NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

29 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, this time last year we were reading articles about how the Browns are deciding between Darnold and Allen, so we won't realty know anything for six more days.

Yeah, of course. Still, I am always super wary of guys jumping up or falling down boards between the end of pro days and the beginning of the draft. It is normally nonsense. Everyone saw how good Haskins looked throwing and from almost all reports, he was a fantastic interview. Those anonymous knocks on him always seemed suspicious to me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

What the Raiders are doing isn't unusual. Giants sent their scouts home for the Easter weekend as well. These guys just spent months on the road away from their families. They deserve a holiday weekend at home.

Exactly, really a non story.  It’s not like the scouts are going to decide who is drafted. Gruden and Mayock will be making the decisions during the draft and they have all the scouting info they need at this point to make those decisions.

36 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

How is an NFL team in "we don't trust our scouts" mode in year two of a new coach, right before the draft?

Gruden didn’t hire them and they’ll all be fired after the draft anyway. You don’t want them leaking info to prospective teams.

• Like 1