Draft Comparisons

brownie man

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If you took Frank Gore, subtracted about 50% of his athleticism, and he was about 10-15 pounds less lean but more pudgy, you’d get Mike Weber.

Mike Weber is going to be a player in the league man

Michael Jordan too

Jordan is going to be a multiple time all pro once he gets back to playing guard. If they make him stay at center he'll be an average player, but if he gets back to guard I promise if healthy he'll make multiple all pros. 

Just now, brownie man said:

I think he will be comparable to CJ Anderson. Meh...he’s ok.

Just now, brownie man said:

Michael Jordan too

Jordan is going to be a multiple time all pro once he gets back to playing guard. If they make him stay at center he'll be an average player, but if he gets back to guard I promise if healthy he'll make multiple all pros. 

I like Jordan. 

31 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Michael Jordan too

Weber was my favorite RB in this draft until I saw his rather lackluster 40 time. I love both Ohio State WRs though in Campbell and McLaurin. Hoping McLaurin falls to R3 and a big steal for the Raiders.

On 2/18/2019 at 7:22 PM, BleedTheClock said:

Nick Bosa--Michael Strahan

Quinnen Williams--Darnell Dockett

Josh Allen--Rich Man's Julian Peterson

Ed Oliver--Tommie Harris (I know Harris was heavier, but they play very similarly)

Devin White--Patrick Willis

Clelin Ferrell--Simeon Rice

Greedy Williams--Chris McCallister

Rashan Gary--Rich Man's Tank Carradine

Dwayne Haskins--Rich Man's Josh Freeman

Christian Wilkins--Geno Atkins

Montez Sweat--Cliff Avril

Deandre Baker--Darrelle Revis

Jachai Polite--Robert Mathis

DK Metcalf--Josh Gordon/Andre Johnson

Byron Murphy--Kyle Wilson

Jeffery Simmons--Marcellus WIley

Josh Jacobs--Jonathan Stewart

Jawaan Taylor--Leonard Davis

Kyler Murray--Faster Donovan McNabb? This was a tough one...I don't think there is a good comp.

TJ Hockenson--George Kittle

Dre'Mont Jones--Arby Jones

Devin Bush--Lavonte David

Deionte Thompson--Brodney Pool

Dexter Lawrence--Shaun Rogers

AJ Brown--Rich Man's Anquan Boldin

Noah Fant--Jace Amaro

Drew Lock--Jay Cutler

Marquise Brown--Marvin Harrison

Greg Little--Russell Okung

Kelvin Harmon--Jerome Simpson

Brian Burns--Poor Man's Jevon Kearse

Zach Allen--Justin Tuck

N'Keal Harry--Keyshawn Johnson

Daniel Jones--Athletic Kirk Cousins

Deebo Samuel--Faster Mohamed Sanu

Irv Smith--James Hannah

Andre Dillard--David Bakhtiari

Amani Oruwariye--Shorter Sean Smith

Taylor Rapp--Darren Sharper

Hakeem Butler--Plaxico Burress

Joe Jackson--Carlos Dunlap

Jaquan Johnson--Poor Man's Brian Dawkins

Deonte Johnson--Poor Man's Antonio Brown

Terrill Hanks--Telvin Smith

Greg Gaines--Michael Pierce

Josh Oliver--Jimmy Graham

Mitch Hyatt--Eric Steinbach

You're throwing out "rich man's" on some already great players. Julian Peterson and Anquan Boldin were both Top 5 players at a point in their respective primes. If someone is a rich man's Anquan Boldin sign me the F up lol. He's one of the most underrated WRs of his era.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, braylon said:

You're throwing out "rich man's" on some already great players. Julian Peterson and Anquan Boldin were both Top 5 players at a point in their respective primes. If someone is a rich man's Anquan Boldin sign me the F up lol. He's one of the most underrated WRs of his era.

I agree Boldin was a stud. Julian Peterson was good, but I think Josh Allen could be a better pass rusher than Peterson ever was. I see them playing similarly, as 4-3 OLB's that blitz a lot.

The reason I think he could be better than Boldin is because he's bigger and a little faster. His ceiling is higher. Both are built like brick S-Houses and are nightmares after the catch. I see AJ Brown winning deep down the field a lot more than Boldin did.

5 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I think Ingram has way more stop and start quickness, but I do like Holyfield. Elijah Holyfield kind of reminds me of Corey Dillon.

This.  I thought that the first time I saw him run.  A later interview confirmed it.  They have extremely similar styles and play with the same anger on every play.

38 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

Dwayne Haskins - game managing Jameis Winston

Josh Allen - Jamie Collins

D.K. Metcalf - Jerry Porter

Kyler Murray - gunslinging Tyrod Taylor

Jaylon Ferguson - taller Nate Orchard

Elijah Holyfield - Elijah McGuire

L.J. Humphrey - Donte Moncrief

Joejuan Williams - Jimmy Smith

What?

Ferguson - 6.45 256  Orchard- 6'3 250

Ferguson's not a great athlete but piled up production similar to Orchard. Orchard just wasn't a good enough tools guy to win in the NFL and I see some of the same weaknesses in Ferguson. He's gets owned often by pedestrian OL and confirmed that Senior Week by losing to almost everyone he went up against.

Holyfield - 5'10 215   McGuire 5'10 214

I see people praising Holyfield's power but he's not that big or strong. He runs with great lean and energy but he's not dynamic in any area. McGuire was a much more accomplished receiver but I think their running styles are identical.

Humphrey -  6'3 225  Moncrief 6.25 220

Humphrey has length, ball skills and size but not great lateral quickness. He's a go up and get it, down field target. That's also Moncrief.

8 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Weber was my favorite RB in this draft until I saw his rather lackluster 40 time. I love both Ohio State WRs though in Campbell and McLaurin. Hoping McLaurin falls to R3 and a big steal for the Raiders.

I don't know what his 40 time is, but I got roasted by OSU fans for saying that JK Dobbins was faster than Weber. I have no idea how someone who isn't vision impaired could make that claim.

1 hour ago, BrownLeader said:

I see people praising Holyfield's power but he's not that big or strong

You don't think Holyfield is strong? He's definitely not that big, but....

Image result for elijah holyfield arms

He looks strong and plays strong. Not sure what you don't like about him. 

Image result for elijah mcguire

That is the guy you compared him to physically.

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

I don't know what his 40 time is, but I got roasted by OSU fans for saying that JK Dobbins was faster than Weber. I have no idea how someone who isn't vision impaired could make that claim.

Weber has a projected 40 time of 4.60 majority of websites, if he can run sub 4.5 at the combine he could be a Top 2 RB in this draft.

I'll stick with Jacobs as #1 and Justice Hill as my #2 for the right offense (unpopular opinion). Overall, a pretty lackluster RB class. I'd wait til next year.

1 hour ago, BrownLeader said:

Ferguson - 6.45 256  Orchard- 6'3 250

Ferguson's not a great athlete but piled up production similar to Orchard. Orchard just wasn't a good enough tools guy to win in the NFL and I see some of the same weaknesses in Ferguson. He's gets owned often by pedestrian OL and confirmed that Senior Week by losing to almost everyone he went up against.

Holyfield - 5'10 215   McGuire 5'10 214

I see people praising Holyfield's power but he's not that big or strong. He runs with great lean and energy but he's not dynamic in any area. McGuire was a much more accomplished receiver but I think their running styles are identical.

Humphrey -  6'3 225  Moncrief 6.25 220

Humphrey has length, ball skills and size but not great lateral quickness. He's a go up and get it, down field target. That's also Moncrief.

It seems like you're just comparing H/W profiles. Ferguson is a heavy-handed power rusher with an explosive first step. Orchard was a speed rusher who had no sand in his pants.

Holyfield has serious leg drive, runs with violence, and is sneaky quick, but nobody knows what sort of passing game target he is. McGuire is a scat back. Plus, Holyfield has excellent vision and footwork; those were two weaknesses of McGuire's coming out.

Humphrey is not a go up and get it down the field target. He's a big slot with great YAC skills who can win contested catches. Moncrief is a speedy outside WR who wins with vertical routes and routes that work off of his ability to get vertical.

Edited by jrry32