Love Chubb but...

thebestever6

Kinda wish we did the trade with Buffalo .

What they were offering was picks 12, 21, and a second rounder.

Considering Derwin James ended up going 17th there was still blue chip value there at 12. Safety is a need this year now. 

Very good tes went second and 3rd round in mark andrews, and Dallas Goedert. 

2018 was a great draft class but to think it could of been even better is wild.

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

Kinda wish we did the trade with Buffalo .

What they were offering was picks 12, 21, and a second rounder.

Considering Derwin James ended up going 17th there was still blue chip value there at 12. Safety is a need this year now. 

Very good tes went second and 3rd round in mark andrews, and Dallas Goedert. 

2018 was a great draft class but to think it could of been even better is wild.

Where and when were they offering that? Because they didn’t have 21 for quite a while I believe since they swapped picks with Cincy in the Corday Glenn trade back in March. 

10 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Where and when were they offering that? Because they didn’t have 21 for quite a while I believe since they swapped picks with Cincy in the Corday Glenn trade back in March. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/heres-the-draft-day-trade-the-bills-and-broncos-had-in-place-before-bradley-chubb-fell/amp

I don't know how you can arrive at this conclusion after one year. Chubb had a terrific rookie season, and pass rush is always a necessity in the NFL. What if you make that trade and both picks miss? It's easy to look back and say "we could have had X" or "we could have had Y", but we could also have taken some guys who didn't contribute at all. I'm fine with the trade. When there's legit blue chip talent, you take that talent every time.

10 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

I don't know how you can arrive at this conclusion after one year. Chubb had a terrific rookie season, and pass rush is always a necessity in the NFL. What if you make that trade and both picks miss? It's easy to look back and say "we could have had X" or "we could have had Y", but we could also have taken some guys who didn't contribute at all. I'm fine with the trade. When there's legit blue chip talent, you take that talent every time.

I think the lack of not doing the trade. Is more of elways lack of faith in his drafting then me trying to knock Chubb.

I love Chubb I'll go as far as to say he's underrated around here.

But, I still feel if we have did that trade we could of been even better set up for the future.  

1 minute ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I still wish we took this deal. Chubb has been better than I expected, but the idea of ending up w/ Leighton Vander Esch (12), Lamar Jackson (22) and Isaiah Oliver in R2 is way too good to pass up.

Even if we utilized that second first rounder into future assets and picks we could of made out.

Just my opinion but second guessing a very successful 1st rd choice is a bit of a fools errand.

20/20 hindsight is wonderful, most have it, but it has no value other than learning from past mistakes. I hardly view Chubb as a mistake.

7 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I still wish we took this deal. Chubb has been better than I expected, but the idea of ending up w/ Leighton Vander Esch (12), Lamar Jackson (22) and Isaiah Oliver in R2 is way too good to pass up.

Lamar Jackson????

Lamar Jackson????

Ya, I was wrong on him. Replace any of the trash we have at QB with Jackson and we are in a better position next year and in the future.

There is a decent argument that we would be better off long term taking Lamar at 10 over Chubb much less taking the trade down package.

You could play this game about any draft in any scenario. There will always be 1st round picks that were available and you didn't make. That's the draft for you. I think you're in for a pretty miserable existence if you play that game every year!

I think the only scenario to look back on with merit really is whether or not we should've done QB. That is all this forum was thinking at the time - QB or BPA. That said, I think we've done that one to death enough time over the past year.

Archived