NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

17 hours ago, BayRaider said:

If Rosen is traded to Washington I honestly see Haskins falling to at least 24 and possibly even out of the 1st Round. I just don’t see the Giants, Broncos, Bengals, or Dolphins pulling the trigger in the 1st. 

If the Redskins don’t get Rosen? Yes absolutely Haskins is the pick at 15. But I think they will get Rosen. 

Haskins falling is legitimately the only scenario in which I could see the Chargers taking a QB in the 1st round.  Otherwise, it's a load of bunk on this whole Daniel Jones (*cough*justretireCasserly*cough*) business.  The last time we saw the talking heads talking about how the Chargers wanted a QB because Rivers was in a contract year was the year the Chargers were reportedly "in love" with Mariota... and then Rivers signed a 3-year extension a couple months after the draft.

7 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Pretty obvious there are major leak concerns.

I think sending them home and firing them all are two kind of separate things here. These guys were always going to get fired after this offseason- a new GM brings in his own staff. They just didn't have time to do so before this draft. A scout's job is mostly done at this point though, at least for this year's draft.

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

Rumor from Matt Miller, which I have had a sneaking suspicion about for a while now, is that Haskins is the Giants guy at 6 and that all the rumors have been a successful smokescreen (finally) executed by them.

I can't trust Matt Miller after he doubled then tripled-down and was absolutely adamant that the Chargers were taking Ronnie Stanley at #3 (over Tunsil in that year - and this was before the gas mask Insta video dropped on Draft Night) the year they took Bosa and it was reported that they'd had Bosa entrenched at the top of their board since the previous season had ended and the draft order was finalized.

• Like 2