Antonio Brown officially asks for trade - Bills trade falls through

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, ET80 said:
4 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

The Colts seem like the most likely landing spot.

Actually could you imagine if they land Bell too? Would be insane.

giphy.gif

Can't  stop laughing. 

What comes first though in that scenario? A trade of AB followed by Bell signing as a FA? I can't fathom any scenario where AB is traded to the Colts "after" Bell had signed if he did? Even for 1st rd picks.

32 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Can't  stop laughing. 

What comes first though in that scenario? A trade of AB followed by Bell signing as a FA? I can't fathom any scenario where AB is traded to the Colts "after" Bell had signed if he did? Even for 1st rd picks.

Ideally NONE of this happens...but I'd gander you'd be right. I highly doubt that the Steelers would trade AB in conference - don't want to risk him blowing up in a playoff game against you - but it would be before FA hits.

2 hours ago, Eminence said:

Patriots would be crazy not to try and figure something out. Do the Bears have anything left to mortgage?

You are kidding yourself if you think the Steelers would EVER (in a million years!) trade Antonio brown to the Patriots. The Patriots are undoubtedly their biggest rival at this point. Unless the Patriots trade Tom Brady himself, it's not **** ing happening 

The bears don't have the cap space to pay him. Plain and simple. Bears barely have enough to pay the guys on their team, and that's with trubs on a rookie deal, their FO only knows what they will do when they have to actually pay their QB and a couple of the young players they have in a few years. Their clock is ticking imo. Especially with no Fangio. 

2 hours ago, Eminence said:

49ers would be boring. But dude thinks he's Jerry Rice and a new team may give him as many targets as he wants.

Boring? Please elaborate how having one of the leagues best route runners paired with one of the most accurate passers (when it comes to ball placement and not just completion percentage) who also happens to have the fastest release in the NFL, with one of the best play callers/play designers IN HISTORY would be BORING? 

HOW ON EARTH WOULD THAT BE BORING 

Garoppolo's lightning fast release and accuracy when timed correctly with the impeccable route running that brown displays on an everydown basis would be an absolutely lethal combo. 

Kyle Shanahan is amazing at getting guys open (see George kittle) 

That means points. Points are exciting. IF YOU WANT TO SEE BORING YOU SHOULD WATCH A RAMS HIGHLIGHT TAPE FROM THE SUPERBOWL lol

https://imgur.com/a/EoRu2rV

If I was the 49ers I would go after Brown with almost everything I had. We on;y got a couple of SF games here in the UK last year, but from what I saw WR was their biggest weakness. Outside of a fairly one-dimensional Goodwin and they don't have much. Brown would open up everything for those guys, allowing Goodwin to focus on being the down-field guy (a la JJSS in Pitt).

I don't know their cap or picks situation, but of all the teams in the league I think they have the most to gain.

9 hours ago, N4L said:

You are kidding yourself if you think the Steelers would EVER (in a million years!) trade Antonio brown to the Patriots. The Patriots are undoubtedly their biggest rival at this point. Unless the Patriots trade Tom Brady himself, it's not **** ing happening 

The bears don't have the cap space to pay him. Plain and simple. Bears barely have enough to pay the guys on their team, and that's with trubs on a rookie deal, their FO only knows what they will do when they have to actually pay their QB and a couple of the young players they have in a few years. Their clock is ticking imo. Especially with no Fangio. 

Boring? Please elaborate how having one of the leagues best route runners paired with one of the most accurate passers (when it comes to ball placement and not just completion percentage) who also happens to have the fastest release in the NFL, with one of the best play callers/play designers IN HISTORY would be BORING? 

HOW ON EARTH WOULD THAT BE BORING 

Garoppolo's lightning fast release and accuracy when timed correctly with the impeccable route running that brown displays on an everydown basis would be an absolutely lethal combo. 

Kyle Shanahan is amazing at getting guys open (see George kittle) 

That means points. Points are exciting. IF YOU WANT TO SEE BORING YOU SHOULD WATCH A RAMS HIGHLIGHT TAPE FROM THE SUPERBOWL lol

https://imgur.com/a/EoRu2rV

Bears have $30M in cap space this year, $60M next year and $120M in 2021 when they have to worry about paying the QB.  They wont trade for Brown bc it doesnt make sense financially or culturally, but the Bears have the core locked up thru 2020 and quite a few thru 2021.  They are probably in the best position continuity wise of any team in the NFL.  The defensive stars, save Eddie Jackson have been paid.  Howard isnt getting a 2nd contract and Whitehair is really the only offensive core guy who needs paid anytime soon.  This is why its laughable when people try to point to missing 2 picks as to a "MAJOR" problem

5 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

If I was the 49ers I would go after Brown with almost everything I had. We on;y got a couple of SF games here in the UK last year, but from what I saw WR was their biggest weakness. Outside of a fairly one-dimensional Goodwin and they don't have much. Brown would open up everything for those guys, allowing Goodwin to focus on being the down-field guy (a la JJSS in Pitt).

I don't know their cap or picks situation, but of all the teams in the league I think they have the most to gain.

giphy.gif

On 2/14/2019 at 1:04 PM, ET80 said:

Ideally NONE of this happens...but I'd gander you'd be right. I highly doubt that the Steelers would trade AB in conference - don't want to risk him blowing up in a playoff game against you - but it would be before FA hits.

Steelers arent going to trade him to a COMPETITIVE AFC team unless some kind of ridiculous offer was made.     Indy would have to make some crazy offer IMO for the Steelers to even consider it.

San Fran seems like a good fit. 

12 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Bears have $30M in cap space this year, $60M next year and $120M in 2021 when they have to worry about paying the QB.  

Is this after they cut a handful of guys? I’m seeing less online.

Archived