Who are the greatest never was' of the NFL?

Kiwibrown

14 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

You got 12 likes for this comment.    12.....For THAT comment.    Most of those likes clearly came from bots, like @ET80 and @Dome....clearly fake accounts with no real effort put into either of those screenames.   

Sickening.  

I’m pretty sure those are make up likes for all the wonderfully clever posts that get no love.

@LETSGOBROWNIES fraudulent like count aside, though.....several Bengals jumped into my head, including Chris Henry, Odell Thurman and David Pollack.

For the Steelers, Kendrell Bell was seemingly on his way to becoming a star before injuries hindered him.

Victor Cruz couldve potentially done alot more if not for his fragility.   

There are more, but I got lazy all of a sudden and I d

On 2/14/2019 at 3:20 AM, Bolts223 said:

Aaron Hernandez is an interesting case.

Not sure if he would have been an all time great or anything, but the combo of him and Gronk would have been absolutely nasty for years to come. Good chance that the Pats win more than just the 3 this decade if what happened didn't happen with him.

Personally, I think he would have had a great chance to be a HoF'er.  He would have had all the postseason success and he would have put up beastly numbers playing with Brady all these years.

12 hours ago, showtime said:

Personally, I think he would have had a great chance to be a HoF'er.  He would have had all the postseason success and he would have put up beastly numbers playing with Brady all these years.

There is a decent likelihood that the 2013 and 2015 seasons go differently if the Patriots had him especially 13 because Gronk was not available during those playoffs. He would have split numbers with Gronk but probably still would end up with 7k yards and 50 TDs if he played till now.

On 2/16/2019 at 10:01 AM, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

Unpopular opinion here but I disagree with the Sean Taylor talk. The guy had one great season. His hit on a punter in the pro bowl made him pretty famous and then after his death he was way over hyped. He was good but not best safety ever or HOF based on his career. 

True. A lot of this is based on the start to the season he had when he died. It looked like he had finally turned the corner and put it all together. Was in the running for DPOY before his death.

However, before that season he was definitely overrated.

From the Panthers, probably Dan Morgan and Jon Beason come to mind. Top 5 MLB's in their prime and both had their careers stolen due to injury. Morgan was a complete beast.

Also Deshaun Foster was a super talented RB. His talents really diminished after his ankle break in the playoffs. David Gettis looked like the future at WR before his ACL tear. 

Archived