O...B...J... IS A CLEVELAND BROWN

Horseunit

I really don't care if we get OBJ or don't get him. Obviously I am on the side that doesn't believe we need him and his personality could be a bad one in short time. I would be excited if we landed him though. I just want to see the Browns do something that says F it we are making a Super Bowl run this year.

6 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I really don't care if we get OBJ or don't get him. Obviously I am on the side that doesn't believe we need him and his personality could be a bad one in short time. I would be excited if we landed him though. I just want to see the Browns do something that says F it we are making a Super Bowl run this year.

Exactly how I feel. We don't really need him, but he would most certainly improve our squad immensely and signify to the rest of the NFL that WE ARE HERE!

6 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Exactly how I feel. We don't really need him, but he would most certainly improve our squad immensely and signify to the rest of the NFL that WE ARE HERE!

Think they already know or fear that.

21 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

13 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I feel the same way, pretty neutral on the whole thing. It's just that the trade is imminent so we might as well all start actually supporting our team maybe!!? 

16 hours ago, buno67 said:

First. We aren’t talking about trading a tackle or center. It’s a right guard. Also it’s not like Zeit was just dominating fools and it helped Baker. Once Baker and freddie took over that’s when he started to look like the Cincy version.Right guard is the 2nd easiest line positikn right behind left guard. Guard positions might be easiest positions out of the 22offensive and defensive starters. LG is by far the easiest and RG might be 2nd or 3rd. So if we had to replace our RG. That’s a well worthy sacrifice. 

You preach this, it’s the best thing for a young QB but Baker rarely threw it to the RBs and baker hates throwing it shot. Rookie QBs or young QBs like to dump it off because they have trouble reading defenses and by the time they figure something out, it’s too late and need to dump it. Baker doesn’t have that issue. Love Duke but the dude is a trade asset. He isn’t untradeable.

actually the OBJ trade would put them into contention talks because the baker Freddie offense was a top tier offense last year. That offense would get even better. The goal wouldn’t be to make it to the playoffs, it be to make it to the 2nd week in the playoffs.  

1. I completely disagree with this first statement, Zietler and Bintonio were two of the best 5 OG's in passblocking last year. Freddie Kitchens changed up the offense to utalize a lot more quick throw's but when we had some of the more Long developing plays (J.L reverse handoff, double pitch passes, some of the Perriman and Calloway deep routes, when the edge protection broke down (mostly at RT), Baker had a pocket he could step UP into to avoid the rush, a lot of young QB's dont step twoards the rush, but with Baker being special, and TRUSTING one of the strongest interior Olines in the NFL, he has that option. Also before a couple of negative carries in the PItts game, our line helped a rookie rush for 1000 yards in 8-10 games so Zeitler has value.

I agree that OG's are some of the easiest to replace, but its NOT easy to replace an All Pro caliber player with another All Pro caliber player....now if you want to go with and Earl Watford, then cool and the gang. With developing tackles, I'd like to keep as many All Pro caliber players in front of our young QB, you may be cool with going with Earl Watford and an UDFA filling in for JC Tretter if he cant fight through a 2nd High Ankle sprain all season. I on the other had....do NOT feel comfortable with that plan.

We disagree on how often he threw to the backs (that 1 handed behind the back catch by Chubb for the TD was amazing), but I'm not preaching it, there are a TON of Brothers in here, Conventional Wisdom AND may long time NFL experts who all agree, a TE and a pass catching RB are nice safety valves for young QB's. Baker dose'nt hate throwing it short, he loves to throw to who's open....also I may be mistaken, but arent you one of the Brothers who wants to draft a TE high? Also a secondary thought, let me get this right...so your saying....so now that the NFL has a years worth of film on Baker and Dcoordinators have a year to prepare for him and take away what he likes...we should take away one of the avenues of easy throws for our 2ND YEAR QB? So you want to make it Harder for Baker....or do you prefer to with Dontrell Hillard to the University of Miami's all time Rusher? 

And I never EVER implied Duke is Untradeable....I am not in a rush to get rid of him.....hell if AZ wants to offer us #1 for Duke Johnson, then we trade him.....not just for the 6 pack of Tab that you seem to want to trade him for.

I dont think it OBJ puts any more into SB talks then the current configuration of the team. Its also funny how you say we already have a Top Tier offense last year..and that was WITHOUT OBJ....so using your words and applying logic, with our team now having a 2nd year in the offense, the oline having a 2nd year playing together and so MUCH of our offense being powered by rookies last year, maturity and continuity SHOULD improve our already "Top Tier Offense" as your putting it. Also what happens if we move heaven and earth and OBJ and tears a hamstring in the preseason? Also getting a Wr like OBJ for what it will cost, offenses needs to be built to incorporate that guy, which could impact the way Baker loves to spread the ball around.

I am not disputing what you are saying, I am just laying out the contrary case using logic from my research and years of observation.

Humbly Submitted DaWg_Lb.

1-Big-Trouble-in-Little-China-quotes.jpg

15 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

I feel the same way, pretty neutral on the whole thing. It's just that the trade is imminent so we might as well all start actually supporting our team maybe!!? 

Just like Antonio Brown to Buffalo.....that was imminent 12 hours ago....:D

Please dont lock our GM into a mis-allocatoin of team resources to sell tickets...

12 minutes ago, Horseunit said:

Just talked to a team that is convinced if someone makes the Giants the right offer, Beckham will be traded and Beckham has a very short list of where he wants to go.

— Michael Lombardi (@mlombardiNFL) March 12, 2019

Image result for yes yes yes gifImage result for yes yes yes gifImage result for yes yes yes gifImage result for yes yes yes gif

PLEASE just let these rumors die.  I really hope we're not dumb enough to do this...

I’d do it for a first and 2nd that’s it 

we got enough picks we can trade up from the second. 

Dorsey has shown he can find talent in the 2nd Chris Jones 

and we could recoup a second next year by trading down 

but that’s my end point 

8 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I’d do it for a first and 2nd that’s it 

we got enough picks we can trade up from the second. 

Dorsey has shown he can find talent in the 2nd Chris Jones 

and we could recoup a second next year by trading down 

but that’s my end point 

I'm not sure I would do it for the money is he being paid LET ALONE trading for draft picks...

Archived