Jump to content
champ11

Broncos trade for Joe Flacco

Recommended Posts

If we could dump Case for a 6th and only spent a 4th on flacco I'd sign off on this.

But we will not get a 6th for Keenum.  And are banking on a 34 year old with injury issues the last 2 years. Who Baltimore kept believing in after that superbowl run and they finally said enough.  And drafted and replaced him with a 21 year old dual threat project qb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RavensfanRD said:

I would love a warm welcome as an honorary Broncos fan. Joe Flacco is ready to drag his nuts! I'm here for it!

I already ordered my Flacco broncos jersey LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So much for the fountain of youth...fingers crossed...I don't like Flacco...are we just piecing together chit to see what sticks because we can't draft or coach up talent?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What Qb fits with flacco in the draft now? 

Lock I'm still buying as a possibility . Maybe this trade was done to masks other teams to thinking Broncos arent going Lock.  

Which may be smart give up a 4th now for a better bridge qb so you don't have to trade the farm up to get Lock. Maybe this sells teams that denver doesn't go qb round 1 so teams don't leap them to select Lock 

Or, maybe they really wanna go bpa round 1 and get a qb like stidham, thorson, rypien to groom later just an odd trade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The idiots on the fan this morning (Cecil and Prichard I believe) were praising this move as the Broncos "finally getting their splash QB" and are saying this fixes their problem so we can go all in and make more splash free agency signings. How delusional can you be? Unless the Ravens eat a big portion of his contract and Flacco's cap hit is super small, or Case can be offloaded so we don't have to eat his dead money, I absolutely hate this. Nobody in their right mind can actually believe Flacco is a significant upgrade who immediately makes us contenders and a destination for major free agents. 

Edited by SenorClean2k0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I sound like a broken record but this franchise is in such desperate mode because of the financial and legal issues surrounding the ownership situation that moves like this become mandatory. Flacco is, at best, a minor upgrade from Keenum. They're trying to so hard to win now to keep Bill Bowlen and his forces at bay that, instead of trying to build for a Super Bowl 2-3 years down the road they're trying to build for 10-6 and a Wild Card spot next year so they can say to both the fan base and corporate sponsors "hey look we're competitive again."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I know I sound like a broken record but this franchise is in such desperate mode because of the financial and legal issues surrounding the ownership situation that moves like this become mandatory. Flacco is, at best, a minor upgrade from Keenum. They're trying to so hard to win now to keep Bill Bowlen and his forces at bay that, instead of trying to build for a Super Bowl 2-3 years down the road they're trying to build for 10-6 and a Wild Card spot next year so they can say to both the fan base and corporate sponsors "hey look we're competitive again."

No ones buying it though lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SenorClean2k0 said:

The idiots on the fan this morning (Cecil and Prichard I believe) were praising this move as the Broncos "finally getting their splash QB" and are saying this fixes their problem so we can go all in and make more splash free agency signings. How delusional can you be? Unless the Ravens eat a big portion of his contract and Flacco's cap hit is super small, or Case can be offloaded so we don't have to eat his dead money, I absolutely hate this. Nobody in their right mind can actually believe Flacco is a significant upgrade who immediately makes us contenders and a destination for major free agents. 

Two years ago Cecil was praising the hire of Mike McCoy, saying Siemian is a perfect game-manager fit for the offense and that Jamaal Charles will be a major dynamic upgrade to the offense. 

Last offseason he was praising Case Keenum and Mike Sullivan saying that we've got the perfect fit between coach and QB and we will contend for the AFC West and that Vance is a changed man having learned form his rookie season. 

Now it's we have a splash QB, a HC who is the second coming of Vince Lombardi and an OC who is a Kyle Shanahan clone. 

See a pattern? The guy is a total hack and fan base follower, he should be writing for Mile High Report cheer-leading every decision the organization makes. That said, at least he's not a total asshat like D-Bag D-Mac.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

No ones buying it though lol

Joe Ellis is hoping otherwise. He and the trust might not survive a third-straight losing season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Joe Ellis is hoping otherwise. He and the trust might not survive a third-straight losing season. 

The problem with the Broncos fan base is they're too loyal. They vote with their dollar.  As bad as the recent losing season's have been or the bs elway tries to sell us at qb. The seats will still sell out. And broncos still have one of the best secondary markets for tickets. That's  the true reason this isn't gonna change. Tickets just increased after two losing seasons it's crazy.

 

Once pockets are being hurt that's when you'll see true change.  That's the loudest voice. The fans have been too loyal. So there's not gonna be change anytime soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Case Keenum snowball is starting to really roll downhill. If we didnt have Case on the books, this would be merely a sad move. Sad as in the org thinks we can compete.

With Case on the books, this is beyond that. We have infinite amounts of money tied up in two middling QB's who are not fixes beyond 1-2 years. We now have a minimal amount of cap space to play with as well.

Any GM that ends up having to deal for a overpaid, non-starting QB because he overpaid a non-starting QB the year before has to be put on the hot seat. Actually, at this poing Elway should be put in the brazen bull.

Its been like groundhogs day since we won that Super Bowl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

The Case Keenum snowball is starting to really roll downhill. If we didnt have Case on the books, this would be merely a sad move. Sad as in the org thinks we can compete.

With Case on the books, this is beyond that. We have infinite amounts of money tied up in two middling QB's who are not fixes beyond 1-2 years. We now have a minimal amount of cap space to play with as well.

Any GM that ends up having to deal for a overpaid, non-starting QB because he overpaid a non-starting QB the year before has to be put on the hot seat. Actually, at this poing Elway should be put in the brazen bull.

Its been like groundhogs day since we won that Super Bowl.

I think you can only fault Elway so much, given the legal/financial situation of the organization we have no choice but to take the shortest route to even minimal respectability. 

From Elway's perspective, a rookie is too much of a roll of the dice and we need someone, anyone, who doesn't have to learn on the job. Flacco excelled in the Kubiak offense, has a big arm to stretch the field off play action and is proven in the postseason. Again, I don't like this move as I don't think he's big upgrade over Case, but I can see why this is the route Elway chose, given the constraints Ellis & Co. have put around him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

From Elway's perspective, a rookie is too much of a roll of the dice and we need someone, anyone, who doesn't have to learn on the job. Flacco excelled in the Kubiak offense, has a big arm to stretch the field off play action and is proven in the postseason. Again, I don't like this move as I don't think he's big upgrade over Case, but I can see why this is the route Elway chose, given the constraints Ellis & Co. have put around him. 

I actually think he is a tremendous upgrade over Case. Its still the Case contract biting us in the butt. We look like fools right now paying these two guys. One is a backup and should be making 4-5M, the other was benched and should be a guy you take a flyer on after he is cut. Instead we are paying millions upon millions for them.

Flacco has a big arm but is a statue at this point, and we have little cash to spend on upgrading the OL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×