2019 Mock Draft Thread

Scoundrel

21 hours ago, germ-x said:

Obviously it’s a collective, but this team would’ve been a playoff team last year with a competent QB, would’ve been a playoff team in every year post Peyton Manning, with a competent QB.

Further, the nature of the NFL is to lose players, teams turnover 3/4s of their rosters every offseason, whether a guy just didn’t pan out or overpriced themselves is the nature of the business, it’s not necessarily ALL because of poor drafting and between 2011-2014 I looked at the Patriots, Seahawks, Steelers, and Rams drafts and those teams only had 4-5 guys that were starting or high snap count players left on the roster heading into this offseason.  Denver was at 4 with Miller, Wolfe, Paradis, and Roby and are in the same spot as these other teams needing to weigh whether or not to bring some guys back.

Like I said it gets nit picky because it’s our team, but Elway hasn’t drafted nearly as bad as most here think.  The vast majority of  teams in the league only have 1-2 guys left on the roster from the 2011 or 2012 drafts.

We disagree big time and you facts are pretty shaky. As Counselor has suggested though we can pick up the discussion on another thread. I'm sure the topic will come up again.

I am starting to think we do not draft a QB at 10, which opens up the possibility of us trading back into the mid to late teens. I am too lazy to figure out an exact trade, so I will copy Counselor's trade from the first page and assume we fall back to 15, and pick up an extra 3rd round pick.

1 - DeAndre Baker - CB UGA (or Greedy Williams if Baker is gone, Murphy if both gone - picking up a shutdown corner is a huge need)

2- Dalton Risner - OT Kansas State

3- Will Grier - QB WVU

3 (via trading back R1)- Jaquon Johnson - S Miami

4- David Sills - WR WVU

5- Khalil Hodge - LB Buffalo

6- Ben Burr-Kirven - LB Washington

7- some guy (i know i know...he won't last until the 7th round...wishful thinking)

8 hours ago, Royal_VT said:

I am starting to think we do not draft a QB at 10, which opens up the possibility of us trading back into the mid to late teens. I am too lazy to figure out an exact trade, so I will copy Counselor's trade from the first page and assume we fall back to 15, and pick up an extra 3rd round pick.

1 - DeAndre Baker - CB UGA (or Greedy Williams if Baker is gone, Murphy if both gone - picking up a shutdown corner is a huge need)

2- Dalton Risner - OT Kansas State

3- Will Grier - QB WVU

3 (via trading back R1)- Jaquon Johnson - S Miami

4- David Sills - WR WVU

5- Khalil Hodge - LB Buffalo

6- Ben Burr-Kirven - LB Washington

7- some guy (i know i know...he won't last until the 7th round...wishful thinking)

Not a big Grier fan, but I think a mid round QB is very realistic.  I’d be more than happy with this draft and think the picks are realistic in terms of where they are projected to go.

Broncos FA's 

C Matt Paradis - (3/$32M) Elway realizes if he wants to remain competitive, he has to pony up with Matt

ILB Kwon Alexander - (4/$32M) - After missing out on CJ Mosley, here's the replacement/upgrade for Brandon Marshall

S Adrian Amos - (4/$29M) Follows Fangio to strengthen a revamped "No-Fly-Zone"

DT Johnathon Hankins - (2/$5M)  Younger replacement for Peko. 

Broncos resigned DE Harris, OLB Mount, OT Turner 

Broncos Draft

It's still early, here's my pre-Combine wish list.....er Mock Draft for the Broncos:

1.15* CB Deandre Baker - Gives us a starter across from Harris to solidify our backfield

* WAS  trades up for Murray, giving up 1.15, 5.174 and 2020 2nd for 1.10 and QB Case Keenum

2.41  OT Dalton Risner  -  Replaces Veldeer and also gives versatility while solidification of the the OL begins. 

3.71  ILB Terrill Hanks - Add to a strong LB core, Fangio's building the defense back into a top 10 again. 

4. 104*  TE Jace Sternberger - Need pick, but Jace, Troy and Jake could finally solidify the position (if healthy)7. 

Broncos trade 4.126 and 6.183 for Cardinals 4.104 and 2020 5th rder

5. 149 WR Terry McLaurin - Fast receiver(4.3 40 at OSU) to replace Emmanuel Saunders next year

5.157 DL Chris Slayton - Versatile D-lineman, can play across the line. Huge motor.

5.174  QB Clayton Thorson - Here's our QBOTF/backup QB prospect. Big are, good size. Meets Elway's criteria

7.239 C/G Michael Jordan - A project with potential, great size at 6'7" 315lbs, let's see what Munchak can do with him, 

Have at it, feedback for the F-U-N of it. 

6 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Broncos FA's 

C Matt Paradis - (3/$32M) Elway realizes if he wants to remain competitive, he has to pony up with Matt

ILB Kwon Alexander - (4/$32M) - After missing out on CJ Mosley, here's the replacement/upgrade for Brandon Marshall

Broncos Draft

It's still early, here's my pre-Combine wish list.....er Mock Draft for the Broncos:

1.15* CB Deandre Baker - Gives us a starter across from Harris to solidify our backfield

* WAS  trades up for Murray, giving up 1.15, 5.174 and 2020 2nd for 1.10 and QB Case Keenum

2.41  OT Dalton Risner  -  Replaces Veldeer and also gives versatility while solidification of the the OL begins. 

3.71  ILB Terrill Hanks - Add to a strong LB core, Fangio's building the defense back into a top 10 again. 

4. 104*  TE Jace Sternberger - Need pick, but Jace, Troy and Jake could finally solidify the position (if healthy)7. 

5. 149 WR Terry McLaurin - Fast receiver(4.3 40 at OSU) to replace Emmanuel Saunders next year

5.157 DL Chris Slayton - Versatile D-lineman, can play across the line. Huge motor.

5.174  QB Clayton Thorson - Here's our QBOTF/backup QB prospect. Big are, good size. Meets Elway's criteria

7.239 C/G Michael Jordan - A project with potential, great size at 6'7" 315lbs, let's see what Munchak can do with him, 

Don't like the free agency just too many top tier guys from each position group can't see us landing 3 big ones.

The draft is very well done. Very realistic to the approach. I see elway targeting a middle round qb along with Rich Scangarello.  I don't think its a surprise Rypien met with Scarengello at the combine.

14 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Broncos FA's 

Broncos Draft

Love this mock 

2 hours ago, Counselor said:

I really like getting the added value next year in the trade in that 2020 2nd instead of this year. 

Well, I thought since this is setting us up to get QB in next years draft we may need a little ammo to move up. Also we fill future needs to make this a good squad for that new QB

2 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Don't like the free agency just too many top tier guys from each position group can't see us landing 3 big ones.

Well, Paradis is our own FA, if he gets an offer that satisfies him, I do give us the advantage there.

The top tier ILB is Mosley, the next tier of ILB's, Alexander, Perryman and Hicks all have some injury history yet the LB-desperate Broncos pay top dollar a bit of an overpay IMO.

Amos is the top FA strong safety but  his history with Fangio could be the sway that lures him to Denver. The offer is a good one and there is some promise in this secondary, Also, one of the other top FA's is a CB who also played in CHI which doesn't look promising to keep both, and as I said it is my wish list. Really don't think it's impossible, but may not be improbable. It does look feasible financially, relationally yet maybe not so competitively because of Denver's past two seasons records. 

2 hours ago, Counselor said:

I really like getting the added value next year in the trade in that 2020 2nd instead of this year. 

Hey Counselor. Just realized all the mocks in one place won't work well. Once there's more than one it gets pretty hard to respond accurately.

Just a suggestion, but let everybody open up a new thread with each mock. That way there's no confusion about who you're responding to.

3 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Hey Counselor. Just realized all the mocks in one place won't work well. Once there's more than one it gets pretty hard to respond accurately.

Just a suggestion, but let everybody open up a new thread with each mock. That way there's no confusion about who you're responding to.

I Unpinned it. Y’all have fun

8 hours ago, Counselor said:

I Unpinned it. Y’all have fun

vroom vroom. With FA starting on the 13th, we should know a lot more in two weeks to get the mocks rolling.

I am not sure if it is because there is still time to resign FA's, but the current crop seems deeper at Safety / ILB than we have seen in the past.

Had a mock draft all ready to go before Stewart getting cut, reworked it based on what I thought could happen with a little extra money and a need at safety.  Now Keenum gets traded and throws in another wrench.  I’ll try and get my first one out before FA starts.

Archived