Antonio Brown officially asks for trade - Bills trade falls through

RaidersAreOne

Well, to be fair, he should be the highest paid WR in the league. He’s been the best WR in the entire league for like seven years.. minus the Falcons SB year where everyone loved Julio. 

The question here is, how long is demanding elite tier money? I’d give him a 5 year contract that is completely front loaded and averages 20M a season. Final two years he’d probably make around 17M due to age. 

However, I would have an escape clause after year 2, 3, 4 and make sure Brown has no escape clause (I don’t want him NBAing me every year cause I know he will). If he doesn’t agree to these terms it’s a no deal.

Please explain to me why the Raiders would do this after trading Khalil Mack?

I know I have a Broncos avy and no, I am not pushing an agenda. I honestly just can't figure it out. I had settled on the idea that they're going scorched earth for a couple of years and then will make win now moves once in Vegas. How does AB fit into that schedule? Or am I wrong about my idea?

2 minutes ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

I know I have a Broncos avy and no, I am not pushing an agenda. I honestly just can't figure it out. I had settled on the idea that they're going scorched earth for a couple of years and then will make win now moves once in Vegas. How does AB fit into that schedule? Or am I wrong about my idea?

Gut feeling tells me it’s about Gruden having “his guys” not someone else’s guys. 

2 minutes ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

Well they were basically trying to recycle Mack into more starters. Our defense was 31st in the league with him. If we could get three above average starters, they were probably thinking that would help the defense more. I expect a defense heavy draft. 

The Mack trade will always be a bit of a mystery and I’m sure there’s a ton of things behind the scene we will never know about. 

6 minutes ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

It's the window that I don't get. This is all assuming that the Raiders go scorched earth next year and I think that they will - how is a 32 year old AB better than a 30 year old Mack? Only thing that I can figure is that Mack makes QB money and AB won't.

AB is actually 3 years older. will be 31 in 2019 season while Mack will be 28

7 minutes ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

It's the window that I don't get. This is all assuming that the Raiders go scorched earth next year and I think that they will - how is a 32 year old AB better than a 30 year old Mack? Only thing that I can figure is that Mack makes QB money and AB won't.

Like I said, we were trying to recycle Mack into more starters. We had the worst defense in Oakland Raider history, with him. Look at the Pats... rather have quality everywhere instead of one superstar. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Like I said, we were trying to recycle Mack into more starters. We had the worst defense in Oakland Raider history, with him. Look at the Pats... rather have quality everywhere instead of one superstar. 

Yeah, you're right and that's fair. I haven't been very clear in what I am trying to say.

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

AB seems like a "we are knocking on the door and need a push to break it down" move.

1 minute ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

AB seems like a "we are knocking on the door and need a push to break it down" move.

Raiders certainly won’t contend in 2019 but if they signed Bell and Brown, drafted four defensive starters with the first 35 picks, and then have another solid draft in 2020, they could certainly contend. 

I originally thought 2021 but now 2020 may be doable. All depends really how aggressive they are. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

Raiders certainly won’t contend in 2019 but if they signed Bell and Brown, drafted four defensive starters with the first 35 picks, and then have another solid draft in 2020, they could certainly contend. 

I originally thought 2021 but now 2020 may be doable. All depends really how aggressive they are. 

I'm expecting 2020. Maybe it is a poor comparison but after the inaugural season that the Golden Knights had? You want to kill it from day one.

2 hours ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

I understand why people say this. They're not wrong, but you also can't fault a team for trying to add very good players, especially if they aren't spending premium picks to acquire them. 

Archived