Flacco dealt to Broncos for 4th Rounder

AFlaccoSeagulls

I was honestly hoping for a 3rd. Flacco only cost another team 10 mill, he’s still a quality veteran for many teams in qb trouble. Also the qb market was very weak for free agency and draft class. 

Still happy with a 4th. Usually our best round that we draft well in!

It is curious that Kubiak was tabbed to be the Broncos OC earlier in January and then took a job with the Vikings due to difference in philosophies.

Wouldn't Elway have wanted Kubiak to stay if he knew he was interested in trading for Flacco? 

I though once Kubiak moved on to the Vikings, it was less likely the Broncos would pursue Flacco.  

57 minutes ago, paraven said:

most likely

To be fair, we have one of the absolutely toughest schedule on paper next year. To me it is a redecorate year where we prove we can build a more sound and NFL ready offense around Lamar.

3 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

4th!?!? Elway is gonna end up looking like a genius 

Sam Bradford fetched a 1st and we get a 4th?

Awful start to DeCosta era

Bradford was younger (although more injured) and I can't remember what the FA QB market was back then, but Flacco could face competition from Tannehill, Foles, Bridgewater, Tyrod Taylor, he is 34 in the next season and has some injury concerns. I think DeCosta did wisely to make a deal before the QB market dried up

Archived