Trading Down

LETSGOBROWNIES

Trade Down  

30 members have voted

1. 1. How open are you to trading down this year?

• I’m open to just about any deal that allows us to add further assets.
    • I’m open to it if “my guy” isn’t there.
    • I’m open to it, but we’d really have to fleece someone.
    • Stop. Trading. Down.
    • Trade down? We should be moving UP!
  2. 2. What type of compensation would you need to move back?

• I’m fine with even a day 3 pick, I just want more assets.
    • I’d probably need a day two pick to even consider it.
    • I’d need picks both this year and next.
    • I’m not having any discussions for less than a first.
  3. 3. How far back would you move?

• A couple spots, but not outside of the top 22-25.
    • Anywhere in the first is fine.
    • I’d move out of the first, but we’d have to stay in the top 45.
    • I don’t care when we makw our first pick this year if the deal is right (ie future picks).

17 might be the spot a top 12 player falls down to, and if so I'd want to grab them or fleece someone if we're going to move off it (preferably someone only a few spots behind us that has also fallen in love with a guy they perceive as falling).

I wouldn't touch D.K. Metcalf with a ten foot pole personally. For an alleged big, strong receiver he missed nearly two seasons out of three that he played at Ole Miss with season ending injuries to his foot and neck. There are too many legitimate needs on this squad to take a chance on another injury prone player in the early rounds of the draft. Metcalf has Kevin White 2.0 written all over him.

11 hours ago, Momaster said:

I wouldn't touch D.K. Metcalf with a ten foot pole personally. For an alleged big, strong receiver he missed nearly two seasons out of three that he played at Ole Miss with season ending injuries to his foot and neck. There are too many legitimate needs on this squad to take a chance on another injury prone player in the early rounds of the draft. Metcalf has Kevin White 2.0 written all over him.

I agree.

Honestly I think it’s time to stop thinkin long term and let’s go win a fn title but I’m indifferent to how Dorsey uses his assets cause it seems he makes the right calls in his sleep.  

If if I had to guess I think he just picks at 17 or trades up for an impact guy but like, not that much.  Maybe 7 picks at most.

2 hours ago, mistakey said:

Honestly I think it’s time to stop thinkin long term and let’s go win a fn title but I’m indifferent to how Dorsey uses his assets cause it seems he makes the right calls in his sleep.  

Why though?  Baker’s 24, we should be looking towards a decade and a half of competing for titles.

Get Brady out of the way in a year or two and it’s an even clearer path.

I get the rookie contract window, and they should maximize it, but you can think long term on draft day while still improving the team for the upcoming year.

16 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Why though?  Baker’s 24, we should be looking towards a decade and a half of competing for titles.

I get the rookie contract window, and they should maximize it, but you can think long term on draft day while still improving the team for the upcoming year.

I’d like to see the Browns split the difference between the Rams who are screwed by 2021 and what we have done since Butch left. I’d like to maximize future picks and build the war chest when able but making calculated moves to make an occasional big time draft trade up or free agent signee. 

JMHO

6 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Cause the second half of last year he was playin like drew brees and Patrick Mahomes?  I’m not sayin completely sacrifice the future but if you think the next Moss is there, go up and trade for him.  Or go trade your 3rd for Gerald McCoy 

Just now, mistakey said:

Cause the second half of last year he was playin like drew brees and Patrick Mahomes?

I agree, but isn’t that one reason NOT to commit a ton of resources to a single WR?  He’s slinging the ball around to anyone and everyone an not relying on one guy to get open.  He’s making everyone better.  Guys like Perriman and Hollywood were headed for life insurance jobs before Baker came along.  

I guess all I’m saying is I don’t think we need a superstar, but rather 5-6 solid options that Baker can develop with.

Just now, mistakey said:

I’m not sayin completely sacrifice the future but if you think the next Moss is there, go up and trade for him.  Or go trade your 3rd for Gerald McCoy 

I’d point out that the Pats getting Moss was one move that actually didn’t lead to a title, but I get your point.

If the cost (pick wise) isn’t awful, I’m all for adding OBJ (like a 2?), but I think it will be higher than that as the Giants are gonna be eating a whole lotta cap space/money and I’d imagine a number of teams would be interested.

McCoy I’d like a lot more as his draft pick compensation would likely be significantly less and he plays a position where we have a significant need.

I dunno if I’d trade for obj - seems too expensive . But Michael Thomas and drew brees are probably one blown call away from being super bowl champs imo.  Bree’s doesn’t choke like Goff would.

Was thinkin more trading up in the first if the wr you want is there 

Archived