Bills cut Charles Clay TE

49erurtaza

17 hours ago, Dome said:

Saints need a TE bad. What kind of a player is he? I seem to remember him being looked at as a pass catcher rather than a blocker, but I really don’t remember 

He's in that James Casey mold of H-Back TE, in that - like Casey - he was an athletic collegiate FB that was converted to TE because he was an asset as a receiver.  I can't speak to recent years, but I remember him being a better off-set blocker (or blocking in space) versus in-line.  He's definitely shorter and more compact than the TE's that you guys have tended to field, from my recollection at least, outside of Clay Harbor who never really ended up getting much run with you guys due to injury.  Just my two cents.

23 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Didn't he drop a would-be bomb TD from Allen vs Miami but he dropped it?

It would have been a game winning TD at that. Wasn't the best ball but Josh did an excellent job of keeping the play alive and getting ball to the goalline and hit Clay in the hands.

Clay just fell off the cliff this year. He was really good previous seasons. He had some nagging injuries but still played and played well. This year we just witnessed a major drop in production

58 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

It would have been a game winning TD at that. Wasn't the best ball but Josh did an excellent job of keeping the play alive and getting ball to the goalline and hit Clay in the hands.

Clay just fell off the cliff this year. He was really good previous seasons. He had some nagging injuries but still played and played well. This year we just witnessed a major drop in production

Yea the pass might have been a little under thrown but given how long it was in the air you would assume he could have come back for it. You're right though, Allen did a phenomenal job avoiding pressure at several times to get that ball off

Archived