49ers decline option on WR Pierre Garçon

TheKillerNacho

25 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I'll likely say this to any veteran WR that gets cut. But Buffalo could sure use this guy for his leadership and veteran presence. 

I think he's probably got a couple of okay years left as a #3 type. You could do worse on a cheap deal. I don't think the injuries are a huge deal - both years I kind of felt that we put him on IR just because we wanted to give the younger guys a look moving forward (and to maybe tank just a bit). 

On 2/17/2019 at 3:15 PM, footbull3196 said:

No, because he was too stupid to sign with the Patriots.  Otherwise he would have been a shoo in

If he’d had that 113 catch season in NE he’d be considered one of the goats 

39 minutes ago, the lone star said:

32 is still pretty old for the NFL and he'll be 33 when the season starts.

That wasn’t a “oh dang he still has a lot of time left in the nfl” comment, more like a “dang I thought he was significantly older cause he’s been around for freaking ever” comment 

22 hours ago, Tyty said:

That wasn’t a “oh dang he still has a lot of time left in the nfl” comment, more like a “dang I thought he was significantly older cause he’s been around for freaking ever” comment 

I feel you. But yeah, if you play until you're that old, you're probably going in the HOF or Hall of Very Good. Garcon doesn't strike me as that type of guy. Fine player, but not gonna be around until he's 38.

Crabtree was drafted a year after him, so there's that.

Archived