Jump to content
dll2000

NFC North Rivals 2019 Talk

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, soulman said:

Tough to call it just yet but you have to wonder about the wisdom of having a CEO whose going over his GM's head to hire a HC AND won't hire coaches his HC badly wants to have or keep.  And I don't buy Murphy's bit that it was all up to LaFleur anymore than I believe John Fox was ever Ryan Pace's first choice for HC after he was hired.

Not only does this remind me of how we ended up with Emery/Trestman over maybe hiring Toub or Arians and keeping Marinelli as DC and Emery also insisting on replacing him with Mel Tucker but it also harkens back to when Mikey was in charge and he announced hiring Dave McGinnis before they had agreed on a contract and the level of McGinnis' authority over hiring his staff.  That McCaskey was notoriously cheap about coaching hires.

Thank God we no longer have that problem and it's showing up in the W/L column.  Not only do we have one of the better rosters in the NFL but we also have one of the best coaching staffs.

I glossed over the part where Murphy hired LaFluer.  That is big.  

They claim it was unanimous.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 opening in a NFL North Fantasy football league.  Mix of owners from the NFC North team forums.  

League is on ESPN.   Currently looking at some league modifications (number of keepers, roster size, etc. 

10 team league.  Rosters 18 with 10 keepers (potential rule modification to increase keepers and roster size) + 2 IR spots

SCORING 
Scoring is as follows: standard scoring with the exception of: 

Offense: 
6pt passing TD 
-3 INT 
.75 PPR 

Defense: 
1 pt fumble forced (from 0) 
1 pt fumbled recovered (from 2) 
3 pt Interception (from 2) 

 

Let me know if you have questions or are interested.

Open team current roster below.  Team finished 3-10 (partly due to inactive owner).  Has 1st pick in all rounds of upcoming draft

QB:  Brees, Carr

RB:  Gurley, Devonta Freeman, Royce Freeman, Lamar Miller, Blount

WR:  Marvin Jones, Funchess, Fitzgerald, Garcon, Dez Bryant, James Washington, Amendola

TE:  Reed, Graham, Uzomah

Def:  Philly, NYJ

Edited by squire12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I glossed over the part where Murphy hired LaFluer.  That is big.  

They claim it was unanimous.  

How unanimous was lowballing La Fleur's pick for ST Coordinator?  9_9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, soulman said:

How unanimous was lowballing La Fleur's pick for ST Coordinator?  9_9

They claim they offered him everything he wanted before he left.  I guess they still pissed him off enough to walk.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

They claim they offered him everything he wanted before he left.  I guess they still pissed him off enough to walk.  

Whole lotta people now claiming things that aren't true.  Seems the operative thinking is some won't bother to fact check and with others is you repeat a lie often enough the chumps may finally believe it. 

Call me a skeptic simply because he signed with NOLA and reportedly got exactly what he asked for.  So something doesn't mesh here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, soulman said:

Whole lotta people now claiming things that aren't true.  Seems the operative thinking is some won't bother to fact check and with others is you repeat a lie often enough the chumps may finally believe it. 

I'm told you can now actually run a country that way. Odd. o.O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

I'm told you can now actually run a country that way. Odd. o.O

If running it into the round is an objective.....sure.  :ph34r:

OK, enuff of that.  LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2019 at 8:09 PM, squire12 said:

1 opening in a NFL North Fantasy football league.  Mix of owners from the NFC North team forums.  

League is on ESPN.   Currently looking at some league modifications (number of keepers, roster size, etc. 

10 team league.  Rosters 18 with 10 keepers (potential rule modification to increase keepers and roster size) + 2 IR spots

SCORING 
Scoring is as follows: standard scoring with the exception of: 

Offense: 
6pt passing TD 
-3 INT 
.75 PPR 

Defense: 
1 pt fumble forced (from 0) 
1 pt fumbled recovered (from 2) 
3 pt Interception (from 2) 

 

Let me know if you have questions or are interested.

Open team current roster below.  Team finished 3-10 (partly due to inactive owner).  Has 1st pick in all rounds of upcoming draft

QB:  Brees, Carr

RB:  Gurley, Devonta Freeman, Royce Freeman, Lamar Miller, Blount

WR:  Marvin Jones, Funchess, Fitzgerald, Garcon, Dez Bryant, James Washington, Amendola

TE:  Reed, Graham, Uzomah

Def:  Philly, NYJ

I've been in this league since it's inception 5 or 6 years ago and gotta say it's pretty fun. This is a pretty decent team too. Is anyone interested?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×