Who are the greatest never was' of the NFL?

Kiwibrown

14 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Andy Katzenmoyer - Had he not had a neck injury, he could have been really good. He was 6'4 260, ran a 4.58 and hit like a ton of bricks

Here is an excerpt from an article on Ringer: https://www.theringer.com/2017/8/9/16119282/new-england-patriots-belichick-brady-2000-team

(Chris)Slade still remembers the time early in Belichick’s tenure when linebacker Andy Katzenmoyer slipped into a team meeting late. Another head coach might’ve cut the former Ohio State phenom and first-round draft pick some slack. Not Belichick. Journalist and sports radio host Michael Holley recounts the scene in his book War Room: The Legacy of Bill Belichick and the Art of Building the Perfect Team. “Katzenmoyer!” the coach is quoted as saying. “Who in the hell do you think you are? Get your *** outta here.”

“He called him out in front of the whole team,” Slade said. “Right then I knew things had changed.”

13 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

What about David Carr from the texans perspective?

Eh, kinda. Maybe. He's more of a bust than a never was. A lot of people are quick to play the "he got sacked too much" card, but if you really broke it down, you saw he had no pocket awareness, never looked off his first option every time he dropped back to pass, threw the ball with zero touch and - most importantly - didn't put in the work to improve on any of those flaws. 

It's not a coincidence that the Texans' offense suddenly jumped to respectable status from Carr to Matt Schaub, despite running with the same personnel between Carr's last season and Schaub's first season - Carr was physically superior to Schaub in every measurable way, but Schaub (yes, MATT SCHAUB...Mr. Pick Six) had a MUCH higher football IQ.

I would have loved to have seen what Justin Blackmon could have done if he wasn't a train wreck.

I would have liked to have seen David Pollack if he wouldn't have had that career ending neck injury.

KiJana Carter and his devastating knee injury.

On 2/14/2019 at 12:35 PM, x0x said:

Well I mean, it's quite obviously Bo Jackson and Sterling Sharpe.

But Priest Holmes finishes off his 4th all-pro season and has another after those 5 ridiculous seasons would've gotten him HoF and legend status.

I will always hate Shawne Merriman for that hit.

Priest is still in pain to this day, its sad.

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Even what of he came out of college circa 2018

He seems the obvious comparison for Kyler Murray and that made me think of him, would probably have gotten some more chances in the current format and at the very least would have been given a Taysom Hill like role in some teams scheme

Archived