NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

1 hour ago, JTagg7754 said:

Not seeing how they pass on Bosa but I'm not gonna be sad if they do as long as he makes it to 4

The rumors are that the 49ers consider QW "special". So they are weighing the bigger need (Bosa, edge), over the idea that QW could be that special type of player

56 minutes ago, Forge said:

The rumors are that the 49ers consider QW "special". So they are weighing the bigger need (Bosa, edge), over the idea that QW could be that special type of player

And I am fervently hoping those rumors are just rumors...ugh. Sure, he could very well be special, but we need Edge a helluva lot more. Ford is all we literally have.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Didn't one of your beat writers already say that wasnt going to happen? How good are your beat writers? 

The beat writers aren't that good. It's the AZ sports talk radio that has the insiders. Doug and Wolf, Burns and Gambeau, Mike Jurecki are all the reliable ones.

• Like 1

Just now, HoboRocket said:

The beat writers aren't that good. It's the AZ sports talk radio that has the insiders. Doug and Wolf, Burns and Gambeau, Mike Jurecki are all the reliable ones.

Say this as someone who just spent the past dozen years living in AZ and following the Cards.

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Oklahoma WR Marquise Brown is "in the mix" to be the first receiver taken in next week's draft.

Despite concerns over his size (5'9"/166) and health status—a Lisfranc injury kept him from competing at last month's Combine—Rapsheet said it "wouldn't be a surprise" if Brown is the first receiver off the board Thursday night. Rapoport also noted that D.K. Metcalf, a 99th-percentile SPARQ athlete and the player many have viewed as the top receiving prospect in this year's class, is no longer "a lock" to go in the first round. Despite a deep talent pool with plenty of big names, there isn't much clarity at the receiver position right now.

Edited by SmittyBacall

8 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Oklahoma WR Marquise Brown is "in the mix" to be the first receiver taken in next week's draft.

Despite concerns over his size (5'9"/166) and health status—a Lisfranc injury kept him from competing at last month's Combine—Rapsheet said it "wouldn't be a surprise" if Brown is the first receiver off the board Thursday night. Rapoport also noted that D.K. Metcalf, a 99th-percentile SPARQ athlete and the player many have viewed as the top receiving prospect in this year's class, is no longer "a lock" to go in the first round. Despite a deep talent pool with plenty of big names, there isn't much clarity at the receiver position right now.

Hollywood Brown is a beast.

2 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I've heard good rumors about pretty much everyone in the top 10 besides Josh Allen. 

I’m surprised by how little he been talked about tbh...that could be a good thing or a bad thing for him.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I think I've mentioned it before with @Forge, but it wouldn't surprise me if draftniks liked him more than NFL franchises did.

I can see that. I’ve personally soured on him a little bit lately but still believe he’s worth a top 5 pick, just don’t think he’s as sure of a thing some of us believe him to be.

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

And I am fervently hoping those rumors are just rumors...ugh. Sure, he could very well be special, but we need Edge a helluva lot more. Ford is all we literally have.

You draft for need in the top 3 you continue to draft in the top 3. This is coming from a guy who wants his team to go EDGE as well but we’re picking in the top 5 for a reason. We need talent more than anything.