Antonio Brown officially asks for trade - Bills trade falls through

RaidersAreOne

Any team that gives him a contract is stupid. They'd end up dealing with his antics in a year or two, not to mention his frustration when his numbers drop. This was always about the money, right down to how he played things in week 17 to make it difficult to take his check away (the real reason he had Rosenhaus call Tomlin).

Steelers made him the highest paid WR in the league just two years ago.

1 hour ago, CKSteeler said:

Any team that gives him a contract is stupid. They'd end up dealing with his antics in a year or two, not to mention his frustration when his numbers drop. This was always about the money, right down to how he played things in week 17 to make it difficult to take his check away (the real reason he had Rosenhaus call Tomlin).

Steelers made him the highest paid WR in the league just two years ago.

I don't think it was always about the money, doesn't make it so I just don't think it was initially about the money. He is the second highest paid WR to OBJ and for his age the Steelers gave him a very fair deal. He restructured last year and picked up more upfront money, which was a bad move in hindsight because it will cost the Steelers more against the cap once he is traded, but that wasn't a thought last year so I get it. I think the new contract talk was probably brought up by his agent and he went with it. I'm sure they are trying to sell to his new team that they are getting him for 3 years and 37 million which is a good deal but you can't just pretend that that 1 year 31 million already cashed wasn't a part of that deal. If he wants 18 per year then that is 3 million more over the rest of his contract so a million per year. They are going to try to get another 6 million per season making his current deal like a 4 year contract for 90 million from the time it was signed and that is a big overpay for any non QB. Pretty much what Khalil Mack signed for but while I think that seemed like an overpay it certainly would be for a WR on the wrong side of 30. I wouldn't be interested.

6 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I don't think it was always about the money, doesn't make it so I just don't think it was initially about the money. He is the second highest paid WR to OBJ and for his age the Steelers gave him a very fair deal. He restructured last year and picked up more upfront money, which was a bad move in hindsight because it will cost the Steelers more against the cap once he is traded, but that wasn't a thought last year so I get it. I think the new contract talk was probably brought up by his agent and he went with it. I'm sure they are trying to sell to his new team that they are getting him for 3 years and 37 million which is a good deal but you can't just pretend that that 1 year 31 million already cashed wasn't a part of that deal. If he wants 18 per year then that is 3 million more over the rest of his contract so a million per year. They are going to try to get another 6 million per season making his current deal like a 4 year contract for 90 million from the time it was signed and that is a big overpay for any non QB. Pretty much what Khalil Mack signed for but while I think that seemed like an overpay it certainly would be for a WR on the wrong side of 30. I wouldn't be interested.

When a player tells you it's not about money, it's 100% about money.

On 3/8/2019 at 7:03 AM, evilpimp972 said:

Yeah...Media attention from this drama is what all teams want. Look at the patriots, they have drama in their locker room every season, that's why they win every time....

Didn't they just go to two superbowls in a row off of an offseason where there was drama about how Brady and Belichick hated each other and Kraft was gonna have to get rid of one or the other?

Archived