O...B...J... IS A CLEVELAND BROWN

Horseunit

20 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Thanks for commenting on this. I have said this on twitter a few times but not in here. The carry over effectively means we can front load contracts which helps us in the future but contracts can only be front loading to a certain perecentage. We can easily get ourselves in cap trouble real fast if we are not careful. With that in mind I just don't see us paying two WR's top dollar.

if only we still had sashi.... wasn't he our numbers guy :)

31 minutes ago, Horseunit said:

sounds like we are screwed now.  We have no numbers guy.

Prolly already has the guy replaced. It might be why they just now resigned their first player. Prolly filled the cap salary guy position first before talking contracts 

1 hour ago, Horseunit said:

if only we still had sashi.... wasn't he our numbers guy :)

We have the best numbers guy in the history of professional sports. Paul DePodesta. I’m sure we won’t get into to much cap trouble, just pointing out we probably can’t go crazy in Free agency like some might think

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

just pointing out we probably can’t go crazy in Free agency like some might think

Or that WR, or a hyper-OL are our the better ways to spend our draft and cap capital.

Sheesh!

Same stuff every year.

We need D: DL, LB and DB.

That's all, with good coaching, that is stopping us from taking the next step.

39 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

We have the best numbers guy in the history of professional sports. Paul DePodesta. I’m sure we won’t get into to much cap trouble, just pointing out we probably can’t go crazy in Free agency like some might think

I dont think we need to go crazy but I do think we need a viable starter or 2 from FA. Of the positions DT, DE, OT, LB, and 2nd CB I'd say we need to fill 2 of those positions in FA or trades and that's not including depth, just starters. 

On 2/25/2019 at 7:21 PM, hornbybrown said:

Thanks for commenting on this. I have said this on twitter a few times but not in here. The carry over effectively means we can front load contracts which helps us in the future but contracts can only be front loading to a certain perecentage. We can easily get ourselves in cap trouble real fast if we are not careful. With that in mind I just don't see us paying two WR's top dollar.

Yeah if we are going to pay top dollar for something I could see pass rusher, I would have a hard time seeing WR as we have already paid a WR top 5-10 money...

On 2/25/2019 at 7:34 PM, Kiwibrown said:

It would be interesting if we could nab some like Suggs or wake on a one  year deal, they fill a gap, our 4th de and get to ride off into the sunset on an ascending team and make bank. 

I think veteran players to hold over until we get the youth we need is something we could very well go after.  I don't know what Suggs would leave Baltimore, but I could see players like Ndomukong Suh or Brandon Graham as positions that would come to us for not horrendously long term deals and be very productive.

On 2/25/2019 at 9:37 PM, bruceb said:

Or that WR, or a hyper-OL are our the better ways to spend our draft and cap capital.

Sheesh!

Same stuff every year.

We need D: DL, LB and DB.

That's all, with good coaching, that is stopping us from taking the next step.

what? this is the first year when its been different.  we no longer need a QB

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mistakey said:

what? this is the first year when its been different.  we no longer need a QB

Its also the first year we  have ever had legit young stars at RB; Reuben Droughns, Jamal Lewis, Peyton Hillis we all average at best and we were hopping they would fill a need. It is the first time we have ever had a legit young secondary with Ward, Peppers and Randall all under 27 and lets be real Eric Wright and Joe Haden were never close to Denzel Ward. As far as the safeties we have never had a duo this good and this young. I don't think we have ever had a safety that would start over either of these two. Its the deepest WR corp we have ever had. We easily have the deepest offensive line we have ever had and the best interior line we have ever had. Overall unit may have been better in the Thomas/Steinbach days but we are currently deeper and far better inside. David Njoku is no Kellen Winslow but he is a fine starting TE. We have never had an elite pass rusher like Myles Garrett. Shaun Rodgers had one really good year but I still believe Larry Ogunjobi is going to be the better all around player. Joe Schobert may never be elite but I will argue to the death he is better than the most overrated Brown of all time D'Qwell Jackson. Genard Avery had a fine rookie season and Kirksey is only one year removed from a great season. As meh as our starting LBs seem to be it is still the deepest unit we have ever head.

In no way shape or form is 2019 just the same as every year. Just no.

1 hour ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Its also the first year we  have ever had legit young stars at RB; Reuben Droughns, .......

David Njoku is no Kellen Winslow but he is a fine starting TE.

Shaun Rodgers had one really good year but I still believe Larry Ogunjobi is going to be the better all around player.

In no way shape or form is 2019 just the same as every year. Just no.

LOL...I forgot about the Ruben Droughns.......and what about the Infamous...Lee Suggs....

Yep Njoku doesn't do impressions of Super Dave on a Motorcycle in a School Parking lot....

Larry ShOgunjobi.....I loved that pick we made in the 3rd round...he's the ultimate little Big Man.....he once weighed 355lbs...then dropped to 237lbs...now he's settled back at 305..so if he's a 305lbs man, who can move like a 237lb man but strong as a 355lb man....he is the ShOgunjobi....

Total-War-Shogun-2-007.jpg?width=300&qua

• Like 2