Is Philip Rivers a HoF QB?

Danger

Rivers HoF?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Does Philip Rivers belong in the NFL Hall of Fame?

• Yes, First Ballot
    • Yes, after a few years
    • Yes, after many years
    • No, never.

1 minute ago, Bearerofnews said:

Again, 2 playoff wins since 2013.  Beibg a playoff contender is what? Making the playoffs or contending for a playoff spot. Missing out on the playoffs or division title by 1 win, is ot a playoff contender?

If you miss the SUPERBOWL, you can still of been a superbowl contender. When a fighter is in position for a title fight, they are a contender. If you are lobbying every year almost, for a playoff spot or division titl and are within a single game, you are a playoff contender.

Not every team that makes the playoffs is a contender. The Chargers have made it twice since 2010 and never by winning their division. You call them a perrenial contender. This explains everything about your viewpoint in a nutshell. You have no standards 

7 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Not every team that makes the playoffs is a contender. The Chargers have made it twice since 2010 and never by winning their division. You call them a perrenial contender. This explains everything about your viewpoint in a nutshell. You have no standards 

That's not my viewpoint, that is reality. Are you now trying to redefine the parameters of a contender? So a playoff contender has to win their division in the past 9 years? Or whatever other arbritary identifier you want to attach to a contender. In the years they missed the playoffs or division title by 1 game.... what where they? Meaning 1 made FG, 1 goaline stop, 1 game stopped them from being division champ or in the playoffs. In every facet of sport, on the cusp of something, makes you a contender.

Chargers without Rivers are probably the Browns. Show me how many NFL franchises the last 12 years have been run as badly as the Chargers. They fired a 14-2 coach. Rivers has masked that. Just the facts.

4 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

That's not my viewpoint, that is reality. Are you now trying to redefine the parameters of a contender? So a playoff contender has to win their division in the past 9 years? Or whatever other arbritary identifier you want to attach to a contender. In the years they missed the playoffs or division title by 1 game.... what where they? Meaning 1 made FG, 1 goaline stop, 1 game stopped them from being division champ or in the playoffs. In every facet of sport, on the cusp of something, makes you a contender.

Chargers without Rivers are probably the Browns. Show me how many NFL franchises the last 12 years have been run as badly as the Chargers. They fired a 14-2 coach. Rivers has masked that. Just the facts.

Reality is that a perrenial contender misses the playoffs all but two years of an entire decade? 

14 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Show me a qb who has had avg passing stats vs his contemporaries with great rushing numbers that was in any serious discussion for HOF?

Show me a QB that was the greatest rushing QB of all time with an MVP and a Super Bowl appearance that didn’t get in

9 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Reality is that a perrenial contender misses the playoffs all but two years of an entire decade? 

Yes, if 4 of the 7 years you missed the playoffs was by 1 game. In which 3 of those years would of been for the division titles. You contended for the playoffs. 

2 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

He has taken 1 of the worst run franchises in all of sports and made them a perennial contender most of his career (made the playoffs or missed by 1 game). Something his predessor failed to do (1st ballot HOFer Drew Brees) that's eliminating the fact he has the 9th most wins in NFL history of any qb, multiple records in terms of comebacks and streaks, has produced with 4 different head coaches (playoffs and probowl in the same year with 4 diff head coaches) is 3rd on consecutive start list for qbs all time. One of the greatest abilities is availability. 1 of only 13 qbs ever with atleast 8 probowls.

If not for a Dynasty in the same conference Rivers very likely could of been in 2 to 3 SBs. 

How are you defining “perennial contender”? They’ve made one conference title game 

5 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Yes, if 4 of the 7 years you missed the playoffs was by 1 game. In which 3 of those years would of been for the division titles. You contended for the playoffs. 

Nobody buys your argument. Do you want make a thread asking if the Chargers are perrenial contenders? This thread already has not in the Hall as the leading option and you said you were 100% sure of that 

9 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Nobody buys your argument. Do you want make a thread asking if the Chargers are perrenial contenders? This thread already has not in the Hall as the leading option and you said you were 100% sure of that 

You arent good with numbers. 30 have him in the hall vs 16 no. Most people who actually posted said yes. So a bunch of blind votes for no.

My argument isnt to be bought. It's a factual statement based on the traditions definition of contender. If you say is someone a perennial playoff contender, the Chargers have been exactly that. How is this confusing to you? If i called them contenders, one would preface that by title contenders. That's why i said playoff contenders.

If someone is a boxer and they are a contender. Do they need to have a title fight? 

10 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

You arent good with numbers. 30 have him in the hall vs 16 no. Most people who actually posted said yes. So a bunch of blind votes for no.

My argument isnt to be bought. It's a factual statement based on the traditions definition of contender. If you say is someone a perennial playoff contender, the Chargers have been exactly that. How is this confusing to you? If i called them contenders, one would preface that by title contenders. That's why i said playoff contenders.

If someone is a boxer and they are a contender. Do they need to have a title fight? 

There 3 options for yes and 1 option for no. It’s been statistically proven many times just if you give the same option in multiple forms it yields a theater result. The winning option is still no. That speaks volumes. Poll should have been Yes; No, Not Sure. 

You’re arguments aren’t facts. It’s just opinions based on a distortion of facts which you’ve been caught being misleading or having low standards with. This is a fact: No QB has gotten in the Hall of Fame without a Super Bowl, MVP or All Pro. That’s a fact. Not a single one 

Also as a huge boxing fan, I can think of a single fighter that spent more than a decade of their career outside the top 12 ranked fighters (which is effectively what the playoffs are) that never had a single title fight, that was described as a “perrenial contender”. 

Archived