NYJ Mock Offseason v 2.0

jetskid007

I have a hard time believing the Jets will go that heavy on Bell.  Mac has shied away from "poor character" players and Gase does not tolerate them either.  It is not even the sitting out a year that would be the issue, it is the issues Bell had off the field in the past.  Another issue is how much does he love football?  Gase want players that are 100% committed.  I also think Ferguson might now be off our board, but since it is not a domestic problem, maybe not. 

As far as addressing the OL, I love it.  Nothing helps a QB more than a good pass protecting OL.  Even Geno Smith looked good when he was comfortable in the pocket (Week 17 against Miami in 2014).

49 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Simple battery is not a domestic issue. Yes its a violent crime, but not a domestic issue. 

He probably got into a fight with someone (male) and either punched or threw something at them. 

Oh OK. I thought it was a domestic issue. Probably just bad info I got.

1 hour ago, xrade said:

I have a hard time believing the Jets will go that heavy on Bell.  Mac has shied away from "poor character" players and Gase does not tolerate them either.  It is not even the sitting out a year that would be the issue, it is the issues Bell had off the field in the past.  Another issue is how much does he love football?  Gase want players that are 100% committed.  I also think Ferguson might now be off our board, but since it is not a domestic problem, maybe not. 

As far as addressing the OL, I love it.  Nothing helps a QB more than a good pass protecting OL.  Even Geno Smith looked good when he was comfortable in the pocket (Week 17 against Miami in 2014).

This would be quite the contrary. Macc has taken one too many risks on too many poor character players (off the field that is). 

Personally, I’m not crazy about Bell. I’ll take him, but don’t think it’s end all be all. But both Macc and Gase are rumored to fancy him, there is a clear need for a player of his ilk, and most of all he is support for our greatest asset: Sam Darnold.

Everything I’ve ever heard and read about him is that his football character is impeccable- but I do worry if that will remain the case when he gets paid. 

1 hour ago, xrade said:

This would be quite the contrary. Macc has taken one too many risks on too many poor character players (off the field that is). 

Personally, I’m not crazy about Bell. I’ll take him, but don’t think it’s end all be all. But both Macc and Gase are rumored to fancy him, there is a clear need for a player of his ilk, and most of all he is support for our greatest asset: Sam Darnold.

Everything I’ve ever heard and read about him is that his football character is impeccable- but I do worry if that will remain the case when he gets paid. 

I like most of what you have,

• WR Adam Humphries, TB (25) – 4 years, $40 million - not worth $10 mill per year..
  • CB Justin Coleman, SEA (25) – 4 years, $36 million - I like him but we can't have 3 CB making $8 mill per, either keep Claiborne or sign Coleman, not both
  • DE Dante Fowler, LAR (24) – 3 years, $40 million - I think he can be had a little cheaper, I think a 4yr/ $30 mil closer to Michael Bennetts contract is more realistic
  • DE Robert Quinn, MIA (28) – 3 years, $25 million - a little high priced, he  compares close to Adrian Clayborn who only got 2 yr. $5 mil per

LOVE the signing of Bell and Paradise, would be ecstatic if we end up with both of those....

overall I like it.... good work

37 minutes ago, J_E_T_$ said:

I like most of what you have,

• WR Adam Humphries, TB (25) – 4 years, $40 million - not worth $10 mill per year..
  • CB Justin Coleman, SEA (25) – 4 years, $36 million - I like him but we can't have 3 CB making $8 mill per, either keep Claiborne or sign Coleman, not both
  • DE Dante Fowler, LAR (24) – 3 years, $40 million - I think he can be had a little cheaper, I think a 4yr/ $30 mil closer to Michael Bennetts contract is more realistic
  • DE Robert Quinn, MIA (28) – 3 years, $25 million - a little high priced, he  compares close to Adrian Clayborn who only got 2 yr. $5 mil per

LOVE the signing of Bell and Paradise, would be ecstatic if we end up with both of those....

overall I like it.... good work

Not sure you've been seeing what guys are getting in FA these days..... I don't think any of those prices are all that much higher than any of them are gonna get.  

On 2/16/2019 at 8:43 AM, rampantjet said:

Not sure you've been seeing what guys are getting in FA these days..... I don't think any of those prices are all that much higher than any of them are gonna get.  

That's the hardest thing for people to understand when making these mocks. Players are going to get overpaid. The one contract that I can see people scratching their head at is Fowler, but honestly I won't be surprised if his gross is even higher. His deal will likely be similar to Allen Robinson's in the sense it's a "1.5 year deal". Can get out of it year 2 if he's a total bust, but more likely serves as a 2 year audition to set up the potential for an extension in year 3.   

23 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

That's the hardest thing for people to understand when making these mocks. Players are going to get overpaid. The one contract that I can see people scratching their head at is Fowler, but honestly I won't be surprised if his gross is even higher. His deal will likely be similar to Allen Robinson's in the sense it's a "1.5 year deal". Can get out of it year 2 if he's a total bust, but more likely serves as a 2 year audition to set up the potential for an extension in year 3.   

Macc does a lot of "2 year deals" in reality. So this wouldn't be surprising to me. Issue is he might have to pony up more than that to get some of the guys we want.

Archived