NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

1 hour ago, brushmyhair said:

When I heard Ian Rapaport say teams would be shocked to see Quinnen Williams pass 2, it leads me to believe that Nick Bosa told the 49ers that he doesn't want to live in the Bay Area, due to his political stance. Sure they could draft him, but he may be a 5 year rental if that is the case. But I have always been in the Bosa is going #1 to Arizona camp and I still think that is the case barring a Josh Rosen trade before the draft.

Non story. This is an off-season story line. After the draft when OTA and TC starts nobody will be talking about this. 

And what ever team drafts him will most likely re-sign him after his rookie deal if he meets expectations. 

4 hours ago, brushmyhair said:

When I heard Ian Rapaport say teams would be shocked to see Quinnen Williams pass 2, it leads me to believe that Nick Bosa told the 49ers that he doesn't want to live in the Bay Area, due to his political stance. Sure they could draft him, but he may be a 5 year rental if that is the case. But I have always been in the Bosa is going #1 to Arizona camp and I still think that is the case barring a Josh Rosen trade before the draft.

No offense, but this comes across like someone who doesn't live in California and is going off of purely stereotypes that they've heard about California.  Plenty of non-liberal-inclined folks live in Northern California, including in areas near to San Francisco.  Pleasanton, Walnut Creek, even Santa Clara itself and the like are far from "San Francisco liberal" havens.  Bosa would cost himself money telling the Niners something like that... and that's just plain something that NFL prospects don't do.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

No offense, but this comes across like someone who doesn't live in California and is going off of purely stereotypes that they've heard about California.  Plenty of non-liberal-inclined folks live in Northern California, including in areas near to San Francisco.  Pleasanton, Walnut Creek, even Santa Clara itself and the like are far from "San Francisco liberal" havens.  Bosa would cost himself money telling the Niners something like that... and that's just plain something that NFL prospects don't do.

100% this. 

9 hours ago, brushmyhair said:

That would be the dumbest thing of all time.

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Would make complete sense to me, for the Raiders to stand pat at QB.  Keep assembling pieces, and if Carr still isn't clearly looking like "The Guy" after another year...you can probably move him more easily next year anyway.  There are plenty of QB prospects to think they'll have a really good shot at one they like in the next couple years anyway.  Basically puny grains of sand in the hourglass of Gruden's lifetime contract.

I continue to feel like any smoke of them looking at QBs is just trying to leverage their draft position to the max, combined with Gruden just unable to kick old habits wanting to hang out with all the QBs and teach them Spider 2 Y Banana on the whiteboard.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The LBC said:

But but but but he doesn't like Beyonce's music or the movie black panther! 

@DirtyDez I have had a theory about the raiders trading up to #1 and the Cardinals dropping to #4 and still getting Murray for a few weeks now. Would make sense, yes there is risk they don't get Murray, but in that scenario they just keep Rosen. 

You could get another FRP which would offset the fact the cards will inevitably trade Rosen for less than a FRP

1 hour ago, N4L said:

@DirtyDez I have had a theory about the raiders trading up to #1 and the Cardinals dropping to #4 and still getting Murray for a few weeks now. Would make sense, yes there is risk they don't get Murray, but in that scenario they just keep Rosen. 

You could get another FRP which would offset the fact the cards will inevitably trade Rosen for less than a FRP

How often have we ever seen teams get "cute" like that though?

If the Cardinals legitimately want Kyler Murray, history shows us they'll just pick him at #1.  If you want a QB at 4, you're happy to take them at 1.  You don't sweat the small potatoes stuff when you're talking about the most important position on the field.  Not when you risk losing them.

19 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Just off the back of this, DJ mentioned on his podcast the reason for this was the visits Murray is taking. He’s spent time with Oakland and Washington, which might call into question this guarantee from Arizona. For context, last year Darnold turned down a visit with Buffalo and Baker turned down a visit with the Chargers. 

4 hours ago, N4L said:

Not with the Jets openly looking to trade back...........

• Like 2

5 hours ago, N4L said:

I'd be shocked if they tried something this risky.

6 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Would make complete sense to me, for the Raiders to stand pat at QB.  Keep assembling pieces, and if Carr still isn't clearly looking like "The Guy" after another year...you can probably move him more easily next year anyway.  There are plenty of QB prospects to think they'll have a really good shot at one they like in the next couple years anyway.  Basically puny grains of sand in the hourglass of Gruden's lifetime contract.

I continue to feel like any smoke of them looking at QBs is just trying to leverage their draft position to the max, combined with Gruden just unable to kick old habits wanting to hang out with all the QBs and teach them Spider 2 Y Banana on the whiteboard.

But if he proves he's not "the guy" then his value drops significantly no? 

Assembling pieces is great. But they add 2 deep threat WRs and Carr is just not a good deep ball passer and often times won't even look to throw it deep when he has a guy with a step. The fit is odd to say the least.