Draft Comparisons

brownie man

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Don't see this at all. I'll guarantee everything I own that barring a catastrophic injury of some sorts, Dobbins runs significantly faster than Weber.

Well you can always take the tape of both where you think they are both running their top speed and see which one is going faster. 

On 2/21/2019 at 6:15 AM, Ragnarok said:

That said, I'm not sure how someone can watch McGuire and Holyfield and see much comparison in running style.  McGuire was all finesse.  Holyfield wants you to feel it in the morning.

I may change up that comp because McGuire was so much better catching the ball...but not because their run styles are all that dissimilar.

https://giant.gfycat.com/FirmPopularBluejay.webm

https://giant.gfycat.com/HappygoluckyBlandGalapagosdove.webm

https://giant.gfycat.com/FatRigidGelada.webm

Holyfield is a little stronger but they're similar sized and run with good lean and determination. And like McGuire I think Holyfield is a mid to late round prospect, but tbh not as good.

Edited by BrownLeader

On 2/21/2019 at 1:18 AM, jrry32 said:

Orchard measured in with 33.75 inch arms and large hands. That's not perfect length, but that's not poor length. He failed because he's an average athlete with a finesse style of play. If he had a violent punch and great power, he could have succeeded despite his lack of top-shelf athleticism. But speed rushers with average athleticism rarely go far.

Still disagree on Orchard as a speed rusher but I'll concede his length wasn't a big issue. 6'3 with long arms is fine.

But looking closer at Ferguson, I'm not liking the comp because Orchard easily had better mobility than him. He was even tried at ILB by the Browns.

Ferguson is a disaster in space. In fact, I think he's one of the most overrated guys in this class. I'm going with a smaller William Gholston now.

1 hour ago, BrownLeader said:

Still disagree on Orchard as a speed rusher but I'll concede his length wasn't a big issue. 6'3 with long arms is fine.

But looking closer at Ferguson, I'm not liking the comp because Orchard easily had better mobility than him. He was even tried at ILB by the Browns.

Ferguson is a disaster in space. In fact, I think he's one of the most overrated guys in this class. I'm going with a smaller William Gholston now.

We see Ferguson differently, but based on how you see him, I agree that Gholston is a better comparison.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Upside comps

DK Metcalf = Stronger Demaryius Thomas

Mecole Hardman = Emannuel Sanders

Terry McLaurin = Jeremy Maclin

N'Keal Harry = Dwayne Bowe/Anquan Boldin

Emmanuel Hall = Torrey Smith

Andy Isabella = Brandin Cooks

Gary Jennings = Chris Godwin/Tre'Quan Smith

Miles Boykin = Faster Alshon Jeffrey

Hakeem Butler = Brandon Marshall

Deebo Samuel = Roddy White

Riley Ridley = Robert Woods

Parris Campbell = Lee Evans (Don't love this comp, but oh well)

Dillon Mitchell = Marvin Jones

• Like 1

DeForest Buckner

6-7 291, 34 3/8”, 11 3/4”

5.05 40, 1.77 10 split, 21 reps (pro day), 32” Vert, 116” Broad, 7.51 3 Cone, 4.47 Short Shuttle

Jerry Tillery

6-6 295, 34 1/4”, 10 5/8”

4.93 40, 1.69 10 split, 23 reps, 32” Vert, 115” Broad, 7.45 3 Cone, 4.33 Short Shuttle

• Like 3

10 hours ago, brownie man said:

I'm not the only one on here who thinks Devin White is at least 10% better prospect than Roquan Smtih?

He definitely is a better prospect. I didn't like Roquan all that much because he was so limited physically when it came to taking on blocks. He gets demolished when teams run right at him. He's elite at avoiding blocks with pacing and angles, but I still have concerns about teams that isolate him and force him to play inside the box. I'd trade a TE over to his side every play and run stretch or power right at him.

Devin White's issues are mental. That being said, he's developing those instincts and has been better as his career has progressed. He can blow dudes up on blocks and run & chase with the very best of them. He's going to be a nightmare to deal with and teams won't be able to get away from him. I'd take White all day over Smith because of the ceiling. Smith's polish was much better, but White's upside is that of the best ILB of all-time.

Devin Bush is kind of the best of both worlds, but his upside isn't nearly as high as White's.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Counselor said:

DeForest Buckner

6-7 291, 34 3/8”, 11 3/4”

5.05 40, 1.77 10 split, 21 reps (pro day), 32” Vert, 116” Broad, 7.51 3 Cone, 4.47 Short Shuttle

Jerry Tillery

6-6 295, 34 1/4”, 10 5/8”

4.93 40, 1.69 10 split, 23 reps, 32” Vert, 115” Broad, 7.45 3 Cone, 4.33 Short Shuttle

I thought Buckner played with much more violence and power in his hands than Tillery ever did. I'm not really a big Tillery fan.

• Like 1

Just now, Counselor said:

I think Buckner is the better prospect. Tillery is more finesse 

For sure. Buckner was a dude I was not high on looking at his junior year tape. Then he had a phenomenal senior year where he punished dudes with powerful punches. I went from thinking Buckner was a 2nd round pick (2016 film?) to thinking he was a mid-late 1st (2017 film?).   That being said, I missed on Buckner. I didn't think he'd be as good as he's been right now.

Tillery isn't a dominant football player and he doesn't do well when guys get their hands on him, which is far too often. He's quicker than Buckner for sure, but he isn't nearly as powerful. I don't think it's a great comparison other than their combine numbers because Tillery isn't nasty.

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

For sure. Buckner was a dude I was not high on looking at his junior year tape. Then he had a phenomenal senior year where he punished dudes with powerful punches. I went from thinking Buckner was a 2nd round pick (2016 film?) to thinking he was a mid-late 1st (2017 film?).   That being said, I missed on Buckner. I didn't think he'd be as good as he's been right now.

Tillery isn't a dominant football player and he doesn't do well when guys get their hands on him, which is far too often. He's quicker than Buckner for sure, but he isn't nearly as powerful. I don't think it's a great comparison other than their combine numbers because Tillery isn't nasty.

It’s a good comparison size wise and athletically. He can be coached into that violence. Still a good comparison. A lot better than many I’ve seen on here.