NFC North Rivals 2019 Talk

dll2000

9 hours ago, dll2000 said:

With the $105 million deal done @dallascowboys DeMarcus Lawrence is set to undergo surgery on Wednesday. "I can't put a timetable on how long it's going to take me to recover from the surgery, but I should be back before the beginning of the season."

This would piss me off if I was a Cowboy's fan.

you know the cowboys arent in the NFCN, right?

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

You posted your comment about the Cowboys in an NFC North thread

I know.  I was just using this thread to talk about other teams rather than start a new one for teams other than NFCN.

I don't like to spam site with new threads too much.

16 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I know.  I was just using this thread to talk about other teams rather than start a new one for teams other than NFCN.

I don't like to spam site with new threads too much.

I think there's an "around the league" thread floating around here somewhere, kinda like an nfl general thread in the bears forum

For once we're finally in a good place vs our NFCN rivals.

1) We have zero starting spots to fill with rookie draft picks.

2) We still have around $16 mil of offseason cap space and just one vet we need to extend.

3) We have our franchise QB, our franchise Edge Rusher, and All Pro FS and CB.

4) Our defense as a whole is solid with key DL like Hicks and Goldman and top five ranked.

5) Our WR position is solid and TE only needs some tweaking.

6) Our OL is intact and we won 12 games in 2018 with a new and unfamiliar offense.

7) We'll have a top ranked KOR and PR in Patterson and Cohen.

8) We've re-signed or have under contract most of our core ST but desperately need a PK.

9) We finally have a HC and GM who are on the same page as far as building a consistent winner.

10) The McCaskey's want a championship and will spend on players and top coaching to get it.

Life is good.  emoticon_banana.gif  LOL

• Like 2

15 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Good thing they gave Cousins all that money. I bet their fan base can't wait until March 2020 when he can walk away.

Cool thing is while Vikings kept their good players they haven’t gotten better and are really hamstrung on getting better. Meanwhile, we have already beat their best with a young team that was still in learning mode. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Let's file this one away for future use.  

He's happy because he thinks GB "won the draft"?  OK, no problem.  He can play draftnik all next fall while the Bears win games.

I'm thrilled with Mack and Miller as our 1st and 2nd round picks a year early and with Monty who could easily have gone a round sooner AND with Ridley who was a gift that late in round four.  I think even Duke Shelley can become a stud Slot CB.

It's nice to be in a spot where your team can strategically fill a handful of positions for depth while your main rival is in a "we hope quantity equals quality" spot in the early phase of a rebuild GB fans won't easily accept.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Who had best draft in NFCN and why?

We did.  No one else got a 1st round talent even close to Kahlil Mack or a RB in round three who reminds me a little of Walter Payton.  Then toss in WRs like Miller and Ridley this year and I'll take it.  That's a pretty strong group from 1st through 4th.

• Like 1

MJD liked the Vikings draft. I haven't seen anyone else claiming an NFC North team as a clear-cut "winner" in this draft.

I'm kind of scratching my head about the Lions who have now drafted 3 1st round TEs in the past 10 years. He likely won't bust entirely, but I don't view Hockenson as a franchise cornerstone.

• Like 1