Dante Fowler [4 years 28 million]

Change of Scenery Guys

Shane Ray  [1 year 1.8 million]
Markus Golden [No Idea]
Jeremiah Attouchu [1 year 1.5]

Ascending

Eli Harold [2 years 6.8 million]
Zach Moore [2 years 6.8 million]

I like the idea of a change of scenery guy.  I liked Ray coming out of college, and giving him a one year prove it deal may help both parties in the long run.  It gives Ray one more shot for a bigger contract, and it gives the Bears an opportunity to let Irving and Fitts develop for one more year.

I'd leap at Wake for $5 mil. Be pretty happy with Suggs there too.

I'd happily take a shot with Ray, his athletic ability should be able to be taken advantage of or at least a decent rotational player.

I liked Harold in college, but I forgot he was even playing. Might be worth giving a shot to though.

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Clay Matthews is interesting. Offers OLB and ILB depth.  Playing him on a rotation and in spot duty might make him look a lot better.

Plus, it would really irk Packers fans. 

He’s a career Packer. Going to their rival at this point would seem really unlikely. Also, he looked DONE last year, and hasn’t had more than 7.5 sacks since 2014. I’m looking elsewhere. 

2 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

What is everyone thinking Aaron Lynch is going to make. 

3 sacks and 16 tackles in 13 games on a 1 year $4M prove it deal making for 5.5 sacks in 27 of a possible 48 games over the past 3 seasons tells me that he’s looking a deal at or just above the minimum. He’s not good enough when healthy to be anything other than a 3rd or 4th end and health seems to elude him every year. I’d bring him back, but only for chump change. We can do better. Plus he was a Fangio special, and he’s gone now. 

30 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

3 sacks and 16 tackles in 13 games on a 1 year $4M prove it deal making for 5.5 sacks in 27 of a possible 48 games over the past 3 seasons tells me that he’s looking a deal at or just above the minimum. He’s not good enough when healthy to be anything other than a 3rd or 4th end and health seems to elude him every year. I’d bring him back, but only for chump change. We can do better. Plus he was a Fangio special, and he’s gone now. 

That’s what I was thinking but I seen others say he’s going to get a bump in pay but most of those contracts above are more than I would pay for Lynch. 

1 hour ago, blkwdw13 said:

That’s what I was thinking but I seen others say he’s going to get a bump in pay but most of those contracts above are more than I would pay for Lynch. 

For the sake of comparison, Sam Acho is set to make $2.125M in 2019 and I’d guess that most would say he’s probably somewhat overpaid for that for what he brings. 

Acho 2016-2018: 36 games, 4 sacks, 2 PD, 2 FF, core ST player. 

Lynch 2016-2018: 27 games, 4 sacks, 1 PD, 0 FF, nominal if any ST value. 

I like Lynch, but he’s a better run defender than anything, and those guys making the minimum are readily available. If we’re spending real money there we need to aim higher. 

12 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I think you are off. I think he is going to replicate his 4 million dollars pretty easily coming off a productive season.

Low end 3/12

Higher End 3/15

Archived