Jump to content
.Buzz

Josh Lambo signed to extension

Recommended Posts

Happy to have him back.  Sounds like the terms are a bit on the steep side, but depends on how exactly it's structured i guess.  He's been money for us for the most part anyway...so that's fine.  Wouldn't really want to go back to the market and risk having a kicker you can't trust again.  That sucked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Happy to have him back.  Sounds like the terms are a bit on the steep side, but depends on how exactly it's structured i guess.  He's been money for us for the most part anyway...so that's fine.  Wouldn't really want to go back to the market and risk having a kicker you can't trust again.  That sucked.

a good reliable kicker is worth the weight in gold.  4 years 15.5 million is a pretty good deal.  Justin tucker got a 4 year 16.8 million a few years ago.  

FWIW the contract averages out to 3.875 Million a year which based on https://overthecap.com/position/kicker/ puts him tied for 7th in the league in terms of salary at the position. itsa a good deal IMO cuz i think lambo is arguebly a top 5 kicker at the least

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

a good reliable kicker is worth the weight in gold.  4 years 15.5 million is a pretty good deal.  Justin tucker got a 4 year 16.8 million a few years ago.  

FWIW the contract averages out to 3.875 Million a year which based on https://overthecap.com/position/kicker/ puts him tied for 7th in the league in terms of salary at the position. itsa a good deal IMO cuz i think lambo is arguebly a top 5 kicker at the least

I feel like Tucker is a bit special though.  He's a legit offensive weapon with the sort of range he brings to the table.

 

I'm expecting Lambo's deal to be loaded up such that it's easy enough to walk away from later, if he's not living up to the AAV in year's 3-4.  So it's not a big deal.  Though with an already tight cap situation, it just makes things that little bit tighter.  But again, depends on how it's structured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I feel like Tucker is a bit special though.  He's a legit offensive weapon with the sort of range he brings to the table.

 

I'm expecting Lambo's deal to be loaded up such that it's easy enough to walk away from later, if he's not living up to the AAV in year's 3-4.  So it's not a big deal.  Though with an already tight cap situation, it just makes things that little bit tighter.  But again, depends on how it's structured.

Tucker's range isnt much further then lambos.  Tucker has a career long 61 and lambo 57. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Tucker's range isnt much further then lambos.  Tucker has a career long 61 and lambo 57. 

I feel like just talking about singular "longest kick" doesn't really reflect things that accurately.  Tucker's longest might not be that much further than Lambo's, but Tucker is also consistently out there year after year hitting 40-50 and even 50+ yarders in a much higher volume than Lambo ever has.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I feel like just talking about singular "longest kick" doesn't really reflect things that accurately.  Tucker's longest might not be that much further than Lambo's, but Tucker is also consistently out there year after year hitting 40-50 and even 50+ yarders in a much higher volume than Lambo ever has.

maybe cuz his offense doesnt get him close enough for closer chances just like our team cant get the ball even to the edge of lambos range

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

maybe cuz his offense doesnt get him close enough for closer chances just like our team cant get the ball even to the edge of lambos range

I mean, maybe that's part of the equation...but i think it's really more just that the Ravens are pretty darn comfortable with Tucker at longer ranges than most kickers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×