NFC North Rivals 2019 Talk

dll2000

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I think the guy is about to be swallowed whole by Rodgers...young innovative offensive minds should be paired with young talented QBs...not someone who will have more say on this offence than he will.

Well, I seem to have the approval of a mod to forge ahead. :D Hopefully we don't veer off into craziness when discussing this topic--as happened earlier. (Not the fault of Bears fans, by the way...)

I think it's an interesting pick, but also a weird one. There's potential with LaFleur, for sure, but there's also the kind of straight forward realization that hes probably not the best choice for that job at this time. But...overall. I can't say it was a bad hire. Guy is good! As I said at the time, had they hired Gase I would have absolutely flipped out, but this guy is nearly as worrisome...

1 hour ago, soulman said:

Ya' have to wonder whether or not Rodgers is getting into the "problem stage" of his career much like Favre did.  I surely hope so.

Rodgers may be getting uppity, but he'll never be even one third the diva Favre was. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

Well, I seem to have the approval of a mod to forge ahead. :D Hopefully we don't veer off into craziness when discussing this topic--as happened earlier. (Not the fault of Bears fans, by the way...)

I think it's an interesting pick, but also a weird one. There's potential with LaFleur, for sure, but there's also the kind of straight forward realization that hes probably not the best choice for that job at this time. But...overall. I can't say it was a bad hire. Guy is good! As I said at the time, had they hired Gase I would have absolutely flipped out, but this guy is nearly as worrisome...

Rodgers may be getting uppity, but he'll never be even one third the diva Favre was. 

I'm up and down on Lafleuer. I'm not as high on  him as I was for Flip and Nagy last year, but it is a move with potential. He runs a lot of bunch formations and RPO concepts, so if Rodgers has his mobility back that is going to be a pain in the ***. After McCarthy's predictable scheme and playcalling I'm sure Rodgers will be more than happy for him at least for a season or two. I mean Rodgers was likely one of the biggest supporters for him pre-hire. Add in the friction and how things went downhill the last several years between him and McCarthy and he is likely to be really tolerable just because it ISN'T McCarthy he is dealing with daily. 

That being said it is hard to say the Titans offense was better last year than the year before. If not for Henry going into god-mode for a few weeks they would have looked even worse, but they had a major positive to note at that point at least. Distracted from a pretty dismal performance for the bulk of the year. Second concern was that Mariota absolutely sucked last year. 13 starts and only 11 passing TDs in your 4th year? While taking 40+ sacks? Gross. I said before his draft I wasn't a big fan of him and hated Winston, but I didn't think he would be such a mediocre passer by this point. Now his WR corps isn't exactly setting fear in anyone's heart, but still. With his mobility, the duo of Lewis and Henry to force the defense to come up hard on RPOs and play action, and his experience he should not be a sub 20 TD guy per season (extrapolated to 16 games if he misses time of course).  It was just a mess in the few earlier games I saw.

I wish him and GB luck... just not as much as 1- the Bears, 2 - the entire AFC, 3 - NFC teams not in the North, 4 - Vikes, and 5 - Lions   xD

Brown expected to be dealt by end of week.  Multiple teams are reportedly in the mix.  

Hoping Packers aren't one.  He doesn't really help any other team as much.  Maybe Patriots, but Steelers will never deal to them while Brady is there. 

He needs to go to a team with a vet QB ready to win now to make a difference.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Brown expected to be dealt by end of week.  Multiple teams are reportedly in the mix.  

Hoping Packers aren't one.  He doesn't really help any other team as much.  Maybe Patriots, but Steelers will never deal to them while Brady is there. 

I want to see him go to Jacksonville, just to watch the locker room burn. Or BUF to see him throw a pissy fit while trying to haul in the lasers Allen throws nowhere near him. Browns talent might get his completion percentage up to 55 or even 57%. Brown might also choke Allen out by week 12.

42 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Won't be the Pats...if it's anywhere else let the disaster commence...Brown is an excellent football player but man is he a diva and I fully believe he will find out just how good an organisation the Steelers are when he goes somewhere else...add in that he will probably be on a losing team and he will kick off big time. 

11 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

True, but that fat lady hasn't sung yet. He still has five years to accomplish that in and he's creeping up on it.

The way both have been put on a pedestal by GB fans and expected to carry the team they essentially create their own monster.

Pack have serious holes to fill on defense.  

Bulaga isn't likely to last season and seems to be affected by past injuries.  Interior O line isn't that good.  Refs ever start call holding on them and they would really be exposed.  That second game against Bears they got away with murder and still got dominated.  

WRs as a unit aren't that good.  TEs aren't that good.  

Unless Packs get a couple of top shelf difference making free agents and hit home runs on their draft picks I don't see them being better than Bears next year.  

Problem is they have cap room and picks to do just that, but they have to make exact right decision on each of them to turn into a contending team in 2019.  I don't know that they have been making many exact right decisions lately.  Let's hope that continues.  

Adding Brown and say Earl Thomas or Honey Badger and landing an exceptional rookie pass rusher and they are back in game.  I doubt they make those type of moves, but we'll see.

They seem to be trying to build long term rather than win now.

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Pack have serious holes to fill on defense.  

Bulaga isn't likely to last season and seems to be affected by past injuries.  Interior O line isn't that good.  Refs ever start call holding on them and they would really be exposed.  That second game against Bears they got away with murder and still got dominated.  

WRs as a unit aren't that good.  TEs aren't that good.  

Unless Packs get a couple of top shelf difference making free agents and hit home runs on their draft picks I don't see them being better than Bears next year.  

Problem is they have cap room and picks to do just that, but they have to make exact right decision on each of them to turn into a contending team in 2019.  I don't know that they have been making many exact right decisions lately.  Let's hope that continues.  

Adding Brown and say Earl Thomas or Honey Badger and landing an exceptional rookie pass rusher and they are back in game.  I doubt they make those type of moves, but we'll see.

They seem to be trying to build long term rather than win now.

Bwahhahaa, Brett Kollmann did a cool video breakdown on how the Packers have developed that method.

I totally agree with the rest of your points,  Packers would need a Saints like offseason where every bullet lands to be definitively better.  I do think they'll rebound this year, but I also think the new coach has a high risk high reward aspect that could either work Nagy-like or absolutely flame out.  Sure hoping for a cheese filled dumpster fire.  

I don't really follow the Vikings much, so I'm curious to see how much of their talent they can retain, they've got to get the checkbook out again this year. 

Has anyone seen the Lions?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Bwahhahaa, Brett Kollmann did a cool video breakdown on how the Packers have developed that method.

I totally agree with the rest of your points,  Packers would need a Saints like offseason where every bullet lands to be definitively better.  I do think they'll rebound this year, but I also think the new coach has a high risk high reward aspect that could either work Nagy-like or absolutely flame out.  Sure hoping for a cheese filled dumpster fire.  

I don't really follow the Vikings much, so I'm curious to see how much of their talent they can retain, they've got to get the checkbook out again this year. 

Has anyone seen the Lions?

I saw that video awhile back.  They went way beyond that technique in Bears game. They were literally grabbing guys from behind and pulling.  Mack had a butt sack. Insane no calls.  Floyd got held the most by their all pro LT.  I am going to have to go rewatch sometime soon and see if it was as bad as I remember live. 

Vikings are losing guys and they have no faith in Cousins now. They are losing faith in their HC who keeps firing everyone around him blaming everyone but himself.  They had their shot. 

Local media hates Lion's HC with heat of a thousand suns.  Not going to help his cause much.  Going to be a constant drip of negativity on everything he does. 

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I saw that video awhile back.  They went way beyond that technique in Bears game. They were literally grabbing guys from behind and pulling.  Mack had a butt sack. Insane no calls.  Floyd got held the most by their all pro LT.  I am going to have to go rewatch sometime soon and see if it was as bad as I remember live. 

It was!  Near the end of the season I did a lot of rewatching, including the Packers2, and it was silly how bad the holding was.  I think it happens a lot across the league so everyone thinks their team gets special treatment, but the Bears line really got grabbed a lot. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

It was!  Near the end of the season I did a lot of rewatching, including the Packers2, and it was silly how bad the holding was.  I think it happens a lot across the league so everyone thinks their team gets special treatment, but the Bears line really got grabbed a lot. 

I'm hopin' against all hope that GB sinks far enough in the TV ratings that the NFL feels they're no longer obligated to protect Rodgers *** via allowing the kind of pass blocking they get away with because officiating crews have been told to wink at it or look in another direction.  It's gone on too long now.

No matter how good Mtich or the Bears get we will never get that kinda love from the "home office".

I have a bunch of very close friends in GB as well as a grandson whose a football mensa and those willing to admit it see the Packers entering a phase like we were in a few years ago where under a new GM and HC they're virtually gonna have to rebuild that team just as we did. 

Rodgers will always keep them from sinking too deep in the mire but GB has been guilty of the same things we were with Cutler.  He's getting too little support around him and that's also part of why his attitude has begun to sour even though his contract impacts what they can do.

The Packers goal now has to be to compete if possible because the days of being able to dominate the NFCN are over.

On 3/6/2019 at 8:16 AM, Sugashane said:

Or BUF to see him throw a pissy fit while trying to haul in the lasers Allen throws nowhere near him. Browns talent might get his completion percentage up to 55 or even 57%. Brown might also choke Allen out by week 12.

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/Antonio-Brown-trade-Buffalo-Bills--129102436/

Oh damn! It is really happening guys! Let the sideshow begin! Lol. 

When is everyone thinking AB goes on suicide watch? Week11? Week 12?

It may be fake, but I hope not. 

Edited by Sugashane

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/Antonio-Brown-trade-Buffalo-Bills--129102436/

Oh damn! It is really happening guys! Let the sideshow begin! Lol. 

When is everyone thinking AB goes on suicide watch? Week11? Week 12?

It may be fake, but I hope not. 

Pitt probably took less just to screw him this badly 😂