Antonio Brown officially asks for trade - Bills trade falls through

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I think the crazy of AB this off-season is trying to get himself cut.

Of course it is, and Rosenhaus just rolled out the T.O. scorched-earth plan that he successfully used before
The 21 million dollar question is whether or not you can put THAT genie back in the bottle.

2 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Raiders trading Cooper and Mack only to trade for AB would probably be the dumbest thing I have ever seen.  And I love AB, but where’s the logic? 

We are all hoping the Raiders don’t trade for Brown. Personally I wouldn’t even give up our 3rd. This WR class is stacked all the way to the Mid 3rd and we are trying to get younger. 

However, the logic is AB is the best WR in the league and miles better than Amari Cooper. 

6 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Trying to drive his value down to screw the Steelers more or so he's either released and can choose who he goes to?

Then he's an even bigger Idiot then I thought. ZERO CHANCE, ZERO he is released.

They will ship him to Purgatory, worst possible team in the NFL for a box of Juicy Fruits before he is ever released outright. Especially  if it stops him from going where he wants!!!

13 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Raiders trading Cooper and Mack only to trade for AB would probably be the dumbest thing I have ever seen.  And I love AB, but where’s the logic? 

If we get him for 35? It wouldn't be such a bad trade in a vacuum. Really depends on how fast Gruden and Mayock think they can turn it around. I agree for AB it would be a bad spot, but it's never a bad idea to get a game changing receiver.

12 hours ago, BayRaider said:

We are all hoping the Raiders don’t trade for Brown. Personally I wouldn’t even give up our 3rd. This WR class is stacked all the way to the Mid 3rd and we are trying to get younger. 

However, the logic is AB is the best WR in the league and miles better than Amari Cooper. 

correct and that AB has three years of team control at 11 million whereas Cooper is due 14 million next season and then is a free agent. Big difference (granted AB does want a new deal more than FDR)

Trading a third for AB is basically trading up from the 3rd to 1st and getting a better player in return who has 2 more years of team control than the guy you are sending out. It makes a lot of sense when you look at it from that standpoint

Im still disappointed the niners havent even made a phone call. Would be a great fit here. He would actually be a good fit on the raiders too, Carr doesnt like getting hit and wants to get the ball out quickly. To do that you need a guy who can get open fast. 

1 hour ago, N4L said:

correct and that AB has three years of team control at 11 million whereas Cooper is due 14 million next season and then is a free agent. Big difference (granted AB does want a new deal more than FDR)

Trading a third for AB is basically trading up from the 3rd to 1st and getting a better player in return who has 2 more years of team control than the guy you are sending out. It makes a lot of sense when you look at it from that standpoint

Im still disappointed the niners havent even made a phone call. Would be a great fit here. He would actually be a good fit on the raiders too, Carr doesnt like getting hit and wants to get the ball out quickly. To do that you need a guy who can get open fast. 

The way this forum has cooled on Brown('s "antics")is a joke. I can say the same for Bell. I love watching him play.

We have arguably the worst WR corps in the league. Why would we not want arguably the best receiver in the league at a position/playing style that ages extremely well?

Anyone thinking the Steelers are trading Brown for a 3rd are delusional....at least not this year.   Steelers will keep him and let him sit out before they trade him for a pathetic return...and yes, a 3rd rounder, even early 3rd, is a joke.

Guarantee they dont trade him for less than a top 50 pick.   If they dont get that offer, he will probably remain a Steeler in 2019.   The Steelers have more leverage than AB.    He is holding none of the cards, and if he becomes more of an idiot, the Steelers can suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team.

47 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Anyone thinking the Steelers are trading Brown for a 3rd are delusional....at least not this year.   Steelers will keep him and let him sit out before they trade him for a pathetic return...and yes, a 3rd rounder, even early 3rd, is a joke.

Guarantee they dont trade him for less than a top 50 pick.   If they dont get that offer, he will probably remain a Steeler in 2019.   The Steelers have more leverage than AB.    He is holding none of the cards, and if he becomes more of an idiot, the Steelers can suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team.

Agreed. There's absolutely no way he gets traded for even an early 3rd. It's not fair compensation and Colbert isn't an idiot. 

3 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

The problem becomes when he does show up to camp/practice and becomes a distraction by not giving full effort, running his mouth etc.

Suspending him without pay is gonna require some epic jackassery on his part.  It wouldn’t be hard for him to be a complete nuisance and still not do enough to get a suspension past the NFLPA.  In that case you’re paying him a ton and he’s disrupting the team.

At this point both parties should move on.  I’d be surprised if the Steelers got a first due to his age, but he’s a stud so it’s certainly possible.  I’d also be surprised if some team isn’t willing to part with a second for 3 years of AB at a relatively decent cost.

Archived