Preseason - Jets vs Giants

Webmaster

1 minute ago, doumeyer said:

After three full off seasons this is the team Macc wants to start the season with. We all know Macc is a idiot, but I am a bigger Idiot because I bought the Season ticket from Direct TV so I can watch all 16 games of this nightmare. 

I'm sure it's not what Macc WANTS to start with. We needed to gut this team and build it up. I'll be watching Redzone all season.

4 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

After three full off seasons this is the team Macc wants to start the season with. We all know Macc is a idiot, but I am a bigger Idiot because I bought the Season ticket from Direct TV so I can watch all 16 games of this nightmare. 

maybe i need to get a season ticket to watch someone else ...

I've been listening to this game on the radio. An interesting point the announcers brought up is that the mistakes made on the offensive line have been more mental than being physically overmatched. The announcer put the blame on the coaching staff but being more optimistic I'm thinking it's possibly because they haven't developed a chemistry yet. Even this preseason they've been rotating players at T and C. Once they settle on the starting five maybe they eventually gel and at least become competent .

So Petty finished with a perfect QB rating, going 15/18 for 250 yards, 3TD 0INT.

He played against 2s and 3s. He had a touchdown where not one but two Giants DBs fell over. He had a touchdown where Powell just caught a short pass and ran like 75 yards. And he had a touchdown where nobody even bothered to cover Stewart.

Still, I can't imagine Hack getting those stats with no defenders on the field. Petty should be #2. Or even #1, because I completely fail to see the point in playing a 38 year old on this team.

Ganggreennation.com listed McDougle, Burris, Roberts, M. Williams and Skrine as having a bad night. That's really not too encouraging for a team that's going to rely on it's defense.

Listening to the game, it seemed like Lee had a tough night as well. According to the announcers he was beaten on two pass plays and two run plays where he was out of position,

before the game started the announcers were saying how Hack still looks like he's trying to figure things out while Petty believes he's ready. It showed. Although against backups, Petty was accurate and made good decisions. He also has improved from game to game. The bad news is he hurt his knee. Hopefully it's not serious because I can't get enthusiastic about a 38 year old who has never been good and, despite the late TD, the prospect of seeing Hack doesn't excite me. I guess his spearheading an offense that in the first quarter gained 1 yard and gave 9 points to the opposition left a bad taste in my mouth.

In my first viewing of Hack on Jets this season, the thing that sticks out is how slow his release seems. There's like this big windup.

None of this looks too promising. Lee was disappointing. Hopefully this OL will improve as the weeks go by..Pretty much a given that McCown will start the season until some things get figured out.

I would keep Hack on a short leash when he gets in though. If he can't run the offense by mid point of the season, just cut him and sign someone off a PS. Keep looking under every rock and don't waste too much time. 

41 minutes ago, Harris Smith said:

In my first viewing of Hack on Jets this season, the thing that sticks out is how slow his release seems. There's like this big windup.

None of this looks too promising. Lee was disappointing. Hopefully this OL will improve as the weeks go by..Pretty much a given that McCown will start the season until some things get figured out.

I would keep Hack on a short leash when he gets in though. If he can't run the offense by mid point of the season, just cut him and sign someone off a PS. Keep looking under every rock and don't waste too much time. 

No, we should continue to develop him and draft a LT next year instead.

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

No, we should continue to develop him and draft a LT next year instead.

What has happen to this board, it has gone dead. Things haven gotten so bad for the Jets, even the hardcore members have had a belly full of the Jets front office. Macc and his gang have screwed up draft & the FA period. And we have a owner who doesn't give a *%#@ about our Jets. It is going to be a long ugly  year. 

2 hours ago, Harris Smith said:

I don't think I'd cut him since he's not really costing us anything, we will still need a backup regardless. Draft your QB of the future in 2018 and let Hack, McCown, and the rookie duke it out. Best man starts, hopefully the rookie wins. I do like McCown's leadership more than Fitz's, it seems like he knows exactly why he was brought in.

Archived