Has Tom Brady has 3 different HOF Careers?

CP3MVP

14 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Tom Brady from 2001-2006 doesn’t have to be better Than Kurt Warner’s career to be a HOF QB. For the record I don’t believe Warner is a HOF, and Brady’s average passer rating in his first 3 superbowls is higher than Warner’s 3.

2001-2006 Tom Brady is better than HOF QBs Warren moon, Troy Aikman, Jim Kelly, Joe Namath Dan Fouts etc

No QB could have led that offense in 2002 and 2005, 2006 to score 380 pts

No QB could have scored 24 or more in playoff without a great deep threat.

No QB could have led winning drives in SB with that squad.

On 26/02/2019 at 5:05 AM, CP3MVP said:

Tom Brady from 2001-2006 doesn’t have to be better Than Kurt Warner’s career to be a HOF QB. For the record I don’t believe Warner is a HOF, and Brady’s average passer rating in his first 3 superbowls is higher than Warner’s 3.

2001-2006 Tom Brady is better than HOF QBs Warren moon, Troy Aikman, Jim Kelly, Joe Namath Dan Fouts etc

Whatever you want to believe there bud. No league MVPs means no HoF in such a short stint.

Young and Warner both had 2.

1 minute ago, x0x said:

Whatever you want to believe there bud. No league MVPs means no HoF in such a short stint.

Nah 3 Super Bowls is getting any QB in. Aikman played 12 years which isn’t a lot and he had less SB MVP’s, never led the league in a stat like Brady, never had an All Pro or an MVP. Not only did he get in, he got in first ballot.  

Brady was a 2x SB MVP (more than Aikman), 2nd Team All Pro, led the league in yards and TD’s during that run to add onto the 3 Super Bowls Aikman had. Brady would have retired as a top 4 Super Bowl QB all time at that point. 

Theres a zero percent chance he doesn’t get in. 

2 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Nah 3 Super Bowls is getting any QB in. Aikman played 12 years which isn’t a lot and he had less SB MVP’s, never led the league in a stat like Brady, never had an All Pro or an MVP. Not only did he get in, he got in first ballot.  

Brady was a 2x SB MVP (more than Aikman), 2nd Team All Pro, led the league in yards and TD’s during that run to add onto the 3 Super Bowls Aikman had. Brady would have retired as a top 4 Super Bowl QB all time at that point. 

Theres a zero percent chance he doesn’t get in. 

We're talking 6 seasons. Not 12 like Aikman. And only 3 Pro Bowls. I also suspect in a scenario where Brady goes away in 2007 and Matt Cassell comes in, Belichick gets more credit for shaping the team than Brady.

Jim Plunkett is still waiting.

Joe Theisman got 0 consideration. 

Could Brady somehow sneak in? Sure but definitely not 1st ballot.

4 hours ago, x0x said:

We're talking 6 seasons. Not 12 like Aikman. And only 3 Pro Bowls. I also suspect in a scenario where Brady goes away in 2007 and Matt Cassell comes in, Belichick gets more credit for shaping the team than Brady.

mvp

td record

playoff success

4SB appearances

2SB mvps

1st ballot if you ask me. 2007 season was historic.   it was one of the greatest single season ever.  if that never happened, then yes.  2nd or 3rd ballot.  but 16-0 happened.  50tds happened.    it's about the quality not quantity.  

On 2/14/2019 at 7:18 AM, CP3MVP said:

2001-2006

3 Time Super Bowl champion/2X SBMVP/3X Top 5 mvp finish/Nfl passing touchdown leader in 2002 and passing yardage leader in 2005

2007-2013

2 Time NFL MVP(one unanimous) 2 Super Bowl appearances, 2X 1st team all pro, 16-0 regular season 

2014-Present

2017 NFL MVP, 3 Time SB Champion(4 appearances), 2X SB MVP, 1st Team All Pro

None of those time frames constitute a HoF career on their own. Each one is too short, and especially 01-06', since he more or less was Troy Aikman who was a good QB on a fantastic team. I would say that 01'06' was by far the least impressive of the three time frames, with the other two being extremely close. 

On 2/26/2019 at 8:02 PM, William Lee said:

No QB could have led that offense in 2002 and 2005, 2006 to score 380 pts

Well Brady didn't do that either, so it's sort of a moot point. I can't imagine that there aren't other QB's that could have beaten Brady's offenses averaging 22.1 PPG over that time period. That's not even the least bit impressive. 

No QB could have led winning drives in SB with that squad.

Nobody else could have lead a couple of FG drives? Nobody else could make it to the 30 yard line and let the kicker do the rest?

No QB could have scored 24 or more in playoff without a great deep threat.

That's just not true. 

6 hours ago, C0LTSFAN4L1F3 said:

None of those time frames constitute a HoF career on their own. Each one is too short, and especially 01-06', since he more or less was Troy Aikman who was a good QB on a fantastic team. I would say that 01'06' was by far the least impressive of the three time frames, with the other two being extremely close. 

All 3 frames are better or comparable careers than QBs who are HOF.

16 hours ago, x0x said:

Whatever you want to believe bud there is  no way a 3 time super bowl champion(2X SB Mvp) is not being elected to the HOF

10 hours ago, C0LTSFAN4L1F3 said:

Aikman got in first ballot. He lacked the All Pro, TD leading season, yards leading season, that Brady had on his resume 

19 hours ago, x0x said:

I’m not arguing for First Ballot. I’m saying Aikman got in with a few more seasons despite nowhere near the individual season accolades Brady proved he could get.. 

Plunkett has a sub 70 passer ratings and negative TD-INT ratio. He also lacks the extra Super Bowl Brady had.  

Theisman only had 1 SB to Brady’s 3. In a much longer career he had less pro Bowls than Brady had at that point. I’d almost argue the extra longevity hurt Theismann because it became clear how 1983 MVP season was an anomaly. But again it’s 1 Super Bowl vs 3 

6 minutes ago, C0LTSFAN4L1F3 said:

Brady wasn't all-pro during the period in question either. And Aikman played for 12 years, not 6. 

Brady was a 2nd Team All Pro in 2005. Aikman never was. 

Brady led the league in TD’s in 2002. Aikman never did.

Brady led the league in yards in 2005. Aikman never did. 

Brady had 2 Super MVP’s to Aikman’s 1. 

Brady also led his team to breaking the consecutive wins streak during that period and had a playoff record of 12-2 at the time. That’s better than Aikman’s career playoff record of 11-4. In fact at the time that would have placed Brady top 5 all time in playoff wins and 4 behind the all time leader. 

And I can’t stress enough, Aikman didn’t just get in. He got in first ballot.  

Brady had a better resume than a guy they just have first ballot to.

Brady was way too successful at that point compared to others at his position to not get in. Maybe longevity makes him wait a bit. But he was already surefire. Super Bowls matter a lot to HOF voters when it comes to QB’s. Only one in history has multiple SB’s (less than Brady did) and didn’t get in, and it was because he was downright atrocious. 

Archived