Has Tom Brady has 3 different HOF Careers?

CP3MVP

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I had my chance with YOUR 2017 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION HOUSTON ASTROS, but didn't take it.

My wife, unbeknownst to me, in 2016 had an online shopping cart full of "2016 Cleveland Indians World Series Champs" gear for me and had Christmas totally crossed off the list. Here we are, 3 years later.

Perhaps it's for the best.

You're the main moderator on this entire forum, although I actually just handed out a warning about a future warning in the Browns forum. I was very serious, too!!!!!!

Obligatory topic based post - yes. Tom Brady is going to retire as the greatest football player to ever live. (Trevor Lawrence will one day take that mantle, but that's another topic for another time). Any individual era of Brady would be good enough for consideration, but all three eras solidify him as the GOAT of GOATs.

giphy.gif

Jerry Rice is my "pulled pork sandwich".

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

My wife, unbeknownst to me, in 2016 had an online shopping cart full of "2016 Cleveland Indians World Series Champs" gear for me and had Christmas totally crossed off the list. Here we are, 3 years later.

Oh, I ran to my local Academy and basically unloaded an entire paycheck the minute Yuli got that final out. It was a madhouse - but got shirts, hats and a jersey for the family. 

Side note - that Indians team scared the living hell out of me that year, they played the Astros well every game. 

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

You're the main moderator on this entire forum, although I actually just handed out a warning about a future warning in the Browns forum. I was very serious, too!!!!!!

Hey @pwny, they think I'm you.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Jerry Rice is my "pulled pork sandwich".

Don't get me wrong, Rice is very much nachos in my world, too. At the least, it's a 1a/1b situation.

9 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Think about it

2001-2006

3 Time Super Bowl champion/2X SBMVP/3X Top 5 mvp finish/Nfl passing touchdown leader in 2002 and passing yardage leader in 2005

2007-2013

2 Time NFL MVP(one unanimous) 2 Super Bowl appearances, 2X 1st team all pro, 16-0 regular season 

2014-Present

2017 NFL MVP, 3 Time SB Champion(4 appearances), 2X SB MVP, 1st Team All Pro

i believe i mentioned this in the comparison forum.   and answer is absolutely.  

but i think it's more like if brady wants to be in the 1 ballot. 

2001 - 2007

TD record to remove the 'game manager' tag.  

2008 - 2014 

1st unanimous mvp, 39td season, and comeback SB win

2015 - current

mvp, 28-3,  505yard in the SB, 3 straight SB appearances

that's how i would break down brady's 3 HOF career.   

1 hour ago, Wolverine_Joe said:

TD record to remove the 'game manager' tag.    

Tom Brady was NEVER a game manager.

Some fans watch football for m@stxxb@t10n and love to tag a QB whose plays don't make them high as a game manager.

I agree OP post that Brady has had 3 different HOF careers.

BTW,  during which period did Brady have the best weapons? 2007 to 2012;  during which period did Brady play the worst in playoff? 2007 - 2012.

This should tell fans with brains that the philosophy of an offense plays key role in winning in playoff. It is like two boxers, one boxer wins by force, the other wins by hitting the noses and throats of his opponents. A QB who plays like the second boxer gives you better chance in playoff.

2018 was a breakout year for offense due to the change of rule, just like 2004 season. Don't expect the similar offenses for 2019 season.

11 minutes ago, William Lee said:

Tom Brady was NEVER a game manager.

Some fans watch football for m@stxxb@t10n and love to tag a QB whose plays don't make them high as a game manager.

I agree OP post that Brady has had 3 different HOF careers.

BTW,  during which period did Brady have the best weapons? 2007 to 2012;  during which period did Brady play the worst in playoff? 2007 - 2012.

This should tell fans that the philosophy of an offense plays key role in playoff. It is like two boxers, one boxer wins by force, the other wins by hitting the noses and throats of his opponents. A QB who plays like the second boxer gives you better chance in playoff.

2018 was a breakout year for offense due to the change of rule, just like 2004 season. Don't expect the similar offenses for 2019 season.

of course he wasn't. but naysayers were using that word a lot first 2-3 seasons of brady's career.  and even after 3 rings, some were still calling him a game manager.  2007 is precisely when brady took that tag off completely.    

i was right here when many people called brady a game manager.  i was the first one to call brady as the GOAT here. right after 2007 season.  a true story. 

8 minutes ago, Wolverine_Joe said:

of course he wasn't. but naysayers were using that word a lot first 2-3 seasons of brady's career.  and even after 3 rings, some were still calling him a game manager.  2007 is precisely when brady took that tag off completely.    

i was right here when many people called brady a game manager.  i was the first one to call brady as the GOAT here. right after 2007 season.  a true story. 

You are not one of those xxx. Sorry for misunderstanding.

back to original question - i wonder if brady had a 3 HOF career and working on his 4th. 

2001- 2005 - is this Brady a HOFer?   maybe 2nd or 3rd ballot?  

2007 - 2011 -  this to me is a 1st ballot. 

2012 - 2016 - 2SB comeback Ws.  2nd ballot maybe?  

2017 - current - now this gets interesting.  2SB appearances, 1 mvp, and being the oldest QB playing at a high level. 

am i reaching?

39 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Tom Brady cheated!

How did the ball boy doctor the balls before he got the needle?

Wells report used the frequent text messages between Brady and the ball boy AFTER AFCCG as a proof that Brady had something to hide. Do you see something wrong in it?

What is wrong in it is that they couldn't find a single text message between Brady and the ball boy BEFORE AFCCG.

Do you believe that Brady was so stupid that he avoided contact with the ball boy BEFORE he was exposed but was not afraid at all AFTER being exposed?

Anyone with common sense knows that Wells was NOT an independent investigator,  rather like a prosecutor. So take this chance to learn how to use that thing on your shoulders, don't just feed on what is put on the plates in front of you.

Go find out what Wells should put in his report but didn't. A fool's logic is "This is true because this is what I want to hear.".

BTW, about "deflator", ever heard a fat boy was called like a balloon? it would be very unusual an ordinary person called himself a "deflator", but the ball boy's job was deflating and inflating footballs.

Ummm what 

13 minutes ago, William Lee said:

How did the ball boy doctor the balls before he got the needle?

Wells report used the frequent text messages between Brady and the ball boy AFTER AFCCG as a proof that Brady had something to hide. Do you see something wrong in it?

What is wrong in it is that they couldn't find a single text message between Brady and the ball boy BEFORE AFCCG.

Do you believe that Brady was so stupid that he avoided contact with the ball boy BEFORE he was exposed but was not afraid at all AFTER being exposed?

Anyone with common sense knows that Wells was NOT an independent investigator,  rather like a prosecutor. So take this chance to learn how to use that thing on your shoulders, don't just feed on what is put on the plates in front of you.

Go find out what Wells should put in his report but didn't. A fool's logic is "This is true because this is what I want to hear.".

BTW, about "deflator", ever heard a fat boy was called like a balloon? it would be very unusual an ordinary person called himself a "deflator", but the ball boy's job was deflating and inflating footballs.

Ummm what?

12 hours ago, Danger said:

If only we had a place where all of the Patriots threads could be put together so that we can all bask in there greatness in one spot. 

I love these threads for two reasons. 

1.  Because I’m a Patriots fan. 

2.  Because I love reading the posts of other fans. 

Believe it or not, there is a fan base even worse than the Patriots’.  I belong to a hockey forum and it is absolutely overrun with fans of one particular team who love to crow all day and all night about how amazing their team is - and especially how good they’re going to be. 

The thing that makes these fans so insufferable, is that this once-proud Original Six team hasn’t won the Stanley Cup in over FIFTY (50) years!  It’s comical, and I feel bad for them. They haven’t even been to the Finals since 1967!!!

Anyways, as bad as we Patriots fans can be, (and we enjoy being insufferable), at least the Patriots win. Imagine how awful it would be having to deal with us if the Pats weren’t winning.  I like you guys far too much to subject you all to that, so I’ll continue to pray for the Patriots to keep winning. 

As for the OP... I don’t know about three HOF careers. Each phase seems to lack “something.”  The whole is most definitely greater than the sum of its parts. 

Archived