Love Chubb but...

thebestever6

1 hour ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Ya, I was wrong on him. Replace any of the trash we have at QB with Jackson and we are in a better position next year and in the future.

There is a decent argument that we would be better off long term taking Lamar at 10 over Chubb much less taking the trade down package.

I said we could have dropped Lamar into our offense as a rookie and been immediately better last offseason....and I would have been right lmao.

One thing I didn't foresee was his fumbling issues. He's gotta figure that out. 

As for Chubb - I'm glad he is really good. But yeah, easy to play this game in almost any situation. 

5 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Ya, I was wrong on him. Replace any of the trash we have at QB with Jackson and we are in a better position next year and in the future.

There is a decent argument that we would be better off long term taking Lamar at 10 over Chubb much less taking the trade down package.

So clue me in here. I must be missing something. 

Why is a QB that runs the ball almost as much as he passes (147 to 170) with serious fumbling issues a good option at QB? I'm just curious, I don't see it. 

I think the drubbing he received at home by the Chargers in the PO's will become the rule, not the exception. 

So clue me in here. I must be missing something. 

Why is a QB that runs the ball almost as much as he passes (147 to 170) with serious fumbling issues a good option at QB? I'm just curious, I don't see it. 

I think the drubbing he received at home by the Chargers in the PO's will become the rule, not the exception. 

Well he unseated our new starting QB so what does that say about Denver's state of the franchise right now.

It was unconventional but it worked for Baltimore and got them into the playoffs. And I would wager that he would have managed the same here.

If we could have gotten LVE, who is a more unique talent at ILB thant Chubb is at EDGE, along with a freak like Lamar, this team would be in better shape moving forward. Just my two cents.

8 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Well he unseated our new starting QB so what does that say about Denver's state of the franchise right now.

It was unconventional but it worked for Baltimore and got them into the playoffs. And I would wager that he would have managed the same here.

If we could have gotten LVE, who is a more unique talent at ILB thant Chubb is at EDGE, along with a freak like Lamar, this team would be in better shape moving forward. Just my two cents.

I'm kind of an Occams Razor guy. It seems to me Lamars success had more to do with the really weak schedule they had and some great defensive performances than anything he did.

I'd love to see him succeed, he seems like a great kid. I just think he's got a serious uphill battle to be a good or even average NFL QB.

Elway would never play with an unconventional QB like Jackson.

He got rid of Tebow as fast as he could.  Remember Tebow played before Chip Kelly showed college/high school plays like RPO's and zone read coupled with NFL passing concepts could work in NFL and was roundly pilloried for it.  People forget that Kelly ran some of statistically best O's in NFL in Philly with very little talent and unified opposition from his own team and media.  

Andy Reid saw the plays liked them and adapted/married Kelly's offense to West Coast offense and 1/4 to 1/3 of league is running same thing now.

What it did was reintroduce some misdirection and option into the NFL game which was sorely lacking.   Playing defense had gotten too easy and it was always 10 on 11 in run game.  

IMO good chance Tebow could succeed from day 1 in today's NFL in a do over were he a rookie with the right coach.  Just like Jackson has an outside chance to do well.  It's different now than it was.

It's not ideal.  Mahomes is ideal.  But it could work and it's fun.  I digress, but I have to say much of nation was a Bronco's fan when Tebow was doing his thing.  I've never seen anything like it before or since.  The love was intense.  I am in Illinois and people would talk about it non stop everywhere I went.  They were buying jerseys.  Die hard Bears, Cowboys and Packer fans were wearing Tebow jerseys in my neighborhood.  

Heck I believe you could run old school wishbone concepts in NFL if you totally committed to it and didn't over pay QBs, but kept a stable.  Nobody is doing that anytime soon though.

If you are talking first round draft do over I think you should have drafted Josh Allen.  He isn't without flaws, but he is a heck of a specimen to be molded in right hands.

I think early Elway made all the right moves and was on his way to HOF as a GM, seems he can't do anything right lately.

15 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Elway would never play with an unconventional QB like Jackson.

He got rid of Tebow as fast as he could.  Remember Tebow played before Chip Kelly showed college/high school plays like RPO's and zone read coupled with NFL passing concepts could work in NFL and was roundly pilloried for it.  People forget that Kelly ran some of statistically best O's in NFL in Philly with very little talent and unified opposition from his own team and media.  

Andy Reid saw the plays liked them and adapted/married Kelly's offense to West Coast offense and 1/4 to 1/3 of league is running same thing now.

What it did was reintroduce some misdirection and option into the NFL game which was sorely lacking.   Playing defense had gotten too easy and it was always 10 on 11 in run game.  

IMO good chance Tebow could succeed from day 1 in today's NFL in a do over were he a rookie with the right coach.  Just like Jackson has an outside chance to do well.  It's different now than it was.

It's not ideal.  Mahomes is ideal.  But it could work and it's fun.  I digress, but I have to say much of nation was a Bronco's fan when Tebow was doing his thing.  I've never seen anything like it before or since.  The love was intense.  I am in Illinois and people would talk about it non stop everywhere I went.  They were buying jerseys.  Die hard Bears, Cowboys and Packer fans were wearing Tebow jerseys in my neighborhood.  

Heck I believe you could run old school wishbone concepts in NFL if you totally committed to it and didn't over pay QBs, but kept a stable.  Nobody is doing that anytime soon though.

If you are talking first round draft do over I think you should have drafted Josh Allen.  He isn't without flaws, but he is a heck of a specimen to be molded in right hands.

I think early Elway made all the right moves and was on his way to HOF as a GM, seems he can't do anything right lately.

Sorry, but everything you've said with regards to Tebow is incorrect.

The fact is in the NFL you have, have, have, have to be able to make plays from within the pocket, with a level of anticipation and accuracy. Tim Tebow showed absolutely no ability to throw from within the pocket with any form of consistency, he showed incredibly poor accuracy and he showed no ability to make passing throws 'on schedule'.

Jackson and Tebow are not the same player. Please don't take it personal, but it's a bit of a lazy comparison. Jackson has a laser arm with a really quick release. To boot, he's a generational, explosive athlete with game changing speed. Tebow is very good athlete for his position with good speed and physical ball carrier, but that is a totally different animal to Lamar Jackson. I actually think both styles have little/no longevity in the NFL as a QB, but a physical ball carrying QB has NO place in the modern NFL whereas Jackson at least has a chance to make plays with his legs that won't impact his ability to stay on the field.

The love for Tebow was entirely because of his outspoken Christian values and his 'high character'; it was nothing to do with his play. The latter held the team back if anything, let's get it straight. Go back and watch the games - he was HORRENDOUS for 3 and a half quarters in every game during that win streak of ours.

Tim Tebow wouldn't be a starting calibre NFL QB in any sustainable NFL Offense. It really is that simple.

45 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Sorry, but everything you've said with regards to Tebow is incorrect.

The fact is in the NFL you have, have, have, have to be able to make plays from within the pocket, with a level of anticipation and accuracy. Tim Tebow showed absolutely no ability to throw from within the pocket with any form of consistency, he showed incredibly poor accuracy and he showed no ability to make passing throws 'on schedule'.

Jackson and Tebow are not the same player. Please don't take it personal, but it's a bit of a lazy comparison. Jackson has a laser arm with a really quick release. To boot, he's a generational, explosive athlete with game changing speed. Tebow is very good athlete for his position with good speed and physical ball carrier, but that is a totally different animal to Lamar Jackson. I actually think both styles have little/no longevity in the NFL as a QB, but a physical ball carrying QB has NO place in the modern NFL whereas Jackson at least has a chance to make plays with his legs that won't impact his ability to stay on the field.

The love for Tebow was entirely because of his outspoken Christian values and his 'high character'; it was nothing to do with his play. The latter held the team back if anything, let's get it straight. Go back and watch the games - he was HORRENDOUS for 3 and a half quarters in every game during that win streak of ours.

Tim Tebow wouldn't be a starting calibre NFL QB in any sustainable NFL Offense. It really is that simple.

Shocked that someone disagrees with me on this. LOL. 

Archived