NFL owners have asked (Adam) Silver if he would be willing to switch leagues

buno67

15 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Anyone would be better than Goodell but let's not go crazy with Silver. The league needs someone who knows the NFL, who's worked in an NFL organization and has a good relationship with the players. There's only 1 guy for the job:

jeff-fisher-fox-sports.jpg?itok=5Zl-a6Dg

Head coaching record
Regular season: 173–165–1 (.512)
Postseason: 5–6 (.455)
Career: 178–171–1 (.510)

He'll make sure everything is nice and even.

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Anyone would be better than Goodell but let's not go crazy with Silver. The league needs someone who knows the NFL, who's worked in an NFL organization and has a good relationship with the players. There's only 1 guy for the job:

jeff-fisher-fox-sports.jpg?itok=5Zl-a6Dg

Side note - you all know that I'm on the #FireBillObrien train. My biggest fear is that new Texans owner Cal McNair would hire Fisher on the account that they rock the same 'stache.

At that point, someone's gotta serve me a double of bleach and tonic. Because I won't be able to go any further with that malarkey. 

(Then he brings in Mike Mularkey as his OC. Yuck).

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Side note - you all know that I'm on the #FireBillObrien train. My biggest fear is that new Texans owner Cal McNair would hire Fisher on the account that they rock the same 'stache.

That makes sense I'm 100% convinced Jon Gruden got hired because Mark Davis loved him in those Hooters commercials.

14 hours ago, MVPatrickMahomes15 said:

Adam silver is overrated, the NBA has became less and less competitive across the league under his tutelage.

Have you seen how much the profit for each team has increased during the same time?

You forget, this is a business for owners. They'd like to see 200%+ increase in value over half a decade as well.

15 hours ago, MVPatrickMahomes15 said:

Adam silver is overrated, the NBA has became less and less competitive across the league under his tutelage.

Yeah, I'm not sure what about Silver is overly appealing.  I mean, he's an upgrade over David Sterns, which isn't saying much.

Wow, what an idea. Silver is 10 times the pro sports manager vs Goodell, it's not even close. Both in actual function, and also perception. Still hard to stomach how so many people have cancelled their NFL cable subscriptions, boycotted the NFL for various reasons (SB QB Kaep with no job while Kareem Hunt just got hired, stuff like that). I will never give up on the NFL though, love it. 

Meanwhile NBA player salaries make the NFL look like a joke. A freakin' end-of-bench no-name guy in the NBA makes more than some actual NFL superstars. So, which of these two sports is more painful for the body? Hmmm. 

You prolly never heard of these NBA players, but look up Devin Booker ($158M contract over 5 yrs) and Paul Millsap (2 yr, $61M with $60M guaranteed). That's a lot of money, more than GOAT Tom Brady. 

Advantage: Adam Silver. 

I'm honestly struggling to think of single PR related incident that Goodell handled well. I think the fact that such a large percentage of casual fans are both aware of who he is and have a negative perception of him indicates how poorly he does at the PR portion of his job.

22 hours ago, FinSting said:

Meanwhile NBA player salaries make the NFL look like a joke. A freakin' end-of-bench no-name guy in the NBA makes more than some actual NFL superstars. So, which of these two sports is more painful for the body? Hmmm. 

You prolly never heard of these NBA players, but look up Devin Booker ($158M contract over 5 yrs) and Paul Millsap (2 yr, $61M with $60M guaranteed). That's a lot of money, more than GOAT Tom Brady. 

It’s very different revenue sharing money across 1,696 players than it is across 420. 

11 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

It’s very different revenue sharing money across 1,696 players than it is across 420. 

I guess its hard to compareanyway. You could say just look at the total amount of $ to be shared (regardless if its spread over 1600 or 400 players). But then you have to take into account the nr. of games as well (= potentially more tv revenue).

On 2/15/2019 at 6:30 PM, FinSting said:

Wow, what an idea. Silver is 10 times the pro sports manager vs Goodell, it's not even close. Both in actual function, and also perception. Still hard to stomach how so many people have cancelled their NFL cable subscriptions, boycotted the NFL for various reasons (SB QB Kaep with no job while Kareem Hunt just got hired, stuff like that). I will never give up on the NFL though, love it. 

You can thank unions for the salary discrepancy.

5 hours ago, Classic said:

Explain Kirk Cousins making more than Tom Brady then.

I’m not sure what this has to do with anything. Tom willingly accepted less. Kirk did not. That example has more to do with Tom being different rather than any difference between NFL and NBA  

Also, google: Giselle 

Archived