2019 NFL Mock draft (3 rounds)

BillsGuy82

9 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

I like the positions taken for the Falcons overall as we hit the trenches hard and thats what we need to do for the 1st 3 rounds.   I personally wouldn't take each guy we took in each round at those 3 positions we took though as im meh on each of them except jenkins who i like alot in the 3rd round.    Sweat and Tillery don't do much for me overall i would have much rather taken Dexter Lawrence at 14 with Wilkins and Oliver already taken and then in round 2 take either Lindstrom, Risner, or Oshane  Now if we can somehow snag Jefferey Simmons in round 4 then thats gives us that elite level DT we need and we can stash him for another year and it takes some ease off of passing on a 1st round DT this year for Sweat and settling for Tillery.

Im guessnig the Simmons to miami thing at 12 was a messup with him tearing his acl and needing surgery and he goes later than round 2 or 3 now?

We may of started this before the injury not sure but yea Simmons if lucky may go in 2nd earliest now

if im the jags i would go Murray, Brian Burns, Dalton Risner, and go with the best TE available like Nauta maybe or a Skilled wr. could go rb as well. 

Murray obviously slides to starting qb. 

Burns would help our pass rush and give us a 2nd true pass rush threat from the edge and also provide insurance for yannick Ngakou. 

Risner i feel would be a good fit at either RT or RG. 

nauta would fill our starting te void it seems. 

On 2/16/2019 at 1:18 AM, BillsGuy82 said:

Kept trades out of it.. Ideally I want my Bills to trade back

Ironically @CHOMP_CHOMP who handled TB as a TB fan said Lindstrom went too low. If Tampa is going base 3/4, Gary immediately jumps Oliver, Simmons, Williams regardless of talent. Gary is a dream 3/4 fit who can line inside and if develops secondary moves, I feel could move out on the edge.

No doubt that Gary has some elite physical traits that just can’t be taught. I’d be interested to see what Bowles could do with his gifts. That said, I question his work ethic and his heart given the production he had in a pretty good defensive system with pretty good coaching at Michigan. It’s difficult being on the outside looking in because we just aren’t privy to player meetings and practice habits and such. Maybe I’m wrong I don’t know. I just haven’t seen him live up to his ability at any point thus far.

43 minutes ago, bigdog2372 said:

No doubt that Gary has some elite physical traits that just can’t be taught. I’d be interested to see what Bowles could do with his gifts. That said, I question his work ethic and his heart given the production he had in a pretty good defensive system with pretty good coaching at Michigan. It’s difficult being on the outside looking in because we just aren’t privy to player meetings and practice habits and such. Maybe I’m wrong I don’t know. I just haven’t seen him live up to his ability at any point thus far.

His Potential to Production could be a legit worry.. No Doubt

On 2/16/2019 at 1:23 PM, BillsGuy82 said:

We may of started this before the injury not sure but yea Simmons if lucky may go in 2nd earliest now

Thought it might be something like that.  Dang shame Simmons tore his acl he is a bad dude but i still want him as a Falcon and to let him rest a season.  Like the Cowboys did with Smith.  I think in round 3 at our pick would be the earlier i would do it but in round 4 it would be a no brainer if he is there for the Falcons.  Heck i would even do a trade up with our 2 4ths to go get him in late round 3 or early round 4.  Something along the lines of this

1st - Oliver/Wilkins/Lawrence
2nd - Lindstrom/Risner etc...
3rd - Jenkins
Tradeup - Simmons

Man that would be a CRAZY STRONG 1st 4 rounds for the Falcons lol.

3 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Thought it might be something like that.  Dang shame Simmons tore his acl he is a bad dude but i still want him as a Falcon and to let him rest a season.  Like the Cowboys did with Smith.  I think in round 3 at our pick would be the earlier i would do it but in round 4 it would be a no brainer if he is there for the Falcons.  Heck i would even do a trade up with our 2 4ths to go get him in late round 3 or early round 4.  Something along the lines of this

1st - Oliver/Wilkins/Lawrence
2nd - Lindstrom/Risner etc...
3rd - Jenkins
Tradeup - Simmons

Man that would be a CRAZY STRONG 1st 4 rounds for the Falcons lol.

I think someone will take him late 1st/early 2nd. He'll be ready to play mid to late season if everything goes well

Archived