NFC North Rivals 2019 Talk

dll2000

Don't sleep on Buffalo and especially not Josh Allen. I don't have an issue with what AB is doing. He's not getting arrested. He doesn't miss games. The locker room loves him.  He's just doing everything he can to get out. If he keeps it up after that's one thing. 

21 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

Don't sleep on Buffalo and especially not Josh Allen. I don't have an issue with what AB is doing. He's not getting arrested. He doesn't miss games. The locker room loves him.  He's just doing everything he can to get out. If he keeps it up after that's one thing. 

He is doing so much to get out he refused to go to Buffalo 🙄😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

He is doing so much to get out he refused to go to Buffalo 🙄😂

Not wanting to play in Buffalo isn't new.  Do you think AB won't be traded?  Do you think he won't get a new contract?  I think AB will be smiling at the end of this. If I was him I would've went to Buffalo.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

Not wanting to play in Buffalo isn't new.  Do you think AB won't be traded?  Do you think he won't get a new contract?  I think AB will be smiling at the end of this. If I was him I would've went to Buffalo.

The point I am making is things can't be that bad if he is willing to not go anywhere by the Steelers...all he is doing at this point is turning teams off him.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I'm sticking to my predraft claim. Josh Allen is a great athlete who sucks as a real QB.

He is Tim Tebow minus Jesus. 

Really?   I think he is flawed, but uber talented and jury is still out on which way his career could go.  Guy had some really nice flashes last year with limited talent around him.

I wouldn't mind having him.  

9 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Really?   I think he is flawed, but uber talented and jury is still out on which way his career could go.  Guy had some really nice flashes last year with limited talent around him.

I wouldn't mind having him.  

Yep. I REALLY disliked him predraft. He has a ton of talent, and elite arm talent, I wont deny that. But I don't believe in his accuracy or decision making. To me he is a bigger and more athletic Rex Grossman. 

He knows he has a top shelf arm but is really slow at reading defenses, seems to refuse to take the easy pass in favor of the big play (and misses the easy ones as regularly as his downfield throws), and when defenses used a spy his rushing effectiveness dropped. That's a huge part of his game. 

He will make wow plays due to his aggressiveness and freakish arm talent, but I'm not sold on him in any way. I think Joe Flacco (regular season, not playoffs) is his ceiling, and doubt he reaches that. 

If he proves me wrong I'll be happy to admit it. I'm just not impressed with him. 

11 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Yep. I REALLY disliked him predraft. He has a ton of talent, and elite arm talent, I wont deny that. But I don't believe in his accuracy or decision making. To me he is a bigger and more athletic Rex Grossman. 

He knows he has a top shelf arm but is really slow at reading defenses, seems to refuse to take the easy pass in favor of the big play (and misses the easy ones as regularly as his downfield throws), and when defenses used a spy his rushing effectiveness dropped. That's a huge part of his game. 

He will make wow plays due to his aggressiveness and freakish arm talent, but I'm not sold on him in any way. I think Joe Flacco (regular season, not playoffs) is his ceiling, and doubt he reaches that. 

If he proves me wrong I'll be happy to admit it. I'm just not impressed with him. 

A bigger, stronger, faster Rex Grossman is a big time prospect.  Rex Grossman kicked around league for a long time and played in a Super Bowl.  

I think if you have the ability whether you succeed or not is between the ears.

He has demonstrated beyond a shadow of doubt he has the ability, remains to be seen whether he will succeed.

10 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

A bigger, stronger, faster Rex Grossman is a big time prospect.  Rex Grossman kicked around league for a long time and played in a Super Bowl.  

I think if you have the ability whether you succeed or not is between the ears.

He has demonstrated beyond a shadow of doubt he has the ability, remains to be seen whether he will succeed.

Exactly.  And between the ears is why Rex was a massive letdown as a franchise QB. That is why I compared the two. BUF didn't draft him to be a journeyman that is a spot starter/depth for multiple teams. 

Rex was also a huge reason for the Bears' failing in that Super Bowl. He lead an offense that put up 10 points while gifting 7 to IND in one throw. I mean yes, he played, but was also the weakest link on the starting team. Seems as much a damning statement as praise overall. 

Nothing personal against the dude, I just haven't been impressed with him as  QB. 

53 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Exactly.  And between the ears is why Rex was a massive letdown as a franchise QB. That is why I compared the two. BUF didn't draft him to be a journeyman that is a spot starter/depth for multiple teams. 

Rex was also a huge reason for the Bears' failing in that Super Bowl. He lead an offense that put up 10 points while gifting 7 to IND in one throw. I mean yes, he played, but was also the weakest link on the starting team. Seems as much a damning statement as praise overall. 

Nothing personal against the dude, I just haven't been impressed with him as  QB. 

And yet he won the Bears a few games that year, including playing very well vs SEA and NO in the playoffs. Benson also pussed out of the Super Bowl, the offensive playcalling was pathetic, and the D picked a bad night to miss every other tackle.

Grossman always got **** on but he wasn't so bad.

IMO, Grossman > Orton

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

And yet he won the Bears a few games that year, including playing very well vs SEA and NO in the playoffs. Benson also pussed out of the Super Bowl, the offensive playcalling was pathetic, and the D picked a bad night to miss every other tackle.

Grossman always got **** on but he wasn't so bad.

IMO, Grossman > Orton

Yes, he was IMO. Outside of one hot streak he was pretty consistently bad. 

Winning a few games means little over a career. McCown won us a few games, Orton did, Kordell did. Even trash QBs can have good games. That year we won vs AZ and MIN even though he was the best asset the other team had. He was the reason we lost to NE and too. 

He had 2 years in Chicago and 3 years in his career that he had more TDs than INTs. One of those was a 2 TD/1 INT rookie year. He was pretty poor. Not bad as a reserve, but he wasn't starter material. 

I'd take Orton over Rex. Rex had a much higher ceiling on his good play, but his basement was so much lower too. I'd rather my back up be consistent at least. 

Edited by Sugashane