Jump to content
DTMW78

Total Control Mock Draft.

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, vikes635 said:

I am getting allot of interest for John Brown, if you had to pick a draft pick value on him what would it be? I got a shot at getting TJ Land whom I think would be a good fit on the O-Line but he wants more than Brown and Collins suggestions I what I could throw in with it?

I'd probably value Brown at about a 4th-5th round pick

As for TJ Lang, that would depend on whether your mock takes salary cap into account - $11m for a very good, if somewhat injury prone guard is a lot to pay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, drd23 said:

I wouldn't feel a strong need to re-sign either tbh

So you have guys who are ready to step in and replace them? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DTMW78 said:

So you have guys who are ready to step in and replace them? 

Both Onwuasor and Young flashed the ability to be every down linebackers during the season, so they could potentially replace Mosley (I think they'd be worse run stoppers but better in coverage than either of them paired with CJ).

As for Smith, a combination of Judon/Williams/Bowser would likely absorb his outside pass rushing snaps, and his interior rushing snaps would largely go to Willie Henry i'd think.  With that said, a really good interior pass rusher would still be one of the team's bigger needs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, drd23 said:

Both Onwuasor and Young flashed the ability to be every down linebackers during the season, so they could potentially replace Mosley (I think they'd be worse run stoppers but better in coverage than either of them paired with CJ).

As for Smith, a combination of Judon/Williams/Bowser would likely absorb his outside pass rushing snaps, and his interior rushing snaps would largely go to Willie Henry i'd think.  With that said, a really good interior pass rusher would still be one of the team's bigger needs

If you let Smith walk do you bring back Suggs and have him just rush the passer?

Also where do you put the money you save from Smith and Mosley?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DTMW78 said:

If you let Smith walk do you bring back Suggs and have him just rush the passer?

Also where do you put the money you save from Smith and Mosley?

I think Suggs is a very important player to bring back.   Especially if both Weddle and Mosley leaves, as Suggs will still be the heart and soul of the defense. Unless the contracts go way out of hand in that mock, which they used to do, I would focus on 1-2 really good players. Ravens have a high floor but low ceiling. On defense we are pretty solid, but the dline could use a designated pass rusher.

On offense we need a spark - a homerun hitter. The longest play we had on the ground last year was a 30 yard run or so.                                      

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Three picks away until I pick, All free agents from the team automatically got resigned. I traded away J. Brown, and  M. Pierce.

 

I acquired D. Booker rb, R. Garza OL, D. Stewart S, and some draft picks. 

 

Notable prospects available All RB's,    All WR's except Metcalf, All Safties, Edge is slim pickens at this point but Joe Jackson, Brian Burns are both still there, as far as Ol Ford, Risner, Jonah and J. Taylor are all gone.

Any advice as to what fits your team better? I am leaning towards Deionte Thompson?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have Thompson way behind a lot of others on my board. I would prefer an oline like Ford, Bradbury or risner. Adderley at safety would be nice as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I grabbed D. Thompson in the first, currently looking at some edge rushers in the 3rd, I have 2 third round picks 1 via trading away Michael Pierce. Any thoughts on who to Target? Currently thinking Brian Burns and best wr available

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys im gonna do a mock and nobody knows their team better than their fans own fans who watch all the games and oay attention to all the players, off season news, needs, etc. Can you guys shoot me a list of the Top 5 draft prospects you would want with your 1st and 2nd Round picks? Or at least 1st Round. Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, vikes635 said:

I grabbed D. Thompson in the first, currently looking at some edge rushers in the 3rd, I have 2 third round picks 1 via trading away Michael Pierce. Any thoughts on who to Target? Currently thinking Brian Burns and best wr available

Drafting a soft AF safety with average range in Deionte Thompson in the 1st round and trading away Michael Pierce for what I can only assume is a third??

There is no way to salvage this mock, so no, there is no advice to give.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Drafting a soft AF safety with average range in Deionte Thompson in the 1st round and trading away Michael Pierce for what I can only assume is a third??

There is no way to salvage this mock, so no, there is no advice to give.

I pretty much agree with this. It is fair to ask for input and then choose otherwise, but the overall look of the priorities is close to the complete opposite of what this board said/gave of advice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2019 at 11:51 AM, Danand said:

I pretty much agree with this. It is fair to ask for input and then choose otherwise, but the overall look of the priorities is close to the complete opposite of what this board said/gave of advice.

Yeah sorry I went Thompson over adderly but I do believe he has the skillset to be a really good safety, I do question his instincts but at the same time believed he might have been hesitant to react due to over thinking the defensive scheme the second half of the year. The O-Line suggested had been taken already and I didn't want to reach on one I had graded a second rounder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, vikes635 said:

Yeah sorry I went Thompson over adderly but I do believe he has the skillset to be a really good safety, I do question his instincts but at the same time believed he might have been hesitant to react due to over thinking the defensive scheme the second half of the year. The O-Line suggested had been taken already and I didn't want to reach on one I had graded a second rounder

It is you who are the GM, you should do exactly what you think is best. Unfortunately for you, several of the choices you made are very much the opposite of what people on this board feels and thinks should be done, which might cool the desire to provide input for what you should do next.

If I was in control of the Ravens in a GM mock, I would have half this board on my *** for my priorities, thats just the way it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×