NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yep, let's end this Bosa discussion. I was hoping that we could avoid certain aspects of the conversation, but I don't think that is going to happen, so best to move on. There are plenty of options to choose from out there with the draft getting closer. 

Can we talk about Joey Bosa's politics?

On 4/13/2019 at 3:17 PM, jetjuice said:

I think it's very possible that you guys trade the pick. Buffalo, Green Bay, and Atlanta make sense as teams that could wanna leapfrog the Jets to pick to Quinnen.

Don't see the Packers giving up what they'd need to give up in order to get to 2.  And I think if the Packers trade up, it's for Bosa not Williams.

20 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Good point. From the 49ers perspective, they could be looking at potential locker room issues & media/coverage issues, and finally- a player who doesn't really want to be there for the present or future. Doesn't seem like a great pairing. 

There are plenty of players with similar beliefs to Bosa. He just made a mistake deleting all the tweets and saying he changed his ways because he might get drafted to SF. That puts unnecessary extra attention to the situation. There are plenty of other draftees I'm sure you can find tweets of that are similar to Bosa. 

Anyways, I think Lynch and the crew do take him if the Cardinals go Murray at #1. There is always a chance they trade down, but he's the safe bet at #2. 

@CWood21 Have there been any rumors of the Packers wanting to move up to the top 3?

25 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

If SF can't trade back, what are the odds they take Bosa and then trade him?

I don't think it'd happen as he hasn't said that he wouldn't play there. But what would compensation be? Typical trade chart value?

I mean hypothetically if he tells them beforehand he doesn't want to play there and will be a problem? Then they just likely just take Williams. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean hypothetically if he tells them beforehand he doesn't want to play there and will be a problem? Then they just likely just take Williams. 

I can't imagine the line between Bosa and Williams is a big one for SF.  If he straight up tells them he won't play there, I would think they'd be just as tempted to stay and take Williams as to trade back a bit, unless the compensation was great or they're absolutely set on a pass rusher.

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Pretty much. This whole thing is just out of control though. I mean, he literally just took down some tweets because he's aware (or been made aware), of how that could go in the SF market. It's really nothing more than that and I have no idea how people are mutating this into so much more than that. He's already said that he would love to play in SF (just as I'm sure that he's already said he'd love to play in AZ, or NY, or wherever). 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Pretty much. This whole thing is just out of control though. I mean, he literally just took down some tweets because he's aware (or been made aware), of how that could go in the SF market. It's really nothing more than that and I have no idea how people are mutating this into so much more than that. He's already said that he would love to play in SF (just as I'm sure that he's already said he'd love to play in AZ, or NY, or wherever). 

He shouldn't have deleted them and then answered the way he did. Made it a bigger deal than it was. Like I said, plenty of players in the league share his same opinion on a lot of things. And they are fine with their teammates. 

8 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I can't imagine the line between Bosa and Williams is a big one for SF.  If he straight up tells them he won't play there, I would think they'd be just as tempted to stay and take Williams as to trade back a bit, unless the compensation was great or they're absolutely set on a pass rusher.

I think they would love a trade back regardless to accumulate more picks, But the guy I was responding to said if SF couldn't trade back would they still take Bosa and look to trade him. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

@CWood21 Have there been any rumors of the Packers wanting to move up to the top 3?

Nothing concrete.  Just media speculation.  In terms of draft picks, the only teams that I'd say concretely have more draft ammunition would be Oakland and New York (Giants).  You'd probably give the edge to Arizona and San Francisco since their picks are a bit higher.  That's probably got more to do with that since they're one of three teams who own multiple FRPs.  But it's completely against what Ted Thompson has done, and Gute comes from the TT tree.  I believe the Packers have only traded up ONCE involving a FRP which was Clay Matthews, whom the Packers were reportedly considering at 9.  I don't see them moving up that high.  If they move up, it's going to be in that 8-10 range.  Honestly, if they're going to move up, it's going to be for Ed Oliver giving up a 3rd round pick.  Not multiple high draft picks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

There are plenty of players with similar beliefs to Bosa. He just made a mistake deleting all the tweets and saying he changed his ways because he might get drafted to SF. That puts unnecessary extra attention to the situation. There are plenty of other draftees I'm sure you can find tweets of that are similar to Bosa. 

Anyways, I think Lynch and the crew do take him if the Cardinals go Murray at #1. There is always a chance they trade down, but he's the safe bet at #2. 

Derek Wolfe is an outspoken Trump supporter and he hasn’t had any issues with other players in the Broncos locker room.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

Derek Wolfe is an outspoken Trump supporter and he hasn’t had any issues with other players in the Broncos locker room.

Right, like I said, PLENTY of players have the same mindset and beliefs as Bosa and get along just fine. His biggest problem was his response to those tweets getting brought to light was deleting the tweets and his response to why he did it. Why make it a story when that was unnecessary? Dig deep enough, and you will find probably 20-30 upcoming draftees with similar tweets and opinions as Bosa. 

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Nothing concrete.  Just media speculation.  In terms of draft picks, the only teams that I'd say concretely have more draft ammunition would be Oakland and New York (Giants).  You'd probably give the edge to Arizona and San Francisco since their picks are a bit higher.  That's probably got more to do with that since they're one of three teams who own multiple FRPs.  But it's completely against what Ted Thompson has done, and Gute comes from the TT tree.  I believe the Packers have only traded up ONCE involving a FRP which was Clay Matthews, whom the Packers were reportedly considering at 9.  I don't see them moving up that high.  If they move up, it's going to be in that 8-10 range.  Honestly, if they're going to move up, it's going to be for Ed Oliver giving up a 3rd round pick.  Not multiple high draft picks.

I would love to see Oliver in Titletown