Antonio Brown officially asks for trade - Bills trade falls through

RaidersAreOne

Steelers treats it’s stars players like absolute horse manure. What Bell did was never his fault, same here with AB. I honestly hope they both tear apart the Steelers in their revenge games. Such an absolute dysfunctional organization. Good luck with Ben retiring in two years and the most overrated Head Coach in the league who doesn’t know what the word adjustments means. 

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

Question for me his value has taken a huge hit with the off the field issues. What are the Steelers even going to get for him. My guess would be a 3rd round pick this year and some filler pick next.

Raiders traded a 3rd for a walking/talking suspension in Martavis Bryant, I can see Gruden going for Brown sadly. 

I read yesterday some exec said his value is a 4th lol. 

I honestly can’t stand the guy anymore. In theory his talent could help the Bears but he is a cancer to locker rooms and even a cancer to his family so I really don’t want anything to do with him. Which is slightly ironic cause I absolutely wanted Kareem Hunt despite his off the field issues. The difference I guess is that Hunt is just starting out and is potentially capable of learning from his mistakes and growing as a person. The AB AB is now is the only AB he’ll ever be. 

Kind of hard to gauge the trade value at the current point in time because I don't know if the NFL is going to be doing any sort of investigation when it comes to the domestic disturbance call from last month. Obviously, if he's facing a possible suspension, even without charges being file (we know that isn't required for the NFL to suspend), it'll have to have a detrimental impact on his trade value. Until any other team knows what the status on that situation is, it's all kind of up in the air. 

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Steelers treats it’s stars players like absolute horse manure. What Bell did was never his fault, same here with AB. I honestly hope they both tear apart the Steelers in their revenge games. Such an absolute dysfunctional organization. Good luck with Ben retiring in two years and the most overrated Head Coach in the league who doesn’t know what the word adjustments means. 

To be fair. Bell is more a product of what's around him than anything else. You could plug a multitude of runningbacks into that system and they'd put up big numbers. It's not economical for the Steelers to give him a big deal. That said, they should have just let him enter free agency.

I detest the Franchise Tag.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Kind of hard to gauge the trade value at the current point in time because I don't know if the NFL is going to be doing any sort of investigation when it comes to the domestic disturbance call from last month. Obviously, if he's facing a possible suspension, even without charges being file (we know that isn't required for the NFL to suspend), it'll have to have a detrimental impact on his trade value. Until any other team knows what the status on that situation is, it's all kind of up in the air. 

And it's for this reason that I don't expect we'll see a trade come to fruition until maybe even the preseason.

Just now, Danger said:

And it's for this reason that I don't expect we'll see a trade come to fruition until maybe even the preseason.

I kinda doubt it.
IF Pitt is gonna move on, they're gonna wanna rip that band aid off and there's very little upside in having him around - quite the opposite

A team trading for Brown can offer a 2019 pick plus a conditional 2020 pick based on performance, attendance etc.
The longer this lingers the more it impacts the Steelers going forward

1 minute ago, Danger said:

I think a trade either happens before the roster bonus kicks in, or doesn't happen until after june. I don't see any reason why it would happen in between to be honest. If they wait until June, they can spread the hit. If they can trade him before the roster bonus kicks in, they save that 2 million. There'd be no reason to trade him in between those times as they'd catch the worst of it. The problem is, in order to trade him prior to that roster bonus, I Think that they are going to have to trade him under market value by a decent chunk. 

Just now, Shanedorf said:

I kinda doubt it.
IF Pitt is gonna move on, they're gonna wanna rip that band aid off and there's very little upside in having him around - quite the opposite

A team trading for Brown can offer a 2019 pick plus a conditional 2020 pick based on performance, attendance etc.
The longer this lingers the more it impacts the Steelers going forward

Then they're going to have to sell SUPER low, getting at most a mid round pick.

10 minutes ago, Tyty said:

I read yesterday some exec said his value is a 4th lol. 

I honestly can’t stand the guy anymore. In theory his talent could help the Bears but he is a cancer to locker rooms and even a cancer to his family so I really don’t want anything to do with him. Which is slightly ironic cause I absolutely wanted Kareem Hunt despite his off the field issues. The difference I guess is that Hunt is just starting out and is potentially capable of learning from his mistakes and growing as a person. The AB AB is now is the only AB he’ll ever be. 

AB himself is annoying, absolutey. That’s not what this is about it though... at all... so don’t know why that’s being used against him. 

He requested a trade because: 

1) Steelers historically give out very low guaranteed contracts. 

2) Steelers are the only team in the league with a no renegotiation policy. Sign a vet QB to 12 mil a year for 4 years and he throws 60 TDs? Yeah, you’re screwed. Yeah, it’s a business, but the Steelers show no remorse and they will keep having star players ask for trades. I guarantee JuJu will not sign with this team in four years. 

3) Dysfunction. Mike Tomlin cannot control his players. Clearing out Bells locker? Letting all the news always reach the media? Throwing players under the bus? No open lines of communication? And would you wanna work for a coach that always gets out coached by coaches with great schemes? 

AB and Bell will find plenty of success. Steelers are done for a long time. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

AB himself is annoying, absolutey. That’s not what this is about it though... at all... so don’t know why that’s being used against him. 

He requested a trade because: 

1) Steelers historically give out very low guaranteed contracts. 

2) Steelers are the only team in the league with a no renegotiation policy. Sign a vet QB to 12 mil a year for 4 years and he throws 60 TDs? Yeah, you’re screwed. Yeah, it’s a business, but the Steelers should no remorse and they will keep having star players ask for trades. I guarantee JuJu will not sign with this team in four years. 

3) Dysfunction. Mike Tomlin cannot control his players. Clearing out Bells locker? Letting all the news always reach the media? Throwing players under the bus? No open lines of communication? And would you wanna work for a coach that always gets out coached by coaches with great schemes? 

AB and Bell will find plenty of success. Steelers are done for a long time. 

Oh I understand his departure (and Bell’s) are of his own volition. I’m just saying I personally have no interest in the guy being a Chicago Bear because I personally don’t like the guy. I’m sure he will find plenty of success in Oakland. 

Archived