Antonio Brown officially asks for trade - Bills trade falls through

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

Things like this maybe make you think twice about the outbursts from these guys

And it's like.... Ben the leader?  I get he's the QB, but the guy is a scum off the field and is probably the biggest finger pointer in the league.  That is the leader of the team?  Lol.  And then the GM makes statements like this. 

4 minutes ago, showtime said:
7 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Things like this maybe make you think twice about the outbursts from these guys

And it's like.... Ben the leader?  I get he's the QB, but the guy is a scum off the field and is probably the biggest finger pointer in the league.  That is the leader of the team?  Lol.  And then the GM makes statements like this. 

As in the media has hammered Antonio for the last month, more or less discounting Ben's impact on all of this

edit: What Brown has done is no doubt unacceptable, but maybe not unwarranted

On 2/20/2019 at 3:32 PM, SmittyBacall said:

It amazes me that the Steelers are going to lose Le'Veon Bell and Antonio Brown - two of the leagues best - for next to nothing considering their substantial value as players. 

Great players leave in FA a lot.  Bell was expected.  However, his value was proven to be somewhat overrated last year.

Brown...time will tell.  

30 minutes ago, showtime said:

How is he scum off the field?  Yes he has a shady past (even though nothing was proven), but what has he done in recent memory?

And while he has called players out, 1) he has blamed himself countless times, 2) he doesnt do it ALL the time (publically anyway) and 3) none of his call outs have been really blatant or disrespectful.

I dont even like Ben, and Colbert's comments were stupid...but Brown is the only one going off the deep end.

46 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

How is he scum off the field?  Yes he has a shady past (even though nothing was proven), but what has he done in recent memory?

And while he has called players out, 1) he has blamed himself countless times, 2) he doesnt do it ALL the time (publically anyway) and 3) none of his call outs have been really blatant or disrespectful.

I dont even like Ben, and Colbert's comments were stupid...but Brown is the only one going off the deep end.

You kind of answered your own question, man. How many times have you heard Brady, Manning or Brees etc. go out of their way to call out a player or comment on management? Scum isn't really the right word. I'd say "unprofessional" or "disrespectful" fits more of a proper description.

8 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

You kind of answered your own question, man. How many times have you heard Brady, Manning or Brees etc. go out of their way to call out a player or comment on management? Scum isn't really the right word. I'd say "unprofessional" or "disrespectful" fits more of a proper description.

Ill pose the same question I did in the Steeler forum.....can anyone give me an example of Ben calling a player or coach out in a "disrespectful" manner?     

Ben has a big mouth and I wish he would shut up sometimes, but he puts the blame on himself more than anyone else, and when he has called others out, it hasnt been in a notably disrespectful way....that Im aware of, anyway.

Ben has a huge ego and isnt the brightest guy....I wont argue that.     However, if not for Brown going over the edge with his diva attitude, all of this other garbage would be a non issue.

2 hours ago, showtime said:

"I honestly believe that that can be a burden on him more often than he may like to admit, because he has to ... he's got 52 kids under him quite honestly," Colbert said.

The Steelers' GM said that.  Wow, how dumb is that guy?  Referring to grown men as kids.  Especially at this time... You almost have to think the Steelers are doing all this on purpose now lol

was he referring to tomlin or ben when saying 'him'?

Archived