Flacco dealt to Broncos for 4th Rounder

AFlaccoSeagulls

9 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

I've been ready for the Flacco era to end but I'm still gonna miss him, just a great dude and obviously a Ravens legend.

Really hoping we don't have to wait a month to find out what we got in return. 

Yeah, I've cursed him many times. I've always celebrated him even more. It's a sad day as a Ravens fan. I'm currently walking around with a ball in my throat. Sad news. 

12 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Inevitable, but still sad. We'll forever be grateful for everything you ever did for this team, Joe. Best of luck in Denver. 

As far as compensation, I'm hearing a mid round pick. So maybe a 4th or 5th?

I'd bet a good amount of money it's a 4th. Denver had two of them from the Thomas trade. A fourth for someone we would've likely released? DeCosta just had a good first showing. 

Here's my question because when it comes to understanding cap, I'm hopeless. Over the cap has us having just under 22 million in cap. With the Flacco trade, we free up 10.5 million. So does that mean if we absorb the entire 16 million this year. Trading Flacco is actually costing us another 5.5 against the cap, leaving us with roughly 16.5 million in team cap space when everything offsets? 

2 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Here's my question because when it comes to understanding cap, I'm hopeless. Over the cap has us having just under 22 million in cap. With the Flacco trade, we free up 10.5 million. So does that mean if we absorb the entire 16 million this year. Trading Flacco is actually costing us another 5.5 against the cap, leaving us with roughly 16.5 million in team cap space when everything offsets? 

The more I see people post about our cap situation with Flacco ($10.5 million in savings but $16.5 million in dead cap!), the more I'm confused as well.

27 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

I'd bet a good amount of money it's a 4th. Denver had two of them from the Thomas trade. A fourth for someone we would've likely released? DeCosta just had a good first showing. 

I agree, a 4th round pick is a pretty good haul for Flacco. I was thinking that teams might wait us out and force DeCosta to cut him. 

Archived