Isaiah Crowell To Be Released--Should We Take Look At Him?

Just Want A Title

I just read that Isaiah Crowell will be released by the jets:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/13/jets-expected-to-part-with-isaiah-crowell-after-signing-another-back/

The jets were a mess on offense last year.  At 5'11" and 225 and decent production, should we take a look at him as a complimentary back to Kerryon Johnson?

I don't see why we wouldn't take a look at him. The only caveat would be cost and/or opportunity. He might be looking for more than we want to pay based on his role. He may also want a better chance at a starting job. Unless he is injured, the Lions are likely going to try and give KJ more opportunities in a starting role.

Just read that too.  I think we at least kick the tires.  At almost 5 yds/carry, he would complement Kerryon and give us the inside presence that Blount didn't give us last year.  That same post said that the 49ers were releasing Garry Gilliam.  He's a guard that use to start for Seattle during Bevell's days there.  Think we might have any interest?

16 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I must be confused on who we are talking about.  $5 Mil for Isaiah Crowell?  Hard pass on that.  He had one big game last year, but he is not someone I would want to bring in on anything more than backup money.

Agreed 100%. Anything between $2.5M - $3M (or less) would be more in line.

Archived