Antonio Brown officially asks for trade - Bills trade falls through

RaidersAreOne

14 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

He sits on the Steelers roster and only counts $1M more against the cap than if they cut him.

And the circus continues... at some point you would think that the team learned their lesson with Leveon, this sort of situation benefits no one. Its an unnecessary distraction for a locker room that is already having issues (to put it lightly). 

The signing bonus is a sunk cost. One of the basic economics principles is that you don't evaluate future decisions based on sunk costs. 

If they don't trade/cut him, they better pray he doesn't show up to camp. He has the power to make life miserable for everyone in the building. 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Kind of hard to gauge the trade value at the current point in time because I don't know if the NFL is going to be doing any sort of investigation when it comes to the domestic disturbance call from last month. Obviously, if he's facing a possible suspension, even without charges being file (we know that isn't required for the NFL to suspend), it'll have to have a detrimental impact on his trade value. Until any other team knows what the status on that situation is, it's all kind of up in the air. 

Didn't that whole "DV" incident end with no charges and the NFL not considering it an issue?

Just my half paying attention recollection...

1 minute ago, N4L said:

And the circus continues... at some point you would think that the team learned their lesson with Leveon, this sort of situation benefits no one. Its an unnecessary distraction for a locker room that is already having issues (to put it lightly). 

The signing bonus is a sunk cost. One of the basic economics principles is that you don't evaluate future decisions based on sunk costs. 

If they don't trade/cut him, they better pray he doesn't show up to camp. He has the power to make life miserable for everyone in the building

And if he does, you can put him on a team suspension. Brown has little to stand on here.

4 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

If it comes down to no one offering the Steelers what they feel is appropriate value, I have a feeling the Steelers stand pat. Worst case, Brown refuses to play. More likely, Brown likes his stats too much and plays anyways.

Brown can't survive very long without his salary.  He has 5 support payments plus all of his other expenses.  He will play or throw a temper tantrum and sit and get suspended.

8 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Didn't that whole "DV" incident end with no charges and the NFL not considering it an issue?

Just my half paying attention recollection...

So far as I know, the NFL has not commented at all as of yet, which is where the uncertainty comes in. The NFL doesn't require charges or a conviction to suspend

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Good.  Send the 31-year-old (at season's start) cancer to an NFC team for a first round pick, making the Steelers better and more capable of actually stopping the Patriots.  Just don't send him to the Packers. 

Steelers are not and will not be better in 2019, without AB and Bell. Period. 2020/21 and on, maybe but by then Ben will be gone to. 

Find the top 3 worst  rosters and or QB situations in the NFL and ship his happy A$$ to purgatory. Problem is the Steelers FO is to GD stubborn to do just that because  it will give the "impression", they catered  to his demands. Something they have history of never doing when players are concerned.

If they dont trade him and force him to be a Steeler, They DESERVE everything that follows because they're Idiots!!!!

Purgatory. I'd list my top 3 but don't  want to offend  those fan bases.

57 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

And if he does, you can put him on a team suspension. Brown has little to stand on here.

Right, because that is conducive to a winning atmosphere in the locker room. So you are suggesting the steelers:

1)hold onto a player who is upset, out of spite/not getting adequate return for losing a top 3 WR in the NFL

2)Having him throw a fit and get suspended

3)Lowering his trade value even more, still losing a top 3 WR in the NFL, AND still paying him 11 million dollars? 

I know that the cap consequences aren't that different if he is or isn't on the team, but his base salary is still ACTUAL MONEY the steelers need to pay. Its 11 million dollars out of the pockets of the owners... nothing to sneeze at

Ill ask again, did the steelers learn nothing from leveon's holdout? sometimes its just better to move on

56 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Brown can't survive very long without his salary.  He has 5 support payments plus all of his other expenses.  He will play or throw a temper tantrum and sit and get suspended.

LOL

4 hours ago, Danger said:

And it's for this reason that I don't expect we'll see a trade come to fruition until maybe even the preseason.

Yup.  I'll go on record now as saying I'll be truly shocked if he gets traded before the draft (if at all).  And that's probably, ultimately, in Pittsburgh's best interest.  Let some team who starts having a good preseason and feeling their own hype a little too much to decide to make a big bet/all-in push and offer up a 2020 2nd or multiple picks for Brown (which still ends up freeing up cap-space to do what they want in the long run and extend players already on their roster that they want to keep).

Archived