NFC North Rivals 2019 Talk

dll2000

• 2 weeks later...

Packers fans want no part of Antonio Brown.  I get it, he would eat up their cap and is crazy.

But Rodgers is what 35 or so?  Not every QB is good until 40.  You can't expect that of every player just because some are doing it lately.

Brown makes them much more scary offensively next year.  Brown and Adams versus whatever they think they have now is much, much different look.

Then you add high draft picks to that and ypu may have something for next couple of years.  You can probably get Brown for a 2nd or even 3rd as Steelers aren't keeping him. Only competiton may be the 49ers who may not want him. 

I hope they don't get him.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Packers fans want no part of Antonio Brown.  I get it, he would eat up their cap and is crazy.

But Rodgers is what 35 or so?  Not every QB is good until 40.  You can't expect that of every player just because some are doing it lately.

Brown makes them much more scary offensively next year.  Brown and Adams versus whatever they think they have now is much, much different look.

Then you add high draft picks to that and ypu may have something for next couple of years.  You can probably get Brown for a 2nd or even 3rd as Steelers aren't keeping him. Only competiton may be the 49ers who may not want him. 

It seems like a good fit and bad news

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I would hope so too but they seem to be ready to part ways with Randall Cobb so they would be in the market for another WR and they were after ARob last year as well.

What would concern me as a Bears fan is all GB would be doing is picking up his salary which averages about $12 mil per year through 2021 and a 2019 $2.5 mil roster bonus.  They have plenty of 2019 cap to afford him and he gives Rodgers the kind of tool that could bring them back to challenging for one more championship before his career may be on the wane.

So not a NFCN rival, but NFC rival news.

D. Lawerence got tagged which is not surprising.  What I didn't know is DL needs shoulder surgery.  Rumor is he is going to postpone surgery until a deal is done or wait and sign tag and then have surgery later.  Rehabbing during or into the season while still getting paid under the tag.  

Not sure if there is something in CBA which prohibits this tactic. 

Cowboys want him at 100% for 2019 they better move fast or demand he get his surgery somehow.  Of course waiting on surgery hurts his value to other teams should Cowboys suddenly remove the tag so it could bite him in the ***.

Interesting moves ahead by both parties.  

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

Is there any chance we can discuss the Matt LaFleur hiring now? 

I think the guy is about to be swallowed whole by Rodgers...young innovative offensive minds should be paired with young talented QBs...not someone who will have more say on this offence than he will.

• Like 1