O...B...J... IS A CLEVELAND BROWN

Horseunit

48 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

1. He hasn't recover form since injury. Prove me wrong on this.

2. It isnt a position of need with Baker as QB.

3. Getting him stops us getting 1-2 other players. I'd sooner draft a dt and cb with what it would cost to get him. 

I would much rather put that $$ to getting Dee Ford DE and have a top 3 pass rush (after drafting DT in the 1st round) in the NFL. WR does not even rank in my top 5 if my positions of need imo. I'd say DT, DE, OT, LB, CB, and TE are all bigger needs and we are already paying Jarvis so I think we just don't want that kind of $ going to 1 position 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

OBJ has never averaged under 165 targets per year. He had the Instagram picture with potential weed and coke in it. He has shown immaturity on and off of the field. He doesn't get along with Norman. I don't know if I have heard anything about targets or TDs or being a bad teammate but he has shown immaturity.

umm he has only hit 165 target one time in his career.

He had 124 this year finishing 18th in the league. In comparison Saquon Barkley was targeted 121 times.

11 minutes ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

I would much rather put that $$ to getting Dee Ford DE and have a top 3 pass rush (after drafting DT in the 1st round) in the NFL. WR does not even rank in my top 5 if my positions of need imo. I'd say DT, DE, OT, LB, CB, and TE are all bigger needs and we are already paying Jarvis so I think we just don't want that kind of $ going to 1 position 

It certainly isn't a priority, just like Hunt and the RB position but if there is an opportunity (I don't think there will be) you still look into it. Having a true #1 wouldn't mean 10-15 targets for him every game but it would mean we'd have better matchups all over the field on offense. I could see it adding a few points per game on average.

We aren't overhauling the whole defense, I don't think we are in need of 5 new starters.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

If he played 16 games each year he would have exceeded 165 targets, or was on pace to.

You sir are correct. I did not realize he only played 12 games this year. Looked into that and he missed the last 12 games due to a quad injury?

Correct me if I am wrong but hasn't he missed multiple training camps due to Hamstrings? Sounds like the kind of player Jarvis was preaching against in his famous contagious speech.

No matter how you want to lay it out Odell Beckham is a problem and I don't want him anywhere near this team because when that happens we are no longer a team. You can say whatever you want but there is clearly an issue and has been issues in New York or they wouldn't want to trade him. I strongly believe he is more worried about what is best for him than what is best for the team. I do not believe he is suddenly going to change is off the field life style either and parties the night before any game let alone a playoff game are a problem. Disagree with me all you want I don't care. I do not want him here. I do not think it will happen and I will express my displeasure if it does happen and then I will throw a giant FF I told you so party when it blows up and we are the next team trying to figure out how to rid ourselves of a star receiver and eat 20+ million in cap ala Antonio Brown.

2 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

I'm pretty sure I would be more than happy with three years of Antonio Brown before getting rid of him.

Depends on a) will it last 3 years? and b) will it cost us a 21 million dollar cap hit to do it?

If the cap hit is minimal then by all means use him and lose him just like the Patriots did with Randy Moss. I still wouldn't pay a 1st rounder let alone multiple for a player with those intentions or their even being the risk of it happening. You don't pay premium picks for players you don't believe will be long term solutions.

32 minutes ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

I'd agree, though I'm at the point where I'd consider not going after any big free agents. 

I want at best a medium contract sized contract. 

Also I'd love to tradeanother 4th for a solid player coming off contract.

3 hours ago, TheeRealDeal said:

You sir are correct. I did not realize he only played 12 games this year. Looked into that and he missed the last 12 games due to a quad injury?

Correct me if I am wrong but hasn't he missed multiple training camps due to Hamstrings? Sounds like the kind of player Jarvis was preaching against in his famous contagious speech.

No matter how you want to lay it out Odell Beckham is a problem and I don't want him anywhere near this team because when that happens we are no longer a team. You can say whatever you want but there is clearly an issue and has been issues in New York or they wouldn't want to trade him. I strongly believe he is more worried about what is best for him than what is best for the team. I do not believe he is suddenly going to change is off the field life style either and parties the night before any game let alone a playoff game are a problem. Disagree with me all you want I don't care. I do not want him here. I do not think it will happen and I will express my displeasure if it does happen and then I will throw a giant FF I told you so party when it blows up and we are the next team trying to figure out how to rid ourselves of a star receiver and eat 20+ million in cap ala Antonio Brown.

Yeah I don't think he will be traded unless the Giants are just going to try to tank and rebuild.

He has had injury concerns.

He is due 17 this year, 14.25 next year (2.75 guaranteed) and 15.75 year 3. 15 in year 4 and 5. He could be cut after this year with just the 2.75 cap hit but you wouldn't cut him.

I'm not mortgaging the future for him, if the price was right and it wouldn't be I'd consider it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

OBJ has never averaged under 165 targets per year. He had the Instagram picture with potential weed and coke in it. He has shown immaturity on and off of the field. He doesn't get along with Norman. I don't know if I have heard anything about targets or TDs or being a bad teammate but he has shown immaturity.

The stuff with Norman is nothing. You would want you players jawing at opposing players. 

His antics on the field aren’t the greatest but the are very similar to what Baker doesn’t. What is the immaturity of the field? The weed and coke instragram thing is all speculation. 

I could care less how many times he is targeted. He is one of the best playmakers in the league, damn right you should feed him the ball. Yeah in Cleveland he might not get as many targets but the targets he get will prolly have him in a better position to make a play compared to what he had in NY. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, buno67 said:

The stuff with Norman is nothing. You would want you players jawing at opposing players. 

His antics on the field aren’t the greatest but the are very similar to what Baker doesn’t. What is the immaturity of the field? The weed and coke instragram thing is all speculation. 

I could care less how many times he is targeted. He is one of the best playmakers in the league, damn right you should feed him the ball. Yeah in Cleveland he might not get as many targets but the targets he get will prolly have him in a better position to make a play compared to what he had in NY. 

I could care less about your opinion because you bring up some valid points.

What up bros. As speculation and fun only.

This is difficult, we as a fan base have been so used to losing and saying the words. "There's always next year". In this instance, the FO would be saying, we aren't developing multiple WRs annually, we are going to bring in talent that helps our current roster as a whole have success. Our offense is built to score heavily now. Why not bring in the last 1 huge piece to totally irritate DCs everywhere. Build your strength to Elite.

This would be mismatch heaven. Do teams stack the box against Chubb or Hunt? With just the base package, Freddie can manipulate defenses and allow Baker to become more efficient just by bringing in 1 guy. OBJ.  His ability to get open off the ball is ridiculous, letalone his catch radius and route running.  Not to mention how much attention he will get from the backend. DK Metcalf, Isabella or Harry won't do that....they will need developed. This is instant gratification. 

As for his cap numbers....the Browns currently have $79 mil, and are in GREAT position going forward resigning players thanks to Depodesta. Winning is the focus of this FO. As Hunt was brought here...Talent trumps all. Besides, restructuring contracts isn't out of the question when push comes to shove.

Even bringing the likes of OBJ, the Browns will have more than enough capital to bring in players like Grady Jarrett, Trey Flowers, Dee Ford or Brandon Graham on 3 year expendable contracts to soften the blow to Win now. Plus, whose to say this offense doesn't look attractive enough for Pass Rushers to want to come here to Win Now as the Browns will be able to score and allow Pass Rushers to do what they're best at.  Just look at Ford.....his numbers exploded this year....why? He had the opportunity to rush the passer 3x more than in normal years due to his offense going ham.

If you have the opportunity to make your offense Elite by bringing 1 player to that side of the ball when you have your QB. You do it. As to why the Patriots tried with Gordon and Moss. The Eagles and Dallas with TO. Talent brings Talent. Whether if it's a 1 year contract or a 5 year, players want success to beef up their abilities to get a better contract later. Being that the Browns are the 2nd youngest team in the NFL,  have $80 mil in available cap and have a great young QB on the cheap....utilize the available cash now before you can't. 

• Like 1