Tayne's Womp Womp Combine Thread

NudeTayne

What realistic events do you hope happen (to players the Browns may be targeting or are hoping others will take ahead of our picks) at or around the combine time to benefit our draft? I'll start with a few:

DeAndre Baker - runs slow 40, even though his agility drill is good, falls to our second pick.

Marquise Brown - runs sub 4.4 but weighs in at 165. 

Rashan Gary - insane combine and goes top-5.

Kyler Murray, Dwayne Haskins, Drew Lock, Will Grier and Daniel Jones - all impress in interviews and drills.

Jeffrey Simmons - tears ACL and no longer will have to be in question for pick 17.

Josh Jacobs - great combine and goes top-10.

Ed Oliver - despite having arms measure an inch longer than thought, weighs in a hair under 280.

Who else are you hoping for/can conceivably see experiencing a bit of lemonysnickets to be involved with?

Womp Womp? Are you doing the fat man stomp in here?

18 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Jeffrey Simmons - tears ACL and no longer will have to be in question for pick 17.

Bold prediction. If this comes true then I will owe you one.

1. Alize Mack is going to put on a show among the TEs. I don't think he is a great prospect by any means but he is quick and fast for a TE on film. I'm expected some good runs.

2. Trysten Hill about to put his name in the Top 40

34 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Bold prediction. If this comes true then I will owe you one.

2. Trysten Hill about to put his name in the Top 40

Don't worry about it. This one is on the house. You already owe me so many I've lost count.

And darn about Trysten Hill; I was hoping to get him later.

Agree on your DeAndre Baker prediction.

Kyler Murray runs in the low 4.4's, like a 4.48

Clelin Farrell runs 4.70 or slower

A guy with short arms and a barrel chest wins the bench

Another weener and balls pops outta another dude's shorts during his 40 yard dash - AKA my favorite part.

50 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

@NudeTayne The only slow 40 times you should be rooting for are the players you don't want the Browns to take lol...Dorsey's track record suggests that he'd take guys with great athleticism. 

Well, that's why I Minded by saying Baker would still test well in agility. But yeah, you're right. I just want Gary to break the combine so we don't take him. He might boom, but I'd feel better with no boom/bust types. And Jacobs running well won't effect us. Brown being fast but light might make him fall but still intrigue Doesey. Brown looks built solid enough.

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Unfiltered thoughts on the combine:

Yay underwear Olympics.

Yessir. Never been interested in the combine. Nobody moves up or down the draft board based on this. I’ve heard GMs say as much. I’ve heard scouts say as much. It’s just another honey pot for the nfl. And gives the media something to do. And we mere mortals slurp it up. Go look at the upper half of FF, cats just can’t get enough. 

Watching actual games has never let me down. Either you can play or you can’t. 

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

Well, that's why I Minded by saying Baker would still test well in agility. But yeah, you're right. I just want Gary to break the combine so we don't take him. He might boom, but I'd feel better with no boom/bust types. And Jacobs running well won't effect us. Brown being fast but light might make him fall but still intrigue Doesey. Brown looks built solid enough.

I am a little concerned with Hollywood Brown tbh. 

He's more than 15 pounds lighter than Tyreek Hill entering the draft.

Being undersized is one thing, a line needs to be drawn somewhere. I think he can be a phenomenal player in the league, but I don't know how long it will last.

But yeah Dorsey loves the guys that get value like Callaway and Hill. I think that's how he's made his living. Players who are doubted because they are lacking in certain areas or have question marks surrounding them, and proceed to fall. 

6 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I am a little concerned with Hollywood Brown tbh. 

He's more than 15 pounds lighter than Tyreek Hill entering the draft.

Being undersized is one thing, a line needs to be drawn somewhere. I think he can be a phenomenal player in the league, but I don't know how long it will last.

But yeah Dorsey loves the guys that get value like Callaway and Hill. I think that's how he's made his living. Players who are doubted because they are lacking in certain areas or have question marks surrounding them, and proceed to fall. 

Falls to the 2nd-3rd, we bulk him up to an optimal playing weight of 180. Easy least.

6 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Falls to the 2nd-3rd, we bulk him up to an optimal playing weight of 180. Easy least.

Ideally, yes. He's definitely the kinda guy Dorsey would swoon over. People that call him a burner are selling him short. He's not just a vertical threat, he can embarrass an entire secondary on any level of the field. Remarkable talent. I think the combine could be interesting for him. Personally, I am holding him to very high expectations. I think it'd be disappointing if he doesn't at least run below 4.35. If he were to run slower than that, I'm not saying I'd be less interested, but my thought is that could be enough to allow him to fall into Day 2.

6 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Ideally, yes. He's definitely the kinda guy Dorsey would swoon over. People that call him a burner are selling him short. He's not just a vertical threat, he can embarrass an entire secondary on any level of the field. Remarkable talent. I think the combine could be interesting for him. Personally, I am holding him to very high expectations. I think it'd be disappointing if he doesn't at least run below 4.35. If he were to run slower than that, I'm not saying I'd be less interested, but my thought is that could be enough to allow him to fall into Day 2.

Wood Dorsey want him still if he ran a 4.40 40? If his agility was elite, would that be enough for Dorsey to grab him in the first round? Second-round? I agree that most combine events affect most positions in very minimal ways.

That said, when it comes to players who are categorized as any of the following: under sized, tweener, thinner build, not ideal length, one or no years of quality college-level productivity etc., a poor athletic showing might sway from picking that player. I just wonder if he weighs light at the combine and runs very good but not great, will it affect his stock and if so how much?

Archived