NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

8 hours ago, N4L said:

But but but but he doesn't like Beyonce's music or the movie black panther! 

@DirtyDez I have had a theory about the raiders trading up to #1 and the Cardinals dropping to #4 and still getting Murray for a few weeks now. Would make sense, yes there is risk they don't get Murray, but in that scenario they just keep Rosen. 

You could get another FRP which would offset the fact the cards will inevitably trade Rosen for less than a FRP

Lol if you see the significance in the Beyoncé and Black Panther stuff then you’re simplh blinded by wanting that man too much. Especially if you’re just gonna mock those reporting on it. 

6 hours ago, Tugboat said:

How often have we ever seen teams get "cute" like that though?

If the Cardinals legitimately want Kyler Murray, history shows us they'll just pick him at #1.  If you want a QB at 4, you're happy to take them at 1.  You don't sweat the small potatoes stuff when you're talking about the most important position on the field.  Not when you risk losing them.

How many times have teams drafted a QB in the top 10 two years in a row? How often are two teams in the same division drafting #1 and #2 overall? 

I said that there is certainly some risk that someone else jumps up and drafts Murray, but in that scenario they would just take a defensive player and keep Rosen. I mean, if Murray to #1 is a lock then they might as well trade Rosen now. No real reason to wait to trade him unless other teams want to see how the draft falls I guess. 

The cards could potentially do this to ensure that the niners don't get bosa, if they really think highly of bosa and dont want him in the same division

Where there is risk, there is reward. The cards would be compensated for their risk. 

Its more of a conspiracy theory than what I think will actually happen, but it would be crazy. 

Whatever his politics may be, I have serious doubts that Bosa told San Fran he wouldn't play there because it's too liberal.  Every city big enough to have an NFL team is liberal.  Urban areas just are.  Hell, Nashville, here in red as red can be Tennessee is a big liberal city.  It would make no sense for him to single out San Fran, especially with his brother already playing in Cali.

That and I feel that would be bigger news if a top prospect told a team he didn't want to play there for any reason.  Similar things have happened in the past, they've always leaked, and they were almost always seen as big deals.  The fact that we're conjecturing at all tells me it's probably limited to the twitter deal.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Pretty wild mock from Jeremiah. He has Daniel Jones at 6, Lonnie Johnson at 20 and a few other names that might be getting 1st round consideration.

Steelers, Giants, Packers and Jets fans would be pissed. Bucs fans would be very happy.

If the Pats can decide between Tillery, Lawrence and AJ? wow.

Edited by SBLIII

16 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Steelers, Giants, Packers and Jets fans would be pissed. Bucs fans would be very happy.

If the Pats can decide between Tillery, Lawrence and AJ? wow.

Yeah I would be pissed. Historically has Jeremiah been accurate at this stage in the game?

1 hour ago, N4L said:

How many times have teams drafted a QB in the top 10 two years in a row? How often are two teams in the same division drafting #1 and #2 overall? 

I said that there is certainly some risk that someone else jumps up and drafts Murray, but in that scenario they would just take a defensive player and keep Rosen. I mean, if Murray to #1 is a lock then they might as well trade Rosen now. No real reason to wait to trade him unless other teams want to see how the draft falls I guess. 

The cards could potentially do this to ensure that the niners don't get bosa, if they really think highly of bosa and dont want him in the same division

Where there is risk, there is reward. The cards would be compensated for their risk. 

Its more of a conspiracy theory than what I think will actually happen, but it would be crazy. 

I think that move would be less about risk and more about having Murray rated higher by the slimmest margin yet feeling confident with Rosen and underwhelmed by Bosa/Q...  If someone trades up to 3 for Murray you could tell Josh we already passed him so you were our guy all along. Regarding Kingsbury I’ve been saying all along I don’t think he’s smoke screening when talking about QB’s.  He’s been honest bout his feelings for both IMO.  Keim has been the one to drop and smokescreen nugget at times during the process.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, N4L said:

It's absolutely a conspiracy theory, and the chances of it happening are slim.  Who would Oakland be trading up to 1 for?  I'd assume you'd project them to take Nick Bosa.  But is the difference between Nick Bosa and say Josh Allen worth what the Raiders would have to give up?  I'd imagine the Cardinals would want at least one of their late FRP, early SRP in return at a minimum.  Probably more.  And if Arizona is confident that Kyler Murray is their QB, they're not moving down from him.  If they're taking a QB, it's going to be at #1.  If they move down or don't take on at QB, don't expect a QB before Day 3.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Yeah I would be pissed. Historically has Jeremiah been accurate at this stage in the game?

Last year's final mock had a lot of hits. Can't imagine he's plucking Lonnie Johnson out of nowhere.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwj9yYCSmdXhAhUry4UKHQVEDwIQzPwBegQIARAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nfl.com%2Fnews%2Fstory%2F0ap3000000928661%2Farticle%2Fjeremiah-mock-draft-40-browns-pick-baker-mayfield-no-1&psig=AOvVaw1yAFLwOjzg1rMuwDUATYex&ust=1555524144835501

20 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

I think that move would be less about risk and more about having Murray rated higher by the slimmest margin yet feeling confident with Rosen and underwhelmed by Bosa/Q...  If someone trades up to 3 for Murray you could tell Josh we already passed him so you were our guy all along. Regarding Kingsbury I’ve been saying all along I don’t think he’s smoke screening when talking about QB’s.  He’s been honest bout his feelings for both IMO.  Keim has been the one to drop and smokescreen nugget at times during the process.

exactly. 

You could then also trade up one spot with the Jets if you really wanted to honestly. Im sure the Jets would like to get another pick and Josh Allen/QW if possible. 

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

It's absolutely a conspiracy theory, and the chances of it happening are slim.  Who would Oakland be trading up to 1 for?  I'd assume you'd project them to take Nick Bosa.  But is the difference between Nick Bosa and say Josh Allen worth what the Raiders would have to give up?  I'd imagine the Cardinals would want at least one of their late FRP, early SRP in return at a minimum.  Probably more.  And if Arizona is confident that Kyler Murray is their QB, they're not moving down from him.  If they're taking a QB, it's going to be at #1.  If they move down or don't take on at QB, don't expect a QB before Day 3.

They would be trading up for Bosa, which the cardinals would be willing to do because A) they aren't drafting Bosa and B) Bosa would then not be in their division.

I know its unlikely, just spit balling here