NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

1 hour ago, DirtyDez said:

There’s still folks on ESPN using Suggs as a reason they won’t take him... he’s a part time player at this point and came for a year then likely retiring.  It’s a great situation for him to come in with Jones and Suggs.  Same can be said for Q-Williams.

Really? If anything that makes the Cards picking Bosa more likely imo. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, brushmyhair said:

Sounds like a Team thats going to take Nick Bosa

Those tweets are worded a specific way. Those were more general questions iirc. I think they asked him if an agent was ever part of a visit and he said never.  And they asked if the team drafting Murray would have to address the baseball stuff. I also think he was either annoyed or messing with the media because they asked 4-5 Murray questions in a row lol

Edited by 11sanchez11

I can't believe such a big discussion is being had over someone's political leanings.  Man we've gone nutty.

Anyway as for DJ's mock, he's not the first person I've heard mention Lonnie Johnson as a potential first round guy.  It would seem that the NFL is much higher on him than the draft community is.

22 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

I can't believe such a big discussion is being had over someone's political leanings.  Man we've gone nutty.

Anyway as for DJ's mock, he's not the first person I've heard mention Lonnie Johnson as a potential first round guy.  It would seem that the NFL is much higher on him than the draft community is.

It seems like these late names that pop up are ones that actually end up in the first 

2018 - late buzz on Kolton Miller, Frank Ragnow, Taven Bryan 

2017 - Haason Reddick, Garett Bolles, 

2016 - Karl Joseph, Keanu Neal, Artie Burns

Just seems like every year, about a week out, we start hearing a few names that most thought were day two guys.  Feels like Johnson may be one of those guys this year

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BoltsFan937 said:

It seems like these late names that pop up are ones that actually end up in the first 

Just seems like every year, about a week out, we start hearing a few names that most thought were day two guys.  Feels like Johnson may be one of those guys this year

McLaurin maybe

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BoltsFan937 said:

Seems to be a theme here with these guys. 

I'm always really wary of prospects that are "talked" up the boards.  I think Reddick is a prime example.  But then again there are some cases where it seems like the community was just sleeping on a guy despite great tape (Ragnow)

Edited by bananabucket

10 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Those tweets are worded a specific way. Those were more general questions iirc. I think they asked him if an agent was ever part of a visit and he said never.  And they asked if the team drafting Murray would have to address the baseball stuff. I also think he was either annoyed or messing with the media because they asked 4-5 Murray questions in a row lol

He also turned bright red in the face when they did that 

14 hours ago, Danger said:

You don't understand the fundamentals dude.

Oh by the way how'd that take on the Jets not being one of the worst teams in the league last year work out for you? You think you know everything except you're just wrong more often than most.

Please make a list of me being wrong. We’ve all thought teams would perform better than they ended up performing. 

You clearly don’t know how value works. You want the Cardinals to rush and trade Rosen. They’re being smart about it. Let the market come to you. 

To say something is “further from the truth” is you acting like you’re some damn savant, which you aren’t. 

35 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Anyway since we’re all just speculating and listening to rumors I find it odd we haven’t had a huge riser this year. A lot of times a guy comes out of nowhere and jumps into the top 10.

Not necessarily "coming out of nowhere" but if I had to pick a guy to hit the top ten, not currently getting top ten hype, my guy is Hakeem Butler.  I could just see a team falling for those measurables and size.