Jimmy says no.

Kiwibrown

I don't think Haslam is in the wrong here. Nor do I think ESPN deserves to be trashed for this piece. The Cleveland.com article you posted even confirms the Obama anecdote that it references to show how Wickersham portrayed Haslam. 

I'm not saying I agree with everything ESPN does, but this is one thing that I honestly didn't have an issue with. If it was about any other team, I'd be loving it. Regardless, I appreciate having this sort of inside peak into just how ridiculous things once became. If anything, it confirms our beliefs that, yes, some members of the organization were actually as outrageous as we thought.

Haslam is as bad as these campus snowflakes who melt if they have to hear an opposing viewpoint. Let him take all his toys and go home. In the cesspool of hot takes and blowhards ESPN has become, that piece was actually compelling journalism. Hopefully another sponsor fills the void (and if not, hopefully they fire Stephen A or Bayless due to budget cuts).

48 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

Haslam is as bad as these campus snowflakes who melt if they have to hear an opposing viewpoint. Let him take all his toys and go home. In the cesspool of hot takes and blowhards ESPN has become, that piece was actually compelling journalism. Hopefully another sponsor fills the void (and if not, hopefully they fire Stephen A or Bayless due to budget cuts).

Skip has been gone a couple years. He is on Fox Sports1 now. Does a show with Shannon Sharpe which I have seen clips of that pertain to the Browns but don't watch otherwise because why would I?

It's for entertainment, I just don't find those shows entertaining because they have terrible takes. I was listening to Chris Broussard & Rob Parker tonight on my way home talk about how cops targeted them and pulled them over for no reason like for going too slow or having illegal lights on their car just because the color of their skin and that proves that Colin was right and cops are bad. Sure there are bad ones but if we take the few bad examples as the face of any group of people we are all terrible. I had to turn it off, just too agenda based.

10 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

It's for entertainment, I just don't find those shows entertaining because they have terrible takes. I was listening to Chris Broussard & Rob Parker tonight on my way home talk about how cops targeted them and pulled them over for no reason like for going too slow or having illegal lights on their car just because the color of their skin and that proves that Colin was right and cops are bad. Sure there are bad ones but if we take the few bad examples as the face of any group of people we are all terrible. I had to turn it off, just too agenda based.

I don’t care if they had good takes on those topics, that’s not what I tune into a sports program to hear.  

Like most other adults I have my political opinions and seek content related to news, politics, etc.  I know where to find it.  When I turned on ESPN I just wanted highlights and sports news.  They can keep the politics (whether I agree or not) and the teenie bopper “twitter beef” nonsense.

I turn on ESPN to see highlights, rumormille about personnel/pending trades and free agents, and 30 for 30 documentaries. When they talk about other stuff I turn the channel. I have my own opinions and am 10 times more informed and well read than those clowns considering I do this for a living 5 days a week. Show me more thunder dunks and montage related highlights and I’ll be happy.

They partnered up with the UFC, and now you have to pay to watch these fights.(ESPN plus)  You have people that know 0 (Stephen A) commenting on fights.  That sport will soon go by the wayside now that Dana White has cozy'd up with this unwatchable network.  I sure as hell am not paying them money to watch this stuff.

What I miss about ESPN is on Sundays they used to have extended highlights of NFL games. Show multiple plays per drive, if anything happened. Now you get a 30 second clip )if your one of the good games) and they bring in someone to talk for 5 minutes about the decision to go for it on 4th and 2 in the second quarter. Every game has a story and it writes itself and all you need is some extended highlights strung together. No one seems to do that anymore, not even NFL Network that has all of the time in the world to do shows that give that kind of video detail of the game.

40 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

What I miss about ESPN is on Sundays they used to have extended highlights of NFL games. Show multiple plays per drive, if anything happened. Now you get a 30 second clip )if your one of the good games) and they bring in someone to talk for 5 minutes about the decision to go for it on 4th and 2 in the second quarter. Every game has a story and it writes itself and all you need is some extended highlights strung together. No one seems to do that anymore, not even NFL Network that has all of the time in the world to do shows that give that kind of video detail of the game.

Yup, I miss that too. It's the same thing with halftime shows. I'd much rather watch extended highlights from other games rather than a few 5-10 second clips followed by listening to some talking heads.

44 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Yup, I miss that too. It's the same thing with halftime shows. I'd much rather watch extended highlights from other games rather than a few 5-10 second clips followed by listening to some talking heads.

They talk about people not football, Zeke is so good, Hopkins is great... yeah you told us nothing there... 

6 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I turn on ESPN to see highlights, rumormille about personnel/pending trades and free agents, and 30 for 30 documentaries. When they talk about other stuff I turn the channel. I have my own opinions and am 10 times more informed and well read than those clowns considering I do this for a living 5 days a week. Show me more thunder dunks and montage related highlights and I’ll be happy.

10 times! Bro you woke.

So who would be the 3-person ESPN studio from the Browns forum?

You need one person to be your rational moderator that keeps the conversation going and leads up to the highlights.  One to act outraged and overreact at every sports topic or opinion from the other two.  Then, you need someone who is a little bit in-between and gives the hot-take guy just enough to get fired up in a conversation. 

8 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

So who would be the 3-person ESPN studio from the Browns forum?

You need one person to be your rational moderator that keeps the conversation going and leads up to the highlights.  One to act outraged and overreact at every sports topic or opinion from the other two.  Then, you need someone who is a little bit in-between and gives the hot-take guy just enough to get fired up in a conversation. 

Hmmmm Reggie or Freaky to moderate. Stephen A. Buno and Bosko Cowherd in the middle category. Then the rest of us could fit in the latter category. Good idea for a GDT, give everyone (besides who we forget) a role in sports media that they are similar to. mtmike could be Jason Witten. EZ could be **** Enberg (they have at least one thing in common). Bruceb could be Doug Dieken. I would be Tony Romo because I'll always a step ahead of the rest of you. Ditch could be Steven Raible. Tayne would be Mary Kay Cabot. Nate would be Scott Van Pelt for no particular reason. LGB could be Dan Patrick because they have both been in an Adam Sandler movie. horny would be Tony Veitch because of their similar criminal record. Bonanza would be Mike Penner for obvious reasons. etc...

Archived