-Breeland

- Kumerow (ERFA)

-Marcedes Lewis- 1 year deal.

-Wilkerson- 1 year deal

- Jake Ryan-1 year deal

- Ibraheim Campbell

- Nick Perry cut

Free Agents  

Ziggy Ansah (EDGE-DET) Could be a stretch and I know some are going to dislike it, but wanted to try something different. Most people see him leaving DET this offseason. While he’s been injured recently, there’s no denying his talent and past production. Gutey won’t get him for cheap, but hopefully he can structure a contract that has a way out if he can’t stay healthy. Definitely a bit of a gamble, but he has as 48 career sacks and had 12 in 2017. In 2018 had 4 sacks in the 7 games he played in.

Tre Boston- (S- AZ) This is a guy GB should have signed in 2018.  Maybe AZ shouldn’t let him go, but after picking up Swearinger’s contract AZ has some money tied up in the secondary. He’s pretty young at just 26 years old.

Derek Rivers- (Trade from NE for 5th round draft pick) the former 3rd round pick was active for just five games this season after missing his entire debut campaign with a torn ACL. The games he missed this year were healthy scratches though. Good athletic measurables. 24 years old.

Draft

1 (12) Montez Sweat EDGE (6’6”, 245)- Wanted to go somewhere besides EDGE here, but I just can’t pass up the chance to add young talent here. Coming off back to back double digit sacks and TFL seasons at Miss State. Will be interesting to see what he weighs in at the combine. Semi-Brian Gutekunst lookalike, Luke Getsy, knows him from Miss State.

1 (30) Cody Ford OL, Oklahoma (6’4, 338)

-        Need to protect #12. Ford has played OT and OG at a high level. Perhaps it’s a tough for him to fall to #30, but there are a number of 1st round Olineman taken that cause him be available the end of the 1st round.

Image result for cody ford

2 (44) Deebo Samuel, WR South Carolina (6’0”, 209) 

- Gutey takes a page out of Ted’s book and gets AR a new WR weapon in the 2nd round. Guy is a stud and has produced vs some top level college talent and programs. He has also returned punts at SC. While some feel WR is overrated, let’s not forget how good Rodgers and the Packers offense was with a plethora of receiving targets.

3 (76) Chauncey Gardner-Johnson- S- Florida

GB has worked for shore up the CB position for the past couple seasons. Now it’s time for the safety position to be addressed with a full reboot.

4 (108) Jace Sternberger, TE Texas A&M (6’4” 250)

4 (112) Elijah Holyfield- RB Georgia

Free Agency and the first two picks helped address the trenches, so now it’s time to get Rodgers some more weapons. LaFluer and Hackett are going to pound the rock a lot and I don’t trust Jones (3 knee injuries in 2 seasons and a suspension) to stay on the field enough to do it. Evander Holyfield’s son comes in to provide a wealth of RB options.

5 (140) – Traded for Rivers.

6 (172) Malik Gant, S Marshall (6’2”, 201)

6 (182) Dennis Daley, OT, South Carolina, 6’5, 304

7(204)  Drue Tranquill, ILB, Notre Dame 6’2” 228

12 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

Just tried to steal my heart with the Derek Rivers trade. His athletic numbers: 53rd %tile power, 70th Speed 40, 73rd Agility, 76th Speed 10, and that beautiful sub-7 3-cone. I STILL BELIEVE

Ya I'm not sure if BB would part with him, but they sure aren't playing him so thought I'd make that trade.

I think Ford slides down the boards. That's been the trend with OU linemen. There've been a ton of guys with a 2nd or 3rd round grade that wind up UDFA's. I'd go DL there if possible; even if we bring Wilkerson, Ansah, and trade for Rivers. We still need to shore up that DL IMHO.

Love the Holyfield pick. He was underused at UGA and would be an excellent power back for us; a great compliment to Jones and Williams.

26 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Sweat is a lot like Polite and Burns to me. Need to see him at the Combine before I can draft him. If Polite and Burns are under 240 and Sweat is a 7.1+ 3 cone, Im going to cry in a corner somewhere. 

I'll be there with yah.

Difference between Polite/Burns/Sweat...to me...is that Sweat does not possess a single elite trait.  Good power, okay bend, great frame.  At #12 I want a kid with an elite trait or two.  

Polite has the speed/acceleration.  Same for Burns.  And Burns has that long frame I like.

I'm not violently opposed to Sweat, I'd just like to see him elite as something if he is the guy at #12.

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I'll be there with yah.

Difference between Polite/Burns/Sweat...to me...is that Sweat does not possess a single elite trait.  Good power, okay bend, great frame.  At #12 I want a kid with an elite trait or two.  

Polite has the speed/acceleration.  Same for Burns.  And Burns has that long frame I like.

I'm not violently opposed to Sweat, I'd just like to see him elite as something if he is the guy at #12.

He’s not my first choice either, but as much as I like Polite/hock I’m tired of seeing them mocked to gb ha

On 2/15/2019 at 12:31 PM, vegas492 said:

I'll be there with yah.

Sweat has the frame you want. 

Nice tape on Holyfield. Although he doesnt appear too big, he's depicted as a between the tackles runner showing a consistent side step/shuffle which allows him to find the hole as well as the speed necessary to break it outside if jammed up. 

On 2/15/2019 at 12:37 PM, SaginawReunion83 said:

Love the draft, and a very realistic free agency. I'm not sure if Gardner Johnson will be there at pick 76, but you can't pass on a player like Deebo if he's there at 44. Great job!

Is the Saginaw part of your name, Saginaw, Michigan? If so, we're neighbors. 

Archived