Total Control Mock Draft.

DTMW78

1 hour ago, Danand said:

His first season was good, then he had two seasons missed with injuries, came back this year as a good blocker and versatile as both a tight end and fullback. He could be brought back at a modest contract, still only 24, but the upside is gone. Reliable but not a playmaker.

Is Boyle a similar type of player?

I take it Hurst is the main pass catching TE? 

49 minutes ago, DTMW78 said:

Is Boyle a similar type of player?

I take it Hurst is the main pass catching TE? 

Boyle is the best in-line blocking TE on the roster. Williams isn’t as good in-line but does well blocking in a H-back role. He’s the second best blocker of our TE group.

Mark Andrews is the main pass catching TE, both he and Hurst were rookie TEs this year, but Andrews finished with over 500 receiving yards while all the other TEs (including Hurst) finished around 150 yards receiving.

you could line them up like this:

Boyle - best and primary blocker - can handle ends and defensive tackles

Andrews - big slot TE and mostly a receiver

Hurst - All-round tight end with receiving upside

Williams - Versatile with limited playmaking upside, can line up as an H-back, inline blocker and in the slot. 

Its difficult to say how much that versatility and special teams ability is worth contract wise.

Hope you don't mind me jumping on this but I figure we are looking for the same info as I have been appointed gm on a mock as well. I have been offered Center Nick Martin or Gaurd Garza from the Broncos for John Brown. Do either of those OL fit Baltimore's style OL? I also inquired about Devin Booker but he want me to give up CJ Mosley whom I loved coming out. Any input would be appreciated 

5 hours ago, Danand said:

you could line them up like this:

Boyle - best and primary blocker - can handle ends and defensive tackles

Andrews - big slot TE and mostly a receiver

Hurst - All-round tight end with receiving upside

Williams - Versatile with limited playmaking upside, can line up as an H-back, inline blocker and in the slot. 

Its difficult to say how much that versatility and special teams ability is worth contract wise.

I would add that Boyle is quite good as an outlet receiver in short routes.  While his 40 time was not impressive, he had the best 20- and 60-yard shuttle times in his combine (2015) by a wide margin, indicative of his short-area agility and ability to move and find soft spots underneath.

5 hours ago, vikes635 said:

Hope you don't mind me jumping on this but I figure we are looking for the same info as I have been appointed gm on a mock as well. I have been offered Center Nick Martin or Gaurd Garza from the Broncos for John Brown. Do either of those OL fit Baltimore's style OL? I also inquired about Devin Booker but he want me to give up CJ Mosley whom I loved coming out. Any input would be appreciated 

5 hours ago, vikes635 said:

I'm also in talks with detriot to get Ansah, I was thinking of offering Maxx Williams and a pick. any thoughts?

Not sure how you’re able to trade players that aren’t under contract (sign and trade?) but I wouldn’t want to target Booker. We already have enough solid RB talent with Gus Edwards, Kenneth Dixon, and Alex Collins. If anything unless we’re talking an elite NFL back/prospect, there’s really no point of injecting the talent into our backfield.

Similar concept for the OL (and most positions on the team for that matter) we have enough depth options already with James Hurst, Bradley Bozeman, and Matt Skura. The situation doesn’t need more average to below average starters injected to it. Nick Martin is in a similar talent sphere as Skura IMO so I wouldn’t trade for him. Teams don’t usually want to trade their high caliber OL talent.

Now Matt Paradis would be a primary target as a UFA and I would choose him over CJ Mosley. Spend the money to upgrade the middle of that OL, someone that has plenty of experience making the line calls and assisting Lamar in that front. Then we could focus our draft efforts on going largely BPA as center is probably our only glaring need and even with that Skura is average to below average, just is very upgradeable.

And with Ansah, wouldn’t be against it but he’s a very inconsistent player. I’d probably lean on the side of allowing our current crop of young pass rushers a chance to develop.

Considering it’s a fantasy mock, if LeVeon Bell is a FA than I might be willing to offer him some money as he’s a proven playmaker and upgrade over our current RB situation. Also a safety like Earl Thomas would be someone I would consider as well. But FTMP average depth players wouldn’t really upgrade this roster.

1 minute ago, diamondbull424 said:

Not sure how you’re able to trade players that aren’t under contract (sign and trade?) but I wouldn’t want to target Booker. We already have enough solid RB talent with Gus Edwards, Kenneth Dixon, and Alex Collins. If anything unless we’re talking an elite NFL back/prospect, there’s really no point of injecting the talent into our backfield.

Similar concept for the OL (and most positions on the team for that matter) we have enough depth options already with James Hurst, Bradley Bozeman, and Matt Skura. The situation doesn’t need more average to below average starters injected to it. Nick Martin is in a similar talent sphere as Skura IMO so I wouldn’t trade for him. Teams don’t usually want to trade their high caliber OL talent.

Now Matt Paradis would be a primary target as a UFA and I would choose him over CJ Mosley. Spend the money to upgrade the middle of that OL, someone that has plenty of experience making the line calls and assisting Lamar in that front. Then we could focus our draft efforts on going largely BPA as center is probably our only glaring need and even with that Skura is average to below average, just is very upgradeable.

Regarding backs. I wouldn’t mind adding a guy in the draft who is completely different profile wise than those three. Either a shifty gadget guy or someone with sprinter-like speed (I.e. Ty Johnson). 

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

And with Ansah, wouldn’t be against it but he’s a very inconsistent player. I’d probably lean on the side of allowing our current crop of young pass rushers a chance to develop.

Considering it’s a fantasy mock, if LeVeon Bell is a FA than I might be willing to offer him some money as he’s a proven playmaker and upgrade over our current RB situation. Also a safety like Earl Thomas would be someone I would consider as well. But FTMP average depth players wouldn’t really upgrade this roster.

Yeah in this mock there is no FA signing, All FA's return to previous teams. I would have to trade for Bell which I think the price is to high. Thank You for your insite on Booker. I was high on Booker when he came into the league and felt he was young enough to still be the guy I expected. I don't feel any current RB's on this team have feature back potential which is what I'm trying to land. OL I'm lost so thank you on that as well

How do you guys feel about the linebackers if C.J Mosley walks in f.a ?

With your cap space that could be a real possibility. Who takes over if he leaves?

If you have a choice between Mosley and Smith, who do you keep and why?

1 hour ago, DTMW78 said:

How do you guys feel about the linebackers if C.J Mosley walks in f.a ?

With your cap space that could be a real possibility. Who takes over if he leaves?

If you have a choice between Mosley and Smith, who do you keep and why?

I´d put it this way, we would have an option or two if Mosley leaves, we don´t have a player who does/can do the same as Smith if he leaves. I am in the keep Smith camp, but I would prefer to keep them both.

I am getting allot of interest for John Brown, if you had to pick a draft pick value on him what would it be? I got a shot at getting TJ Land whom I think would be a good fit on the O-Line but he wants more than Brown and Collins suggestions I what I could throw in with it?

Archived